Trailer that will fit through an 8ft garage door - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #15

Name: Grant
Trailer: Escape 17b 2006
British Columbia
Just remeasured as I upgraded to a Maxx Fan from Escape trailers factory in Chilliwack, BC. 7 FT 8 INCHES. It still fits with the Maxx Fan up, luckily as I have forgot to put it down when moving it out. They also installed a screen door and side hatch. Very pleased with my Escape it is the second one I have owned. This is the standard factory height 2004-2006 years only.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #16

Name: Bill & Sandra Hanna
Trailer: 19' 2011 Escape
Texas
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Allen View Post
Just remeasured as I upgraded to a Maxx Fan from Escape trailers factory in Chilliwack, BC. 7 FT 8 INCHES. It still fits with the Maxx Fan up, luckily as I have forgot to put it down when moving it out. They also installed a screen door and side hatch. Very pleased with my Escape it is the second one I have owned. This is the standard factory height 2004-2006 years only.
Yes. Ours is a 2011

Old 06-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #17

Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
[QUOTE=Jill2015;530727]Thank you for the great input everyone.

Definitely measured my garage before posting. I just double checked though and was a bit surprised to find that I have 3 18" panels in the middle and 2 21" panels on the top and bottom (5 panels total). Before I thought they were all the same size.

You are all talking about the HEIGHT of the door, right? As most single garage doors are 9 or 10 ft WIDE ???
A roof top A/C can spoil your dreams of getting it inside.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #18

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Boler in the barn ? Most standard garage doors up here are 7 foot height. Our '73 Boler would only get in If I deflated tires, or removed entire wheels, or at least scraped some wax off the roof. So, over this winter we built a new garage ! Our new 'Boler Barn' is just 16 feet by 16 feet; but the door is 9 feet high, and 12 feet wide. Now we have plenty of room to renovate.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:30 AM   #19

Name: Jill
Trailer: in the market
California
Came to this forum looking for new trailers that would fit under our 8ft garage door and what I learned instead was that shorter garage doors are very common. And since we don't plan to be in this house much longer, it would be foolish to limit our trailer choice based on its height, when it might not fit in the garage of our next home.

So the field is wide open for us now. Thank you everyone for your help on this!