Transporting a trailer cross country - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-08-2018, 05:30 PM   #1

Name: Russ
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Transporting a trailer cross country

Hello out there....anyone have experience with any company(s) that can/will transport travel trailers across multiple states?

My preference would be NOT to have it towed....flat decked or otherwise.

If there other options available, I would be interested in knowing.

Thank you in advance.

Russ Foster

Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #2

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Casita 2018 Independence Dlx
Tennessee
Transport a TT

I'd suggest calling a BOAT transportation co..they seem to be able to haul even big fixed-keel (tall) sailboats w ease.

Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:14 PM   #3

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft RQ
Missouri
Do an on line search for RV transport companies. There are several. Tell them you want it hauled, not towed. Get a quote. Verify insurance.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:34 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, 2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4
California
Registry
its a trailer, why wouldn't you tow it or have it towed ? taking turns driving my wife and I made it from Reno, NV to Dallas TX in 26 hours including gas and meal stops.

if its under 7'6" wide at the widest point, it WILL fit in a shipping container or a semi trailer... securely strap down the wheels and the frame... I'd tape shipping blankets over the trailer sides as it likely will move on its own suspension... but trucking something that way is expensive.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:58 PM   #5

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
FYI, so you have a ballpark $:

Escape uses a contractor to deliver trailers all over North America. "The cost for delivery is calculated at a rate of $3.00/mile for a single delivery. If we are able to combine deliveries two trailer will receive a discount of $0.20/mile. (Updated 19Sept2018)"
I assume that price is CAD, which would be $2.25 a mile USD.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:32 AM   #6

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Casita 2018 Independence Dlx
Tennessee
towing a new TT

FWIW we picked up our new Casita at the factory in Rice TX last April and towed her home to central 10aC w our new tow vehicle we'd just bought..2017 Frontier double cab, V6, longbed truck w factory tow pkg and Csasita-installed anti-sway system installed. Camped 3 nice nights on the way back incl a real beautiful drive up the Natchez Trace Pkwy bkz it is within 2 miles of our home! No problemo and a good "shakedown" for us.

We are old "tenters" and so this was our first trailer, but we had a ball. Packed so much "gear" that we musta looked like the modern rendition of the Beverly Hillbillies! ;-)
The TV-TT combo was fine and we were glad we had the 14" longer wheel base w the "long bed"...she towed real well and w the anti-sway bar installed, we had zero trouble, as we have also had none in 6000 miles of towing all this camping season. Note: we stay at the 60 mph tow speed as the factory recommended.
IMHO I wd consider self-towing again.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:33 AM   #7

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: Uhaul
Tennessee
Call Joan or her sone at Eclipse Transport and see if she can help you.

I have used her for years for my many transport needs all across the country.

800 207 3012

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:35 AM   #8

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
We have looked like that with several rigs we have owned over the years! Probably would now if we pulled with a pickup instead of a Tahoe.
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #9

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
I had a quote on transporting a motorcycle from Las Vegas to Dallas and it was $700 and about a two week time frame.
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #10

Name: Paul
Trailer: Scamp
Arizona
Trailer transport

I tried to buy a Burro, on the West Coast and have it shipped to the East Coast. Most shipping companies are brokers and this is usually outside their comfort zone so expect exorbitant fees, such as $5K. Two possibilities exist if you are patient and the dispatchers are creative. If a token tow (tug) vehicle is available at each drop off a trailer can be loaded on a car carrier attached to a momentary tug. Another possibility is construction trailers which handle odd cargo on flat beds or containers Or both. Ther doesn't seem to be any direct way. I have met a gypsy sort of tow fellow but don't have any contact information. I hope this helps.
Paul
Murph45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:04 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Try uship.com - I've used their broker service to move antique tractors and trailers on flatbeds all over the Western USA and never had a problem. Last haul was Denver, Colorado to Portland Oregon (1300 miles) for $950; took 3 days (in the middle of a January snowstorm!)

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot