Trillium owners, need encouragement !!!!!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Is this the Bigfoot you were referring to Shelly?

If so, there are a lot of hidden costs in acquiring that one. First of all it is in the USA and a newer model. That means even though it was made in Canada, you still have to go through the RIV importation process because it is "newer" trailer. Then you have to factor in the cost of getting it from the West Coast to Ontario.

If you really like it you could become part of the multiple owners club ;-) and not have any remorse. Rather than deciding what you will wear today, you could be saying what trailer will I use this time? Given that they are the same size, it would be more of a personal preference.

Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:41 AM   #16
Name: Dave
Trailer: Trillium
Newfoundland & Labrador
Many years ago we started out with a 2-man, $29.95 pup tent from Cdn. Tire. We have camped from Inuvik to the Gulf of Mexico and from Vancouver Island to Newfoundland. We've had soft tops, manual fold-out hard tops, crank ups, a homemade canvas top with a built in double bed (built by my father in 1955), a Unik, 3 Westfalias and half a dozen Trilliums. My daughter has our last one and I have purchased, sight unseen, a 1978 1300. I will pick it up in Ontario (Can.) later this month. It is all I need now. We just kept going back to the Trilliums. Like Westy owners we are a special breed. I can't explain it. It just is.
Don't make any hasty decisions. At least give it one season. Try to get to a rally and then make up your mind. You will get your money back if you don't like the experience.
Welcome aboard and keep us posted. Thanks. D

Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15
Hi, have owned several Trilliums ( 2 from the 70s), have a new one now , ( base price $15000.) and many things were so carelessly put together that we have spent over $1000. making it right . The co . putting them together in Calgary -we could never recommend .
The Big Foot Trailer is heavy - cost of towing is higher plus the wear on the vehicle . The old ( or retro ) Trilliums were very well put together , if you've find one in decent shape you are lucky - be happy !
bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #18
Name: Harvey
Trailer: 1972 Trillium
Nova Scotia
Shelly, The Trillium is a great trailer. What you paid "may" be a little high, and may not be. It is what it is, get out there and enjoy it, buyers remorse will be long gone by the end of the summer.

Harvey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #19
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
You can make it your very own.
We saw this one. We have a similar sized Boler and love it ore each year.
Attached Thumbnails

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote