Transmission Coolers for your TUG? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #15
Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper, 2002 Highlander 3.0L, 1999 F250 7.3L Diesel
Also worth noting - factory towing packages often include a higher amp alternator to help handle any increased electrical demands of the trailer being towed. I read an article on the Internet recently that implied all 2017 Toyota vehicles with the V6 engine will come standard with towing package (tranny cooler, high-amp alternator, 2" hitch, 4-pin wiring harness). We'll see if that's true when they hit the dealer showrooms this Fall.

War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #16
Name: Jaye
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to jaye580
When I towed my 78 Scamp a 100K miles or so across country several times and back with my Pontiac Trans Sport mini van, I had the trans cooler installed and if I remember correctly it was not too expensive. My TV now is a Jeep Wrangler with a tow package and I am wondering if it already has this feature, anyone know?

Owner of the "Treasure Chest"
see my past projects here:
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #17
Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper
It should have but id check to be sure. In front of your radiator and condenser should be the tranny cooler. It looks like a mini radiator, maybe 1/5th of the size. Has 2 tranny lines going to it.

2013 EggCamper!
JWScarab is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)