Travel Plans?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Travel Plans??

Sooooooooooooo, anybody got any travel plans over Christmas? Most of ya'll know we're headed to my nephew's in Clarksville, TN as he and his family were just transferred from Ft. Bragg, NC. My MIL/FIL will be joining us as well as my BIL/SIL and their College age girls. So that makes 14 of us total! Thankfully we have our own "guest house" to park in the driveway, LOL.

Lets hear yall's plans and post pix when you get back! Esp the snow pix as it just doesnt feel like Christmas with 80 degree temps today.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #2

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
My Burro will be involved in my sparkle season travel plans, but I won't be camping in it - My work is closed during the week between christmas and new year's and I plan to spend it on the winter makeover over in western Pennsylvania. There's lots of sanding to be done!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
No travel plans for Christmas this year. Next you we plan on starting our winter travel season at the end of November, right after Thanksgiving.

This year the plan is on or about the 9th of January with Death Valley the first stop other than a night just to sleep on the way there.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab
Sooooooooooooo, anybody got any travel plans over Christmas? Most of ya'll know we're headed to my nephew's in Clarksville, TN as he and his family were just transferred from Ft. Bragg, NC. My MIL/FIL will be joining us as well as my BIL/SIL and their College age girls. So that makes 14 of us total! Thankfully we have our own "guest house" to park in the driveway, LOL.

Lets hear yall's plans and post pix when you get back! Esp the snow pix as it just doesnt feel like Christmas with 80 degree temps today.
Well I'm still traveling - just working my way up through southern Calf from the Mexico border. Its hard for me to get my head around the fact im wearing flip flops & its only 8 days until christmas. Have my big coat & boots at the ready as i move north. So my travel plan is to make it home for Christmas were its cold & will feel more like it should to me. Will then put the Scamp to bed until the spring.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #5

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
We have no travel plans. We did 2000 miles a week ago and are now settled in AZ until spring. Going to the potluck at the RV park on Christmas afternoon.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #6

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Actually I'm thinking of going camping new year's eve at a nearby cg that is open, celebrating the new year under the stars, if it doesn't snow!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: cpaharley2008...You could still celebrate the new year under...a blanket of... snow!!! Only 3 days off over Christmas and my DW elected to work the holiday...Hmmm?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Alf, you need to go camp in Jim's yard.
Jim, you go camp in Alf's yard.
What an adventure!

I asked my DW if she would like to go see the ocean a bit south of Galveston. Her reply went something like: "Oh, sure, sounds fun.... wait, you mean take the trailer? Forget it, I don't want to camp." I give up.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #9

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Mike you need to come and camp in both our yards!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Mike you need to come and camp in both our yards!!
Maybe in the summer, thanks! I don't do 'up north' this time of year. Too much glare off the snow, i.e., too much snow!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #11

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Like Carol we just finished traveling in the "wrong direction". We were in South Carolina and Georgia for 3 weeks where it was nice weather. We are now back home in upstate NY where the forecast is for rain and snow. Came back for the holidays with our kids and grandkids. Probably next winter will be spent south in the warm weather for three months at least. Only saw two fiberglass trailers the whole trip involving 7 campgrounds, a 17 foot Casita in Huntington Beach SC, and a 13 foot Scamp on the road in Delaware.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote