Trailer for three adults with more than 6 ft headroom - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Parkliner is another option. The rear dinette bed is a 60"x80" queen, and the side dinette makes into a 24"x?? single. Not much separation between the beds, though. It has 6'5" of interior headroom and is equipped with a wet bath and full propane systems. There is a used one for sale right now, and the factory is restarting production of new ones under new ownership.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #16
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
What Jim Bennett said. The narrow double bed would disqualify the Escape 21, although the Escape 19 has a queen bed. Not sure of ceiling height in the 19, though. (It would be okay in the 21.)

Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:32 PM   #17
CPW

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Flori-duh!
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmarsh View Post
That's a nice trailer. Do you have any idea what it costs? I cant find any cost information on their website. I live pretty close to the oliver factory but since their trailers are so nice I expect they may be out of my price range.

Was @ 40K but I understand it is now between 45K and 50K. Plus it is heavy. I would expect a Tacoma as a tow vehicle would seem a bit anemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 04-20-2016, 08:44 AM   #18

Name: John
Trailer: Shopping
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Was @ 40K but I understand it is now between 45K and 50K. Plus it is heavy. I would expect a Tacoma as a tow vehicle would seem a bit anemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Thats what I figured. The olivers are nice but they are way outside my budget.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:52 AM   #19

Georgia
For a trailer my preference is:

1st choice: 3 twin beds - there seem to be very few of these (if any) in trailers with > 6 ft headroom. I've been searching and haven't found any. Maybe one of the escapes could be configured that way. I've been looking and haven't found anything like that out there (both here and on the escape owners forum).

2nd choice 1 twin and a queen bed
What I don't like about this option is having to crawl over someone to get the the bathroom AND most have the twin right next to the queen - no separation.

The escape 5.0 TA would be great for my needs but the pin load pretty much requires a full size truck which I don't want to buy. The colorado/canyon would do it if willing to pay extreme attention to payload because it would be cutting it close with a passenger in every seat of the truck.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:50 AM   #20

Name: Dennis
Trailer: 16' Scamp
Georgia
Google: Parkliner. Take a good look at info on their web site. I think these trailers might meet your needs.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #21

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:

1st choice: 3 twin beds - there seem to be very few of these (if any) in trailers with > 6 ft headroom. I've been searching and haven't found any. Maybe one of the escapes could be configured that way. I've been looking and haven't found anything like that out there (both here and on the escape owners forum).

What I don't like about this option is having to crawl over someone to get the the bathroom AND most have the twin right next to the queen - no separation.

The escape 5.0 TA would be great for my needs but the pin load pretty much requires a full size truck which I don't want to buy. The colorado/canyon would do it if willing to pay extreme attention to payload because it would be cutting it close with a passenger in every seat of the truck.
Hi: jrmarsh... We have an Escape 5.0TA and pull with a V6 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab.(1100 # cargo cap.) Dry pin wt. is 600# with propane tanks full and fresh water on board.
Combo works very well. You could request two twins in the loft rather than the full sized queen. The dinette makes into an 80+" long double bed size, and we put a shower spring rod with a curtain on it for privacy.
Head room over 7' at the base of the loft steps 6'4" at dinette table.
We travel with our 30 something daughter some times!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030641.jpg   P1030690.jpg  

Old 04-20-2016, 11:07 AM   #22

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
You could request two twins in the loft rather than the full sized queen.
I'm not sure I see an advantage to that for a couple, you still crawl out the side/bottom of the bed either way don't you?
Old 04-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #23

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: jrmarsh... We have an Escape 5.0TA and pull with a V6 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab.(1100 # cargo cap.) Dry pin wt. is 600# with propane tanks full and fresh water on board.
Combo works very well. You could request two twins in the loft rather than the full sized queen. The dinette makes into an 80+" long double bed size, and we put a shower spring rod with a curtain on it for privacy.
Head room over 7' at the base of the loft steps 6'4" at dinette table.
We travel with our 30 something daughter some times!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Thanks. The escape 5th wheel is ideal for me as is.

However, load a crew cab mid size truck up with 4 passengers and most of the mid sized trucks don't have enough remaining payload. If you have only two passengers it should work. I will have 3 to 4 middle aged adults. The weight of 4 adults who are all overweight is about 700 lbs in my case. Truck weigh only makes an allowance for a 150 lb driver and no other passengers. So my passenger will reduce the payload by 550 lbs.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #24

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
I'm not sure I see an advantage to that for a couple, you still crawl out the side/bottom of the bed either way don't you?
There are some folks that prefer to sleep separate for their own reasons. Not me, snuggling is how you warm the bed up in cold weather, right?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #25

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
jrmarsh.....

I can't believe this discussion's come this far without a Casita loyalist posting! I suggest that a Casita travel trailer....one of the 17" (3 varieties available) ones....may be exactly what you want. My 2007 model....purchased used in 2013....is holding up quite nicely with at least 30,000 of my miles. To view choices, go to .... http://casitatraveltrailers.com/ ...

For discussions of others' Casita experiences, improvements, etc., you could visit the ... www.casitaclub.com/ or also www.casitaforum.com/ .

Hope to meet you down the road.

Frank
Old 04-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #26

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:

I do not recall having seen a fibreglass trailer with a twin right next to the double/queen bed as described in 2nd choice.

Most have the large bed at one end and the dining table at the other (or on the side of the trailer) that drops down for the additional bed. This is what you will find in the Escape 19' and 21'
Attached Thumbnails
21EscapeFloorPlan-2016.jpg   19EscapeFloorPlan-2016-1024x658.jpg  

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:19 PM   #27

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
A Parkliner with the bunk option would suit your needs very well. 6'5" ceilings, bunk will accommodate a 6" adult, and the main bed is queen size, bathroom with shower. It's a really nice trailer and less pricey than Oliver or Escape. And not too far from you.
It's the only FB TT that my grandson can stand up straight in.

Walt
Old 04-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #28

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I do not recall having seen a fibreglass trailer with a twin right next to the double/queen bed as described in 2nd choice.

Most have the large bed at one end and the dining table at the other (or on the side of the trailer) that drops down for the additional bed. This is what you will find in the Escape 19' and 21'
Almost all of the queen beds I have seen except the 5.0 Escape have the queen bed length oriented side to side which means if you get up in the middle of the night you have to crawl over the other person to get out of bed. The queen in the escape 21 oriented forward/aft but in a practical sense you have to crawl around to get out if you're the person closest to to wall.