Trillium dealers in Canada - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #1

Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Registry
Trillium dealers in Canada

Hello Trillium fans. In case you don,t know yet, We have 2 dealers in eastern Canada now that will carry the New Trillium brand. One is in Quebec & the other is local to us in London Ont. Can Am which used to sell the Outback will now add Trilliums along with the Airstream. Tom dropped the two trilliums the 1300 & the 4500 off to Can Am. These were supposed to have been at the Toronto show but never made it inside the building. There was speculation that Tom may bring the trailers to the Kitchener rv show in April, but Can Am just informed me that they will not be there. If you were thinking of going to see the two trilliums at the Kitchener show I would check with Can Am first in case things change. Anyway it,s nice to know that we can see them close by for those who live in southern Ont. Just thought I,d share this info as I just came across it today while viewing the Trillium website. Let,s hope Tom has a safe drive home to California if he is not already there. Cheers! Dennis & Linda

Old 03-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #2

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Dennis Schultz... I went to have a look see this am. Can't say I was impressed but then you have to go a long way to top an Escape Trailer IMHO. Fammia awnings stand away from the body means water dripping down the sides of the trailer. Carslile tires...hmmm??? Only 1/2 of the back window is Jalousie vented...but I guess that's better than none, in some opinions. Didn't ask the price so I don't know options or list and they only have a 15'er on the lot.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Old 03-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #3

Ontario
Registry
Trillium dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: Dennis Schultz... I went to have a look see this am. Can't say I was impressed but then you have to go a long way to top an Escape Trailer IMHO. Fammia awnings stand away from the body means water dripping down the sides of the trailer. Carslile tires...hmmm??? Only 1/2 of the back window is Jalousie vented...but I guess that's better than none, in some opinions. Didn't ask the price so I don't know options or list and they only have a 15'er on the lot.
Hi Alf. I called Can-Am to find out where the 1300 was. They told me that it was out on loan - were not sure when it was coming back. You might want to give them a call first if you decide to go again. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your Escape. Have never seen one up close but they seem to be a well designed rv from what I can see on screen. Enjoy! Dennis
Old 03-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #4

Ontario
Registry
Hi: Dennis Schultz... I'm only 20 min. down the road from Can-Am so it's no biggie to pop in.
There will be a few of us Escapees down at Bolerama "Trailerhood" at Longbeach Conservation Area south of Wainfleet Ont. July 15th to 18th if you can make it??? Always a good time had by everybody!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #5

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Hi: Dennis Schultz... I'm only 20 min. down the road from Can-Am so it's no biggie to pop in.
There will be a few of us Escapees down at Bolerama "Trailerhood" at Longbeach Conservation Area south of Wainfleet Ont. July 15th to 18th if you can make it??? Always a good time had by everybody!!!
Hi Alf! Didn,t know that you were that close to Can-Am. That makes you only a little over an hour from us in Kitchener-pretty much neighbours eh?
Thanks for the invite to the Longbeach gathering but we will be in the middle of our ongoing renos on our 17ft Leocraft. We want to have as much done as possible for our annual pilgrimage to algonquin Park in Aug. We have been going there for 35 yrs. It,s like our second home now. Will definitely try to bring "Stubby" to an egg gathering when completed. Will watch the site for any postings of the event though. We will also be posting our before a after shots of the interior renos this summer. All the best! Dennis & Linda
Old 03-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #6

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
In answer to Alf S:

I like Carlisle tires because Les Schwab is a dealer for them on the west coast and they have shops everywhere.

The reason there is only half a jalousie window in the back is the other half is the Emergency Exit which is probably required by law. We have a full jalousie window in the front where many other brands have no window at all.

I like the fiberglass interior 'furniture' which makes for excellent bracing for the body also.

I can't speak to the awning because we have none.

BTW, I understand Escape, while it builds a fine trailer, no longer makes a 13'. Our TV limits us to a 13'.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:42 AM   #7
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Ditto what Roger said. We ordered an Escape but cancelled it because the front and rear windows didn't open and jalousie windows were not an option. For us, it would have been like camping in a greenhouse.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #8

Ontario
Registry
Hi: All...On a lot full of Airstreams, Gulfstreams, R Pods and even the new Elements ( I think) the 15' Trillium was a standout. Clean, white and compact. To be honest I wasn't impressed with the dinted can look of the Airstreams either. I realize I'm very critical of components, fit and finish...thats why I bought an Escape, and a Nissan to pull it!!! I know full well they're not for everyone but to me quality does matter.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #9

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
I looked at the same Trilliums in Quartize Arizona in January. I was not empressed.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #10

Trailer: 1980 Burro
Quote:
I realize I'm very critical of components, fit and finish...thats why I bought an Escape, and a Nissan to pull it!!!
I hope you have better luck with your Frontier than I did. More than $3000. in repairs in less than 50K miles. Things would go wrong right after warentee coverage ended. I sold it and cut my losses, 1st vehicle I have ever sold with less than 120-130K on it. That was my 3rd Nissan pickup, the first 2 earlier models were great. To bad they took cost out of their lineup to increase profit. The Nissan service manager even told me that.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #11

Ontario
Registry
Hi: Andy B... Isn't that the truth...1st. thing to run out is the warranty. I'm used to that with my Fords. The worst one for that was a Buick tho!!!
This is my 2nd attempt at Japanese autos. My 79 Civic...my one and only answer to the Oil Crisis!!! It used to produce water in the gas tank. A poor attempt at increasing the mpg's. LoL

Tags
trillium