travel booklets - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Talking

When traveling, with Skippy (my terrier) I always take lots of pictures and when I get back home I have lots of fun putting them, along with a log of the trip, copies of sales tickets or anything else I may save from the trip to put into a printed booklet. When I want to remember anything about a particular trip I just have to look on my bookshelf and pull out the folder that has the information. I enjoy doing this and encourage everyone else to not just take pictures, but to put them into a book for future enjoyment. I have also done this with an old diary (1876) that I followed and photographed in Oregon a few years ago. I will have some to show at the Oregon gathering in July.
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I do something like that except I do it all computerized then print the results. I both an electronic copy and a printed copy. There's a difference or two. Mine is not just about the trips, but about the trailer. Example; I came home from work one evening to find a note taped to my door from somebody wanting to buy my brand new Scamp. I scanned that note and it has become part of the book. We have a stuffed mascot, and his story is there. Any mods are included.

However you keep the stuff related to your trips and or trailer it always fun to go back through them.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
What one of my friends does is print multiple photos in color on regular printer pages and then binds them into an ever-larger book. They aren't the best quality possible, but are more than good enough for memory stuf and don't cost much at all. He went back and scanned in his photos and slides.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
What I do and did on my Alaska trip is print photos frequently while on the trip. I then spend free time putting them in books and labeling. That way it's all done when I arrive home from a trip. I had lots of pictures from Alaska so this process was wonderful as everyone wanted to see my trip. Had I waited until I arrived home it would have been too taunting with everything else going on.

I carry a small photo printer so at the end of each day I simply put the memory card in the printer and print thumb nail pages of the days photos. I then decide which photos I really want to print and put in books. I'm usually done in no time.

Having my printer has also come in handy as I have taken the group photo at several gatherings and printed copies for each of the attendees to take with them.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote