Trillium Logo & Striping - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe

Hi Everyone,
Over the years on this site there have been at least a couple Trillium Owners that replaced their logos and stripes. I bought 1 logo set for my side entry door from one of you about 5 years ago. I would like to get another one for my front window guard/awning. Also I would like to get striping for my sides of my Trillium 4500 Deluxe which needs to be that "Royal Hawaiian Blue" color. Please let me know if anyone has any sources other than referring me to "Team Trillium"
Thanks,

Dave
"The Trillium King"

P.S. I did the taping and painting of my stripes 6 years, but is beginning to peel. I need to take it to the next step and carefully remove it and simply apply the decal vinyl tape striping on to make it fresh and new again.
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Registry
I am planning to replace the stripes/logos on my 4500 this spring.
If anyone has already done the homework on this it would be great
to see how they did it.
If not I'll show mine when i I'm done.
Chris McVeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
One of our members mentioned doing a vector graphic version of the Trillium logo - however I haven't seen it posted. Maybe I will see if the graphic designer in our office isn't too busy =)
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I'm working on a few fro the doc center. if I had a good "straight-on" photo, I'd be happy to work on the art.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
I've spent many hours last spring redoing mine in a high quality designer-grade vector format, but am reluctant to distribute them without getting some sort of approval from someone since the exact same Trillium logo seems to be now owned and used by TrilliumRV / Escape... Any advice?

Edit: I just sent the question to TrilliumRV to see what they think.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #6

Quote:
I am planning to replace the stripes/logos on my 4500 this spring.
If anyone has already done the homework on this it would be great
to see how they did it.
If not I'll show mine when i I'm done.
Hi Chris,
I would be interested on what & who you find. Now, my actual "Trillium 4500" that is on the trailer is still real nice, how is that portion on yours? May we can save money if the company that does make 2 sets. Please keep me posted.

Dave
"The Trillium King"
Old 11-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #7

Quote:
One of our members mentioned doing a vector graphic version of the Trillium logo - however I haven't seen it posted. Maybe I will see if the graphic designer in our office isn't too busy =)
Hi Booker,
Thanks for the feedback. It has been a while since the two of us talked! How was your 1st season with your Trillium? Yes I would be intersted in what you find out from your office. Please keep me updated.

Dave
"The Trillium King"
Old 11-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #8

Quote:
I've spent many hours last spring redoing mine in a high quality designer-grade vector format, but am reluctant to distribute them without getting some sort of approval from someone since the exact same Trillium logo seems to be now owned and used by TrilliumRV / Escape... Any advice?

Edit: I just sent the question to TrilliumRV to see what they think.
Hi Daniel,
This is new to me. I would think it is'nt a big deal to use the same logo, but good that you are double checking for good measure. What color did you do yours? Can you get different colors?
Let me know!
Thanks,
Dave
"The Trillium King"
Old 11-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Hi Chris,
I would be interested on what & who you find. Now, my actual "Trillium 4500" that is on the trailer is still real nice, how is that portion on yours? May we can save money if the company that does make 2 sets. Please keep me posted.

Dave
"The Trillium King"

Hi Dave
The 'Trillium 4500' above the stripe came out pretty good on mine after a light buffing but the stripes themselves are pretty cracked and faded. Got a good match on the color written down somewhere. The local sign guy said he would order the stripes in any width I want.
The trillium logo on the front window stone guard was faded to almost nothing and glass fibers were poking out. I took the stone guard off, unscrewed what I could, and flipped the panels around. After buffing the aluminum it looks factory fresh. I am looking at replacing this logo in the spring. I'm guessing the hard part (cost) is in programming the design into the computer.
I haven't measured yet but I think the door logo is the same size and I saw a mirror finish vinyl sheet at the shop!

Chris
Old 11-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #10

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Registry
Dave suggested making two sets... how about three?

Hello Trillium people! I am the proud owner of a 5500 with the Hawaiian Blue Stripes and very faded logo on the front window fiberglass panel. I have the bold TRILLIUM name above the stripe on the rear sides as well. The tape and words are cracking but have only started chipping off in a couple of places. I don't have the raised logo on the door like many other have.

Wonder if it would work to lay new tape lines or cut out sticky letters to put right over the top of the old tape? If I had a template I'd love to paint the guard logo bright again. Please post if anyone can help me figure out how to do it! Helen
Attached Thumbnails
Tiny_Rear_Logo_View.jpg  
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #11

Quote:
This is new to me. I would think it is'nt a big deal to use the same logo, but good that you are double checking for good measure.
Bad news first. Response goes along these lines: it's all trademark material so we officially can't just create any loose mockup of the logo work and stick it onto our trailers. Good news is that 'due to owner requests, TRV has decided to make certain decals available'. They will be on the Parts page in January. So stay tuned...
Old 11-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #12

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I could understand that a person couldn't make them up and sell them; OTOH, I don't know how there could be anything illegal about maintaining one's own trailer striping and logos?
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:55 PM   #13

Quote:
I could understand that a person couldn't make them up and sell them; OTOH, I don't know how there could be anything illegal about maintaining one's own trailer striping and logos?
Good question. I'm not an expert, but I'd say it's a branding issue with registered trademarks, and they probably just don't want people making approximate copies of the logos and making them red or blue or yellow, using the wrong font, etc. which is hard to control and diminishes the value of the logo. And unlike other companies that are long gone, Trillium still exists and seems to care, so... I think the fact that they are willing to consider making "proper" ones available is a good thing.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #14

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Registry
I'll be watching Trillium's site...Helen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #15

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I would think that as long as you're not selling them, you should be fine. or course the logos I've done are for defunked manufacturers.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #16

Hi,
I had a lot of replies, but there is not a solution it seems. I need a real source to still at least replace my "Hawaiian Blue" stripes on my 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe. Anyone who has replied, are there any updates?

Thanks!
Dave
"The Triilium King"
Old 11-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #17

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I think you could get new stripes, etc. from the type of vinyl/sign place that typically does things like names and graphics for boats.

Stripes are fairly simple strips; for a name you can usually give them a digital file of an image or font you've come up with (I've done that for a boat name).

They have hundreds (thousands?) of colors of the vinyl and you can either get samples or perhaps send in yours to duplicate the color.

It's nice to be able to stop in at the shop, but I think they often work remotely as well (i.e. they send the product and you apply it). Application isn't too difficult, as long as you start with a well-prepped surface and take your time getting things aligned.

Raya

PS: If you Google "boat vinyl graphics" you'll come up with quite a number of them. If you are going remotely, know that places where there are lots of boats will do these all the time, and often they're much more complicated (which is good since they should be able to do the Trill graphics). I've had them done in San Diego, for example.
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #18

Trailer: 1976 Tripple E Surfside
What I did for all the stripes and names,
was simply tracing them on a carbon(see thru )paper,
then took it all to a print shop,
and they re-created the EXACT same shapes, ect ect ect.

Even thou I completely customized my surfside,
I still wanted the original stripes, logos, ect to be the same.
The only thing I added in the logo, was a nic name.THE HOBO.

A print shop can make either a sticker, or a stencil,=(if you wish to air brush the logos).
Old 12-31-2008, 03:39 PM   #19

Registry
Hi Guys

The TRV folks have added replacement decals -Stripes & Logos - to their parts list for Trilliums.
Only in 1300 Orange... but 4500 Blue can't be far away.

Chris
Old 01-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #20

Trailer: Trillium and Compact Jr
Quote:
Hi Guys

The TRV folks have added replacement decals -Stripes & Logos - to their parts list for Trilliums.
Only in 1300 Orange... but 4500 Blue can't be far away.

Chris
New member looking for 1300 Orange decals. Hate to be stupid but who is/are the TRV folks and contact info, Please.

Terry Jones
Terry Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium