Trailer Found 2 - A sequel! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi All,

Well, we managed to find the 'almost' perfect Trillium 1300. It's a 1976 Trillium Deluxe with fiberglass light shelf, door window, working furnace, fridge stove, cool cutlery drawer under table - basically the exact model we missed in Twassasen - but with electric brakes and an awning!

The interior is in awesome shape, totally dry and clean, however the outside is quite faded (Vertglas needed) with a few fractures and 3 patched holes from a previous owners attempts at installing an extinguisher and safety bar for the bunk (nice to have both though). It's also missing the original front rockscreen and the safety chains are so tiny I wouldn't chain my dog up with them.

What's really cool is all the original documentation (instructions for stove, fridge, electrical) are still in the magazine pouch.

Anyways, I have attached a few pictures of Olive and Hazel waiting for the camping season. I am going to installing laminate flooring and new cab doors this spring so will post pics of the interior then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	olive_and_hazel.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	12973
Attached Thumbnails
hazel_and_olive.jpg  
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
OK, now you have Olive and Hazel.. when will you add Rose?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
AhHAHAHAHAHAHhaha!!! Allright Booker! WOW, that was fast! Does Hazel have pumpkin inards??
Now you can focus on MY needs!

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #4

Hi Sharon,

Nope, no pumpkin, that's why it's 'almost' perfect. We were actually hoping for a green on green but Hazel is beige on beige like most of the later 70's Trilliums.

I don't know if they actually made a pumpkin model with the fiberglass shelf/door window. I have never seen one on the web during my searches. Seems like 72-73 were the only years for the pumpkin... guess it was too much even for the 70's harvest gold crowd.

I will continue my searches for Trilliums on the West Coast, might still find that green on green one. For now though we are pretty happy with this one. I think I am going to probably hold onto Olive for a bit as I have friends with kids who want to 'borrow' her for a weekend.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
You will have the "vegetation" collection
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #6

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Trillium
Glad to hear you finally found one. Was it local or did you have to travel to get it?

So, when we see a tandem tow of Trilliums we'll know who it is...

(the Twassasen will likely be sporting electric brakes in the near future too...and drapes in the even more near future. My wife's already sewing.)

Dave
David Swinnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #7

Hi Dave,

Yes, I was lucky that it was down in Parksville so around 30 minutes away. I didn't mess around this time, just called and said I would buy it first thing in the morning. Good priced Trilliums are moving pretty fast lately.

I think two is our limit, one to camp in while the other is being restored. Not like these people!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Two's a couple... Three's a crowd... Four HMMMM!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Not like these people!

Ahhh, I'm guessing Brenda and Dave didn't start out thinking they would adopt a litter either! Just sorta couldn't stop. Better watch what you say Booker, you may end up eating your hat!!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #10

Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel and 1995 Bigfoot 2500 Shortbox Truck Camper and 1972 Compact Jr ('CJ') and 1974 Boler ('BB')
Hi everone,

The herd of trailers used to belongs to us. Because of our love for these trailers, my husband Nolan and myself wanted to let folks experience the same great times we have had and had started a rental business about three years ago. We closed the business last year and sold off most of our units for the simple fact that for a couple who loved to travel and camp had no time off to enjoy the small amount of summer we have here in Saskatchewan.

In our short time running the business, we had many wonderful renters - from as far away as Campbell River, BC and we think that we converted a few folks to the world of fiberglass trailers.

To update:

The Green Grape (1974 Trill 1300) went to a new home in Vancouver.

Creampuff (1978 Trill 4500) and Stubby (1978 Trill 1300) found a new home here in Saskatchewan.

Our pride and joy, Dewey, (1974 Trill 1300) will be ready to be put for sale within the next week.

We still have the Compact Junior and aquired a Boler last year to restore. Nolan's project is the Compact Junior and my project is the Boler. I have started on the Boler, but since I'm going to tackle this myself, it could take a while. The trailer that we use for camping is a 1987 Bigfoot 5th wheel which we enjoy thoroughly. Now that we have the time to camp again, we are in no rush to complete our projects so the two we have will keep us busy enough so no more trailers in our future.

Just thought I'd clear this up.

Brenda Novakovski
Saskatoon, SK

Brenda Novakovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Ahhh, I'm guessing Brenda and [b]Dave didn't start out thinking they would adopt a litter either! Just sorta couldn't stop. Better watch what you say Booker, you may end up eating your hat!!

OOPS, SO SORRY NOLAN!!!