Trick Or Treat!!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2008, 09:04 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
GRRR!
Attached Thumbnails
freddyoda.jpg  
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
125 kids so far.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:11 PM   #3

Registry
I got one. Expected little neighbor kid in a sheet.. with holes for eyes. Cute for a 2 year old. Thats all I will get tho.

Hooterville is not set up for Trick or Treat. Too many houses set back on up/downslopes. Dark and dangerous.

I am listening to the party down in town. The merchants set up trick or treat and a haunted house and "ghoul" parade for the kiddies.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I got one. Expected little neighbor kid in a sheet.. with holes for eyes. Cute for a 2 year old. Thats all I will get tho.

Hooterville is not set up for Trick or Treat. Too many houses set back on up/downslopes. Dark and dangerous.

I am listening to the party down in town. The merchants set up trick or treat and a haunted house and "ghoul" parade for the kiddies.
Kool
Old 10-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We live in the middle of town and have had only 14 so far. There is so many other events going on that normal trick or treating is left to the teenagers. 10 teenagers, 11-15 and 4 small ones.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:19 PM   #6

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Just got two little ones with their parents all dressed up too.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:23 PM   #7

Registry
I don't like the older ones.

My parents wouldn't let us go after we were 9 or so. And we really didn't want too either.

It's a LITTLE kids activity.. the older ones can go to parties etc. Let the kiddiewinks have their "night" to themselves.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:29 PM   #8

Trailer: Havasu 1972
Registry
I've had about 50-60 trick or treaters. The weather is good hear and I'm close to a lot of good neighborhood houses. I do get a bunch of older ones but it doesn't bother me, although I give them the yucky candy(toosie rolls) from the assortment. That will teach 'um. Cyndi
Cyndi P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:43 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Arrow

Quote:
There is so many other events going on that normal trick or treating is left to the teenagers.
We don't participate in Halloween anymore, due to an incident with teenagers.
It involved threats, property damage, 4 calls to 9-1-1, Newspaper & TV reporters, and finally an apology from my City Council Member.

I just lock the front gate.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #10

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/ecard...;source=msne999
Attached Thumbnails
LOL___.gif  
Attached Images

Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:05 PM   #11
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Here's a pic of my pumpkin tonight:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00213a.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	16532

Looked lots better in the dark than in the daylight...

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:10 PM   #12

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hey, Mary - GREAT punkin ... thanx for sharing that pic, and happy Holler-ween! L 'n D
Old 11-01-2008, 01:15 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Not too much going on here on my street. I just had a thought for next year - I could decorate the Escape in my driveway like a haunted pumpkin and give candy out from there - might keep the dogs (in the house) from getting so freaked out.

My nieces and nephews were over for our family traditional pumpkin carving at Aunt Anne's. I'm still cleaning up the pumpkin guts from all over the house. But at the end of the evening, each kid stands next to their lit pumpkin for a picture. Pretty cute.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:09 AM   #14

Trailer: Boler 1984
When we moved here there were 150 little kids on our cresent under the age of 5. Now we have become a street of old retired people. We had only three little kids with parents come to the door. Too bad because it's nice to see their smiling faces and they grow up so soon.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #15

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
We don't have many kids but they get driven to our neighborhood by the van full and dropped off and seem to never leave, so I'm not home anymore. I could go through 500 pieces of candy in an hour if I wanted to be there for all these non-local kids. I'm sure they are coming because their own neighborhoods aren't safe but as the mall is open to trick-or-treaters I wish they would go there instead and leave us to the neighborhood kids.

What I thought was cool this year was that the car show is in town, so they had last night as trunk-or-treat night. Anyone in a costume got in free and kids could trick-or-treat while Mom or Dad looked at the new cars.

Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #16

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
We don't have many kids but they get driven to our neighborhood by the van full and dropped off and seem to never leave, so I'm not home anymore.
I feel your pain. Our neighborhood swells by the hundreds on Halloween! We're also known as the place to go view Christmas lights. Our neighborhood association has assisted in curtailing the trick or treaters by reminding everyone to turn their lights on at 6pm and to turn them off promptly at 8pm. At 6pm there isn't a parking spot to be found, but at 8:10pm we're back to peace and quiet. The out-of-the-neighborhood kids (and parents) have learned they only have two hours... make the most of it.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #17

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
The two-hour thing wouldn't be so bad. I got home at 9:30 last night and huge crowds of small children (like 4-8 years old) were still being ushered around, not to mention the increasing numbers of teens. That's my other pet peeve- how old should you be when you quit trick-or-treating?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #18

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
The two-hour thing wouldn't be so bad. I got home at 9:30 last night and huge crowds of small children (like 4-8 years old) were still being ushered around, not to mention the increasing numbers of teens. That's my other pet peeve- how old should you be when you quit trick-or-treating?
Sounds like you need to lead a neighborhood revolt. How many houses? Even if you only got two or three blocks to do something similar to what we do, you would probably get the entire neighbor to figure it out... gets the neighbors to talk too. Print up some fliers (you can get a number on one piece of paper), cut them out and hand them out a week or so before Halloween.

I found my daughter WANTED to quit trick-or-treating after her 12th birthday. She and her friends only wanted to dress up and hang out. The parents have been taking turns hosting parties since then. It usually involves a movie and snacks. Nothing too tough. It's actually pretty easy when Halloween falls on a school night!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #19

Trailer: 17 ft Bigfoot
We live in a court. There are usually lots of visitors from outside the court but they all come later (likely do there own area first).
So I sat outside and played some music, gave away applesauce and fruit drinks(not punch) for a bit more than two hours. All the young kids in the court came by, mostly with their parents, they were fun. A few visitors also came. Then we made a batch of Margaritas and went to our friends to finish "treating".
It was a good night.
Chris
Donna & Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #20

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
It's with great sadness that I share this report. Such a sad commentary on modern life, my prayers go out to this family.