Tow vehicles - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #1

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
I know that this is a little off topic but that's what this area is for, right? right????.....
I was looking at a 52 chev 2 door with a 327 and automatic tranny, bucket seat, consul and sun visor. Exterior looks original except for the dual exhaust and throaty sound. Think that it's style fits the Boler to a "T". Question is How do I justify expense to you know who?

Old 11-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #2

Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
I know that this is a little off topic but that's what this area is for, right? right????.....
I was looking at a 52 chevy 2 door with a 327 and automatic tranny, bucket seat, consul and sun visor. Exterior looks original except for the dual exhaust and throaty sound. Think that it's style fits the Boler to a "T". Question is How do I justify expense to you know who?
Shucks- --one always needs another car..... The wench ( ) and I are down to 20 (or so).... And yeah, that would make a nifty tow vehicle... Besides, it will only appreciate, not go down by 30-35 % the minute you buy it. And maybe "she who knows best" will like to drive it. You could always let her drive it down to the service station to put gas in, maybe even to the grocery store to buy provisions for the next trip...... Larry

Old 11-13-2007, 07:06 AM   #3

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Quote:
I was looking at a 52 chev 2 door with a 327 and automatic tranny, bucket seat, consul and sun visor. Exterior looks original except for the dual exhaust and throaty sound. Think that it's style fits the Boler to a "T". Question is How do I justify expense to you know who?
Just put your foot down -----On the gas pedal when she hears about this. This will give her time to cool down and time for you to reflec on this decision.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
The Corvette TV was a real crowd pleaser at the Oregon Gathering.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #5

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Question is How do I justify expense ....
By remembering, you can't take it with you, and if not NOW.. then WHEN. If you have the funds.... it will give you pleasure..... you're not denying paying a bill or other necessity.... yada, yada, yada

Don't forget to post pictures
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #6

Name: Barbara
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
James,

I drove a 1965 Impala SS Convertible for about 5 years, sparingly in the winter . I looked after it washing regularly especially underneath. I sold it 4 years ago for $200.00 more than I had in it. Try that with any other car.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Well, I traded a bottle of Beam to a former East German for a '79 Trabant (24 HP two cylinder two-stroke engine), drove it for a year and sold it to another American for $50 before I left Germany.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #8

Trailer: 1999 Starcraft Star Lite 25RQH
Quote:
Excelent idea. I just bought a 05 "Jimmy" to pull my 17 ft and it has been a bit (no a whole lot quiet) around here but she, who is to be obeyed, is starting to speak again. Maybe by next summer, I will be able to pull the trailer with both of us and the dog in the car.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #9

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
That sounds like a great question to post on the canadian street rod associations forums board... They'd have a real good time with that one