Trillium Weight - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2003, 08:24 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Trillium Weight

I was mildy supprised when i took my trailer down to the stone yard to get a weigh in 1450 dry 190 of that on the hitch. ouch but at least iam still under gross combined weight of trailer and Rav by 1300 pounds.
Which leaves me to pounder where to put the 50 lbs that i have room forand what should that 50 be comprised of. triler was weighed
With a 6 pack of soda , 6 pack of beer , pillows , blankets roll of paper towels , 30 inch box fan , radio , a poto potty empty, a bottle of 409. a full tank of propane and a small tool kit.
come to think of it add some cookies a tea kettle and a mug and some water not much else i need lol

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:07 AM   #2

So this means the trailer can only haul 1500 lbs counting it's self? What am I missing here? that sounds low I thought it was more 2000 lbs at the least.

Old 05-07-2003, 09:11 AM   #3

1500 lbs is Rav4 max

Toyota Recommended limit for towing is 1500 lbs and 150 pounds tongue weight. I know i could go a little over! but Iam really trying not to. I might just put bulky items in like folding chairs and screen room and sleeping bags in.
The only reason i posted the weight is for someone new who might be wondering the real weight of some of these FTT.:r

Old 05-07-2003, 09:19 AM   #4

I thought vehicle weight limit was what you meant at first but then you said 'still under gross combined weight of trailer and Rav by 1300 pounds.'
so the 1500 is hitch defined.

Old 05-07-2003, 09:35 AM   #5

50 for trill 1300 for rav4

oh i can put a lot in rav4 still . it will just like tent camping except no tent air mattress air mattress compressor and one less ice chest.
But i pick up on cat , litter , Scratching post and food so its a draw
almost normally iam pulling a canoe trailer so trailer weight is up
by a 1000 lbs and car weight will be about the same.

Old 05-07-2003, 10:08 PM   #6

Weights

Howdy, When I tell people that my 13 FT Boler in travel trim scales at 1464 Lbs. most of them think that I`m blowing hot air. What size is that Trillium? Benny

Old 05-08-2003, 06:12 AM   #7

Fat Trillium

Hey Benny 1300 is a 13 footer.:r

Old 05-08-2003, 07:24 AM   #8

Al
I can understand why Benny would question the size of the Trill. 1450 dry is more like the weight of a 4500. I was going to ask the same question but the picture is obviously a 13. I think I would get it weighed someplace else just to be sure.
Nancy

Old 05-08-2003, 04:46 PM   #9

I know it is impolite to ask !!

Nancy What does your 75 1300 weigh in at ? The stone yards scales are pretty good so iam pretty sure it is a good weigh in

Old 05-08-2003, 05:36 PM   #10

Hi AL
Unfortunately we never thought to weigh it when we got it. The ownership lists it a 500kg which is 1102 lbs. Somewhere I read that 75's were 935. Ours came with a spare tire, 3-way fridge and furnace so the 167 lb difference would be about right. We did check the tongue weight when we got it. Empty was 110.

Curiosity is getting to me. I guess sometime we'ell have to empty it out and take it to the scales.

When you took it to the scales did you have a battery and propane tank on the tongue. Our battery alone weighs 60 lbs.
Nancy

Old 05-08-2003, 07:39 PM   #11

just the basics

propane tank amost full , brake way battery 5 pounds at most , and front jack is all that is out front . deep cycle batterys will still ride inside Rav I have found that they last longer when not subjected to vibration of a trailer. Wheres our batterry expert when you need him lol
i have furance spare and 3 way fridge also. water tank was empty

Old 05-08-2003, 08:24 PM   #12

weights

Hi again Nancy, When I got my Boler I was also thinking the advertised weight of about 900 lbs. but after I prepared it for travel with a tongue battery and groceries, clothes, dishes etc and took it to a hwys. scale near me, I was very much surprised how much it actually weighed..... Let me know how much your Trillium scales at when you get it done....Happy trailering...Benny

Old 05-09-2003, 01:20 AM   #13

Heavyweight weighing in

Empty my Alumabox tips the scales at a hefty 3900 and some change. After I pulled her out of the campground a few years back on the way home I thought, jeesh she's towing hard. Thinking it was bad bearings, or soft tires or whatever from sitting idle for three years, it didn't dawn on me until I got her home and started unpacking. Since I tow with a F-150 I never gave weight much thought (I'm rated for 5000lbs). After all of the stuff I took out of the trailer I figured I had to be exceeding that by quite a bit. My next trip out, I loaded with the "bare essentials". I swung by the landfill and hopped on the scales. 4950 pounds.

That's when I decided I needed to put the Alumabox (and me) on a diet. I didn't need a 8 people dinner set, all of my DVD's and CD's, the whole 20 lb bag of dog food, a 19in TV, a stereo, DVD, VCR, blah, blah, blah. When I finally get the Egg I reasoned I really needed to cut back. I have managed to get my "extra weight" down to 450 pounds, including a 4 day supply of food, mainly by dumping what I really don't need as what I used to think of as essential. Instead of regular plates, bowls, glasses I go with plastic (not disposable, Dollar Store reusable) for two (if I have company, too bad, it paper plates, utensils and Solo cups), a smaller portable grill, fewer pots and pans, a 9inch TV/DVD combo, a small boom box, no canned food at all, 4 days worth of clothes instead of a weeks worth plus "extras". Bottled water for just road time, not the whole trip (no topped off fresh water tanks). I figure by the time I get my Egg, I will come in under the limits of where I want to be, which is 2000 lbs for the Egg and the stuff in it.

It's amazing looking back at what I considered essential. I have even carried this over to my house. I've been dumping alot of "stuff" and am amazed at how uncluttered everything is beginning to feel.

Old 05-09-2003, 07:49 AM   #14

Quote:
8 people dinner set, all of my DVD's and CD's, the whole 20 lb bag of dog food, a 19in TV, a stereo, DVD, VCR, blah, blah, blah.
Gooooly, Eric. Did you have anything left at home? Very good point made. Thanks, I'll try to remember, but it may take me a few trips to figure out what of that I really [b]don't need.

Old 05-09-2003, 09:47 AM   #15

Most of my extra essential stuff was for just in case... Just in case I get company for dinner, I need to have the entire Iron Chef Kitchen available. Just in case I get board I need to have the Rolling Blockbuster Video DVD selection available. Just in case, well you get the idea. Sad part is, 95% of the time it's just Kyra (for picture, scan left) and me. The other 5% I have a friend who tags along. I have found that doing without (which sounds extreme, but it's not) forces me to actually get out and do/see more of where I am, instead of just sticking to my pre-arrival to do/see list. In other words, if it's raining out and I really don't feel like watching Titanic for the 167th time, I get wet, and go to some nearby attraction or museum that I didn't even consider going to before I left. UNLESS it's thundering out, then I need to stay home and protectKyra from the boom booms :r (Pits are vicious... yeah right)

I always remind myself that no matter where I go if I absolutley need something, I can always buy it on the road. Granted it might be a bit more expensive, but that might help you realize that you don't really need it either... like the time I paid $4.99 for a pound of butter.. :censor

Old 05-09-2003, 05:11 PM   #16

4.99 a pound of butter

how about 5 bucks fo r2 d cell batterys. Well as much as i hate to admit it iam a just in case er too. who else carryes a spare tranny well used to anyway or a trailer dolly still do that . I agree whole heartly about a few dvd to pass a stormy night . a stormy day local attactions are fun museums restored grand camps etc.
Oh i feel so good and bad today ! good i bought a fullsize pickup
bad because i really did love driveing the Rav4 around town .
At least now i have peace of mind and can tow a small house. gas bill is going to be horrible . oh the trade offs eggs make us do !!!
Boys and thier toys :r
Ps i really think the extended cab short bed chevy is great so far
nice ride driveing with a v8 and automatic is such a wierd feeling .
foot keeps looking for the clutch and hand the shifter. I ramble
but 30 years of standards its kinda nice . time will tell
one calf bigger then the other !!

Old 05-09-2003, 05:32 PM   #17

Weights

Hi Benny
I think your Bolers weight of 1464 loaded is just about right. We carry 300-400 lbs of stuff in ours, depending on the trip. It's amazing how much things add up. We have the weights for everything we take. No we're not paranoid but years ago after a disasterous drive home at a maximum speed of 30 mph with the old tent trailer, we came home a weighed everything. All the storage in that thing was on one side so it was very easy to get it loaded wrong and then have it fish-tail. We've never had that problem since.

I'm betting our Trillium loaded would end up weighing about the same as your Boler. Hmmmm maybe we'ell just weigh it loaded and save some work!
Nancy

Tags
trillium, weighing, weight