TRAILER SCAM Watch out heres how it works - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-04-2016, 11:20 AM   #29

Name: bill
Trailer: 1996 Casita LD
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
It's definitely the same pics - including the Texas license plate. I'm thinking "Bill" has some explaining to do... And I wouldn't touch it without seeing it - at the very least you must verify its condition; it's three years (almost 4) years old now, and these pics were made when it was new... If it's even the same trailer.

You are wise to be super cautious.
While there is a good chance it is a scam, I often have bought stuff off CL where the lazy seller just found someone else's pictures on the web and "borrowed" them for their ad. I restore vintage bikes and several times I have seen my pictures used to sell someone else's bike. Very irritating!

Old 10-05-2016, 08:54 PM   #30

Name: Martin
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.5 Gaucho
Missouri
Be careful of people that say they are interested and want to negotiate via text, then they say they will come and purchase, then they have excuses for delaying the transaction but expect you to hold the unit for them. If they really are interested and sincere they will make the effort to get there.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #31

Name: Mark
Trailer: none
Connecticut
little harsh there bud....sometimes people do not know the value of what they are selling ... so to say any who respond are greedy is a bit judgmental..
Old 10-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #32

Name: Martin
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.5 Gaucho
Missouri
I stand corrected, the sale went through even though at times it seemed it wouldn't.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:34 AM   #33

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Registry
This is a scam

Wheel bigfoot series 24db

The same as this:

2003 Bigfoot 3000 Series 24DB | eBay

From the seller:

Hi again,
I hope the photos "spoke" for themselves. THIS RV IS RARE AND A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY. NO Leaks NO Rust NO Wrecks NO Accidents, NO Rips or Tears in the Upholstery NO Smoke or Pet Odors, Runs & Drives

I will do my best to walk you through the process. As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced. I got a new job and moved to Omaha,Ne for a new start. The rv is already at the shipping company in Omaha sealed and ready for the shipping,so you will not have to pick the RV up yourself.I advertised it on other states also to get more exposure and sell it faster. The deal is handled by eBay so I don't have much to do about it. Using eBay`s Buyer Protection Program, you get free delivery, at your place in 6-10 days. In addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. If you wish to proceed just send me an email with your full name (for the bill of sale), a delivery address and a phone # where you can be reached and I will forward them to eBay and they will send you the invoice with all of the transaction details.

Thanks,
Jessica
////////////////////////////

Needless to say, I ran away and flagged the listing.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote