Trail Manor trailers - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-14-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
Carol Hagy

Hi,

Do Trail Manor trailers fit in the category of fiberglass trailers? They are similar to pop up trailers but do not have any canvas. They are all fiberglass.

Carol
Old 11-14-2005, 03:20 PM   #2

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I'm sure they fit into the category of fiberglass trailers, however, the FiberglassRV forum targets molded fiberglass trailers. Of which, I don't believe Trail Manor is....

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #3

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
As a matter of fact, for the sake of interest ordered a Trail Manor brochure the other day, and recieved it last week. Interesting trailers. It will be interesting to see how they look in 10 years.

Roger
Old 11-14-2005, 04:30 PM   #4
Carol Hagy

I currently own a 2005 Scamp w/side dinette but am selling it because I need a bigger trailer - new addition to family. That's when I started looking at the Trail Manor. Went to the dealer last Saturday to see one and they are nice.

Carol
Old 11-16-2005, 07:46 AM   #5
Carol Hagy

Robert - don't we need to level trailers out as much as possible anyway? With the Scamp that was the first thing I did.

Carol
Old 11-16-2005, 09:10 AM   #6

Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Yes Carol, you do... but in some cases (apparently the TM) it's more important than in others. I've camped in some pretty unlevel places over the years. The LAST thing I'd want to do is have to fight with my RV either to get it ready to use or to get it road-ready.

Roger
Old 11-16-2005, 09:21 AM   #7

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I've started a couple of camping trips in severe wet weather. Under those conditions I cannot even imagine hassling with cranking anything up or out or in and down. That's the beauty of owning a fiberglass trailer. Very usable with minimal effort, no matter what the weather I think the big question to ask yourself Carol, is if the weather is less than steller, would you stay home rather than deal with anykind of RV that requires that type of setup? If so, is that really the direction you want to go. That's a question only you can answer for yourself.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:08 AM   #8
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I like the concept of the Trail Manor, but every time I think of how I use my trailer I wonder how practical it would be for me. I don't think I'd like to have to raise and lower it every time I pulled off to the side of a road to grab something out of the fridge/cupboard or use the restroom. Plus, like Donna, I've encountered some pretty foul weather during road trips. Both setting up and breaking camp. It's nice to be able to just dash inside and wait out a storm while fixing dinner, reading, or just relaxing. I've had to break camp in a deluge -- not fun. I had to be somewhere that night so I waited as long as I could. No way would I have been able to take down a Trail Manor in that.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:27 PM   #9

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Tennessee
I still like the fact that while traveling in bad weather or in the middle of nowhere I can stop anywhere and just walk into the Burro and have lunch, potty break or nap whichever is most important. Nothing to raise or lower.

Of course if it's a rough road I first have to cut a path through all the stuff that "re-arranged" itself.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:30 AM   #10
Carol Hagy

Thanks for your input everyone. I understand what you're saying. The Scamp just isn't big enough what everyone who's going camping with me now. In fact, I sold the Scamp last night on eBay. Thanks again.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #11

Iowa
Congrats Carol! I hope you find something suitable for your next camper!

Roger