Toronto RV show - don't bother going. - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Andrew GPSMapNut's Avatar
 
Name: Andrew
Trailer: Modified Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Posts: 235
Registry
Toronto RV show - don't bother going.

Yesterday we went to the Toronto RV show in Mississauga International Centre. I was hoping to see new Trilliums there but, unfortunately Tom Young of Trillium RV in California was delayed on the way and came after the deadline for setting up the trailers so, he couldn't put his on display. What a pity! He did have the trailers outside so, potential buyers could arrange with him to see the trailers but, I didn't want to waste his time on showing them to us. We weren't there to buy one, just to see and maybe get some ideas for restoration of our Trillium Jubilee. Oddly enough, Tom insisted that they never made a Jubilee like ours! I'm suspecting that ours was custom made on a "midnight shift".
Other than talking to Tom, we got to see the usual array of stick builds. Hardly anything of interest to fiberglassers. Sorry to say it but, going there was waste of time.
__________________

__________________
Andrew GPSMapNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Gerda, H's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Posts: 191
Registry
Hihi, I can say the same about the RV show in Milwaukee... We went yesterday, and saw only the typical array of stickies... Wow, our fiberglass eggs are beauties!!!!
__________________

__________________
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
Member
 
Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Posts: 64
Registry
T.O. rv show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew GPSMapNut View Post
Yesterday we went to the Toronto RV show in Mississauga International Centre. I was hoping to see new Trilliums there but, unfortunately Tom Young of Trillium RV in California was delayed on the way and came after the deadline for setting up the trailers so, he couldn't put his on display. What a pity! He did have the trailers outside so, potential buyers could arrange with him to see the trailers but, I didn't want to waste his time on showing them to us. We weren't there to buy one, just to see and maybe get some ideas for restoration of our Trillium Jubilee. Oddly enough, Tom insisted that they never made a Jubilee like ours! I'm suspecting that ours was custom made on a "midnight shift".
Other than talking to Tom, we got to see the usual array of stick builds. Hardly anything of interest to fiberglassers. Sorry to say it but, going there was waste of time.
Hi Andrew. My wife & I know what you mean. We went down to see the new trilliums as well. We were disappointed that Tom was not allowed to bring the trailers inside. Afterall, how many manufacturers there could say that they came all the way from California to display their product. Tom really got a raw deal. We did get to see the trailers though. Tom took me & another couple out to look at them while my wife stayed behind to answer questions & hand out brochures. She knows alot about the trailer & is very good with the public. As far as the new trilliums are concerned , I was very impressed with the quality. This was my first contact with the new ones & being a 'picky' person on quality, I wanted to see for myself. Tom has done an excellent job in keeping with the original trillium values. I see a great future for the new trillium line , the cadillac of FGRV,s. We look forward to the new products that Tom & Mattman Specialty Vehicles will no doubt develop in the future. We wish them all the success . Keep up the good work! Dennis & Linda Schultz.
__________________
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Andrew GPSMapNut's Avatar
 
Name: Andrew
Trailer: Modified Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Posts: 235
Registry
I bet; Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA - the main show organizers) were Happy to find an excuse not to have Trilliums on the show floor. Consider that a stick build that is comparable in size is not any cheaper and it is heavier and rapidly loses the value. A trillium compared to small trailers there???!!! They would really have an egg on their faces! It made me laugh seen some signs on the smaller stick builds "it can be towed with a minivan". Heck, an egg is lighter than most tent trailers and it can be pulled by almost anything!
__________________
Andrew GPSMapNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #5
Member
 
Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Posts: 64
Registry
Glass VS Stickbuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
Hensley Sway Control Hitch is amazing but expensive
One thing that sets the eggs apart from other makes is the towability aspect & the cost. The Airstream cost is pretty much out of reach for most people plus you need a fairly large vehicle to pull it. The egg market is more appealing to the average small car owner that wants to trailer. When my wife & I still had our trillium 5500, we towed it with a 77 Pacer . People were amazed when we passed them especially on a grade ( I guess they were wondering what was under the hood). Eggers have alot going for themselves. We have the comfort & convenience of larger heavier rv,s at a fraction of the cost. That's probably why glass is making a comeback especially in these economic times. While fiberglass is more expensive today than 30 years ago it is still better than the alternative. Just wanted to add my thoughts to glass vs stickbuilds. And yes I believe that having a fiberglass manufacturer at the Toronto rv show was not in the best interest of the RV association. Hopefully Tom will make it for next yrs show.
__________________
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
james kent's Avatar
 
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Posts: 2,938
I thought that this was about Trillium Trailers at/cut from the RV show.
__________________
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #7
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Question Let's please stay on topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
I thought that this was about Trillium Trailers at/cut from the RV show.
I agree.

Find the Airstream Posts Here.
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Gerda, H's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Posts: 191
Registry
Thank you Frederick. I know I sort of went off the trails...
__________________
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
Member
 
Name: PaulOWindsor
Trailer: 2011 Trillium 1500 & 2002 Airstream 34
Ontario
Posts: 95
Forum : In speaking to Tom, he was understandably disappointed at being kept from displaying the new Trilliums, however, it looks like the two trailers will likely be on display at the upcoming Kitchener RV show.

Exhibitors/Brands | Kitchener RV Show & Extravaganza

P.
__________________
PaulOWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #10
Member
 
Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Posts: 64
Registry
Kitchener rv show

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOWindsor View Post
Forum : In speaking to Tom, he was understandably disappointed at being kept from displaying the new Trilliums, however, it looks like the two trailers will likely be on display at the upcoming Kitchener RV show.

Exhibitors/Brands | Kitchener RV Show & Extravaganza

P.
Paul, regarding the Kitchener rv show, is that a for sure thing or just a maybe. Tom did not say anything to us about coming here to Kitchener when we met with him at the Toronto show. sure would be great if he does though! Dennis & Linda
__________________
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #11
Member
 
Name: PaulOWindsor
Trailer: 2011 Trillium 1500 & 2002 Airstream 34
Ontario
Posts: 95
Hi Dennis : He'll be making an announcement once it's finalized.

The reason I got the advanced word on this, is because we have been talking on cellphones over the past week during his cross country trek & when I read that the trailers were not allowed into the Toronto show, I called him to say how sorry I was.

Apparently, the company that puts on the show in Toronto, also does the show in Kitchener...& this is why it looks like the Trilliums will be on display there.

In view of the fact that both the 1300 & 1500 are here in Ontario now, I'd be quite surprised if he was not there...given the situation at the Toronto show.

Film at eleven...

P.
__________________
PaulOWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #12
Member
 
Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Posts: 64
Registry
Trillium @ Kitchener RV show

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOWindsor View Post
Hi Dennis : He'll be making an announcement once it's finalized.

The reason I got the advanced word on this, is because we have been talking on cellphones over the past week during his cross country trek & when I read that the trailers were not allowed into the Toronto show, I called him to say how sorry I was.

Apparently, the company that puts on the show in Toronto, also does the show in Kitchener...& this is why it looks like the Trilliums will be on display there.

In view of the fact that both the 1300 & 1500 are here in Ontario now, I'd be quite surprised if he was not there...given the situation at the Toronto show.

Film at eleven...

P.
Paul, thanks for the info. We look forward to Tom,s announcement. By the way congrats on your purchase of a trillium 1500. From what I could see it is a beauty. I know you,ll enjoy it! Dennis S.
__________________

__________________
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
86 Cadet For Sale Toronto David Chiarot Classified Archives 3 01-26-2011 10:01 AM
Trillium trailer on display in classics section of Toronto Auto Show Phil H. General Chat 3 02-21-2008 06:56 PM
Why are there no fibreglass trailers at Toronto RV shows? Phil H. General Chat 18 10-18-2007 01:19 PM
1977 13' Boler For Immediate Sale, Toronto Yvon Hache Classified Archives 1 07-30-2007 02:25 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.