trillium dry weight - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
looking for a trailer if stripped down to a very basic trailer sleeping 2 no washroom or extras. maybe even building very lightweight furniture. any options?

what does a 10 ft weigh? who makes one?
franklin hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
A 13 ft Trillium is called that because of the trailer frame.The actual cabin is only 10ft 1 inch.I think the dry weight is about1395 lbs.This is a bare bones unit with no options.A motor cycle trailer is the only thing i can think of.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
The cabins of most 13 ft and 14 ft trailers are 10 ft. The rest is frame and tongue. RV standards say that the entire length is what determines the length of the trailer. So, I'm not aware of a manufacturer past or present of a a 10 ftr. The newer the trailer the heavier it will be. You might find a vintage 70's Boler in the under 1000 pound category. It won't be under by much. Most 13 fters weigh between 1,100 and 1,500 pounds.

I think you are looking at a popup - motorcycle sized, or a teardrop. The Aliner is the only hard sided motorcycle popup that I know of.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #4

Quote:
The cabins of most 13 ft and 14 ft trailers are 10 ft. The rest is frame and tongue. RV standards say that the entire length is what determines the length of the trailer. So, I'm not aware of a manufacturer past or present of a a 10 ftr. The newer the trailer the heavier it will be. You might find a vintage 70's Boler in the under 1000 pound category. It won't be under by much. Most 13 fters weigh between 1,100 and 1,500 pounds.

I think you are looking at a popup - motorcycle sized, or a teardrop. The Aliner is the only hard sided motorcycle popup that I know of.

i guess i would be just as well sleeping in the car seeing it all folds down. i could have a bed in the car. too bad i should have bought a golf TDI. thanks all for your help,

my plan was to turn a 13 footer into a living space and studio just for me. i am an artist and had planned on doing alot of photography around the country. using part of the space as studio for my laptop and camera. will have to consider waiting and down the road changing my vehicle.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Your plan would probably work with a beefier and less gas efficient tow vehicle. There are a few photographers, writers, artists and film makers on this board.

FYI: If you decided to tow despite the manufacturer's warning you would probably void your vehicle warranties as well as your insurance coverage in the event of an accident.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Your plan would probably work with a beefier and less gas efficient tow vehicle. There are a few photographers, writers, artists and film makers on this board.

FYI: If you decided to tow despite the manufacturer's warning you would probably void your vehicle warranties as well as your insurance coverage in the event of an accident.

do not worry i am not that stupid, just nieve!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #7

Trailer: 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
Well, when you find it, please let me know!!!

What you are looking at, basically, is a teardrop or an old Puck, which weights about 660 pounds.
Jan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #8

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
Does anyone know the weight of a Cadet ?
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #9

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Franklin, it sounds like you could use what Dave Mac posted pictures of.
Lee Hillsgrove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium, weighing, weight