Old 03-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #1

Name: Shelley
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Ontario
Trillium owners, need encouragement !!!!!!

Don't know if I'm having buyers remorse or what. Just purchased a 1975 Trillium 1300 and have started to have second thoughts. While browsing the forum, saw a Bigfoot, 20 years newer for the same price as mine.
Bought the Trillium on the advise of a friend who has owned them thru out the years.
I have not even camped in mine yet and I'm feeling unsettled. (price was$5k)
Need to know from owners why retro is best. Thanks. Shelley

Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #2

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Shelley, it's not unusual to have buyers remose, whether buying a trailer, vehicle or home. Anytime you put out a bunch of cash, one has to wonder if a better deal can be had. So, no matter what kind of deal you may stumble across, you have to decide if the trailer you've just bought will be all it (and you) can be. If I waited long enough, I know I would have had something different.... and also lost a bunch of time to make memories. The one thing you can never get back or make more of... is time. I love my 24 year old trailer (talk about retro!) and it's perfect for me at this time. I don't compare it to anything else, because I don't feel the need.... Do you know how many people that are looking to buy and would gladly trade places with you?

Now, lets see some pictures of you and your trailer and a big ole grin on your face.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #3

Name: Don
Trailer: 17.5 Bigfoot
Ontario
What Tow Vehicle do you have? Bigfoot probably weighs more than the Trillium, so you could be better off with a lighter unit. And by the way...you sound like me!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #4

Name: Reid
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Oregon
Registry
Shelley,
We have a '78 1300 that leaked like a sieve, had lotsa extra holes inside from po's and the elephant skin was coming loose in places in the corners. We have half again what you paid for yours invested now that it is restored and repainted and the dollars mean nothing. It's ours and there is not another like it. I've seen other trailers that would have been a "better "deal but we are happy as can be with what we have. Use your new trailer, make some memories, make it unique to you and looking back you should have no regrets.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1977 13' Trillium
Louisiana
Registry
I have a '77 13' tril. I like the vintagenous (new word) of it.
You can always find a "better" deal if you look long enough. But if you're looking, you're on the sidelines. I'd rather be IN my trailer than looking for my trailer.
Put the buyers remorse away and go love on your Trillium today!

As Donna said, time is passing. And time is non-refundable
Old 03-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Your Trill is guaranteed to be lighter, less cross sectional area, and easier to tow. If the 13' meets your requirement for space, then I think you made the correct choice.
I was going to purchase a 19' Bigfoot the week that I found my Trillium 4500. I plan to travel long distances, so a Trillium that fits into the draft of my van makes lots of sense. Some of the kids were a bit disappointed though.

With a fibre glass interior, as opposed to wood, you are also likely looking at less maintenance as well.

I love my Trill so much that I am now looking for one that I can add a front bath / shower to. Sometimes my wife and I want to get away from the herd.

Trillium Rock!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #7

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
no sweat,,,, you not only have a cool camper,,,you have a cool "vintage" camper. how can you go wrong?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #8

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
hi shelley----buyer's remorse---i've had it, too. we decided to purchase the unit we now have because it was available at the right time and we were in the right place. sure, we could have waited...and possibly waited some more....and waited again and again....but we may never have found a unit. instead, we decided to buy new, with a lot more $$ outlay, but in the end, we have had marvellous memories made and there is no remorse about those!!! and i agree with the others above----your purchase sounds like a sound one.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #9

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Hi Shelley and welcome. First, if you decide to sell your Trillium I don't think you will have any trouble selling it, especially this time of year. Should you sell really depends on what type of camping you wish to do. For traveling and seeing the country it's hard to beat a 13' camper, especially a Trillium. Easy on gas, easy to tow. Gets into small sites. The list goes on. However there are a lot of folks who prefer to stay at the lake for a week or two and really want something like a camp on wheels. That's where the Bigfoot would shine. It's not that you can't go to the lake for a week in a Trillium, we do. But the extra space and amenities a larger camper can provide is more desirable to many. While thinking about what you want in a camper you should spend a night it the Trillium (at home is fine) and try it out for size. What ever you decide it is all good. Take care, Raz
Old 03-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #10

Name: rick
Trailer: 1999 casita spirit deluxe 17 foot
Ontario
Hi Shelly i know what you mean ive thought the same thing. I
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #11

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Registry
Shelley, don't know where you are in Ontario but we hope to see you at Bolerama in July! (I keep hoping they'll rename it Trilliumania, but no luck so far...) There, you can see a lot of happy Trillium owners in one place, and see what truly exceptional people Trillium owners are
Old 03-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1977 13' Trillium
Louisiana
Registry
you guys in the "great white north" are lucky. I've only ever seen one Trillium -mine.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #13

Ontario
Thanks for the encouragement, your trailer looks great in the picture. S.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #14

Ontario
Thanks for the response....something happened and the whole thing did not print. S.

Tags
trillium