Trillium's enroute... - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #1

Name: PaulOWindsor
Trailer: 2011 Trillium 1500 & 2002 Airstream 34
Ontario
Trillium's enroute...

Fellow Eggers : Our new Trillium 1500 is on the flatbed & on it's way from California at the moment, along with two others that will be displayed at the Toronto RV show.

Tom was kind enough to send me two pictures from the road & as I know how much we all enjoy pictures, I thought I'd post them here for everyone to see...

Cheers, P.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #2

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Glad the trailer is on it's way to you... unfortunately we can't see pictures on your hard drive.... or maybe that's a good thing... See if this helps you to post pictures: Picture posting help by Donna D.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Washington
Registry
Enjoy New Trillium!

Hi Paul,
How exciting! Enjoy your new Trillium!
The pictures did not show up; try again?

Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOWindsor View Post
Fellow Eggers : Our new Trillium 1500 is on the flatbed & on it's way from California at the moment, along with two others that will be displayed at the Toronto RV show.

Tom was kind enough to send me two pictures from the road & as I know how much we all enjoy pictures, I thought I'd post them here for everyone to see...

Cheers, P.

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Ouellette\My Documents\My Pictures

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Ouellette\My Documents\My Pictures
Old 02-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #4

Ontario
Thanks Donna !!!

The new addition to our family is the T'1500 with the blue stripe !!

TrilliumLoad-AZ.jpg

TrilliumLoadRtSide.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
TrilliumLoad-AZ.jpg   TrilliumLoadRtSide.jpg  

Old 02-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Minnesota
Trillium

Quote:
Thanks Donna !!!

The new addition to our family is the T'1500 with the blue stripe !!

TrilliumLoad-AZ.jpg

TrilliumLoadRtSide.jpg
Congrats Paul, Very happy for you. My wife and I plan on picking up our 1500 Trillium around easter from California. Why blue stripe and not green, Is it beacuse it is a bathroom model?
Old 02-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #6

Ontario
Hi John : Actually, our T'1500 is the front dinette model...and...

Blue is the color of the sky (when it's nice..) and the ocean when you're not in the shallows...and so it's reflective of our other hobby...

www.winpipe.ca

Mary would have been OK with the standard green...but I wanted Blue stripes because I thought it would look good against the white.

Oh...& I told Tom that he shouldn't be surprised if some other folks start to request blue...as it does look so nice & now that (thanks Donna..) I know how to post pictures...lotsa people will be seeing it !!

Cheers, P.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #7

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
I met up with Tom at the Ontario Bolerama (Yeah, mostly Bolers) last summer in Earlton, ON Great guy, I'm sure you'll be happy with your new Trillium

Larry
Old 02-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #8

Ontario
Hey Larry, thanks for bringing that one up...

Is Bolerama really worth attending ??

What sort of things do they do during the weekend ??

Is it just everyone looking at everyone elses trailers & singing songs around the campfires or what ??

Now that we're going to be having a Trillium in the family, I was a bit curious about it...will you be attending this year...or not bothering ??

Just curious.

P.

P/S As I see you're from Fergus...have you ever been to the Highland games ??
Old 02-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #9

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
Yes, We'll be going. We've gone every year, for the last 8 years. Always a lot of fun, although that's a subjective observation. More of a meet & greet setup. You're right, mostly looking at everyones trailers, & singing songs around the campfire. And a potluck or BBQ on one of the nights. Pretty relaxed. And there's quite a few other Trilliums there too, at least 40 (probably a lot more than that even) of them 2 years ago. There were about 135 fibreglass campers all together that time. Last summer, the organizers limited the amount of entries to about 50, as we were in a smaller area further north. There was also had a 2 night stay in the North Bay Walmart parking lot. (Lots of attention!) 50 is as much as they could handle. Bolerama - also called Trailerhood this year - will be in Wainfleet, near Niagara Falls this year.
And yes, We've been to the Highland games a number of times, always a lot of fun! We've got a pretty big Truck show every July too...
Old 02-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #10

Minnesota
Trillium

Quote:
Hi John : Actually, our T'1500 is the front dinette model...and...

Blue is the color of the sky (when it's nice..) and the ocean when you're not in the shallows...and so it's reflective of our other hobby...

www.winpipe.ca

Mary would have been OK with the standard green...but I wanted Blue stripes because I thought it would look good against the white.

Oh...& I told Tom that he shouldn't be surprised if some other folks start to request blue...as it does look so nice & now that (thanks Donna..) I know how to post pictures...lotsa people will be seeing it !!

Cheers, P.

Wow!!! That is a beautiful yacht Paul. I am assuming the hull as well as other portions are made of fiberglass. Did that influence your decision on purchasing a fiberglass camper? Just curious, John
Old 02-21-2011, 05:11 AM   #11
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
It's not often that you get to relive that Christmas eve feeling you had as a child. Enjoy it.

Since two trailers are headed for the show, I'm guessing yours is the one on the back, i.e. first off. By all means have some friends there to help unload. Just the three of us with ours. It came off fast. You don't need the thrill!

I'm with you on the blue. Here's an original, posted here a while back. All the best, Raz
Attached Thumbnails
trillium 4500.jpg  
Old 02-21-2011, 07:19 AM   #12

Ontario
Hi John : Thanks for the kind words...

Actually, we've been putting a great amount of planning into what we'll be doing in our retirement years for some time now & the Sailboat/Airstream/Trillium are all necessary for what we are wanting to do once we begin living our "after-work" lives.

You see, since life can be divided into three segments...1) Learning 2)Working 3) Enjoying...far too many people don't pay enough attention to #3 !!!

Once retired, we will be taking the boat south from the Great Lakes to Florida, the Keys & over to the Bahamas every winter.

It will be like this... YouTube - Intracoastal Waterway

Once we're tired of doing the long east coast trek & salt water sailing, the plan is to keep the boat in the Great Lakes for summer sailing & then each fall, hitch up our 34ft Airstream & head south to escape winters.

It's because of the need for a large trailer to live in over the winters that we have the Airstream...and it's because of the need to do shorter weekend trips without hauling around a cottage on three axles, that has led us to getting the Trillium.

I've actually been a fan of fiberglass trailers for many years & we had a 17ft Bigfoot trailer about 18 years ago, prior to the trades that eventually led us to our 34ft Airstream.

For compact trailers (IMHO) there is nothing better than fiberglass, because they hold up so well as the decades roll on by & so the decision to own the Trillium was an easy choice.

As it's said, "if you fail to plan...then you"re planning to fail"...& that looming threat has led me to do all I can to avoid being an old guy in a rocking chair who says..."I should have".

Cheers, P.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #13

Minnesota
Trillium

Quote:
Hi John : Thanks for the kind words...

Actually, we've been putting a great amount of planning into what we'll be doing in our retirement years for some time now & the Sailboat/Airstream/Trillium are all necessary for what we are wanting to do once we begin living our "after-work" lives.

You see, since life can be divided into three segments...1) Learning 2)Working 3) Enjoying...far too many people don't pay enough attention to #3 !!!

Once retired, we will be taking the boat south from the Great Lakes to Florida, the Keys & over to the Bahamas every winter.

It will be like this... YouTube - Intracoastal Waterway

Once we're tired of doing the long east coast trek & salt water sailing, the plan is to keep the boat in the Great Lakes for summer sailing & then each fall, hitch up our 34ft Airstream & head south to escape winters.

It's because of the need for a large trailer to live in over the winters that we have the Airstream...and it's because of the need to do shorter weekend trips without hauling around a cottage on three axles, that has led us to getting the Trillium.

I've actually been a fan of fiberglass trailers for many years & we had a 17ft Bigfoot trailer about 18 years ago, prior to the trades that eventually led us to our 34ft Airstream.

For compact trailers (IMHO) there is nothing better than fiberglass, because they hold up so well as the decades roll on by & so the decision to own the Trillium was an easy choice.

As it's said, "if you fail to plan...then you"re planning to fail"...& that looming threat has led me to do all I can to avoid being an old guy in a rocking chair who says..."I should have".

Cheers, P.

Paul

Not many people are willing, capable, or savvy enuff to accomplish such a plan. I must say you have it very well thought out. Your words of wisdom rings true. If you take new photos of your new Trillium, I would love to see them. Happy sailing (retirement and camping too)!!!
John
Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #14

Ontario
John : Thank you for the kind words.

To be honest, I have to acknowledge that without my wife & her great enthusiasem for our future plans...none of what we are hoping to do would be remotely possible.

As someone much wiser than I once said...

"If one advances in the direction of his dreams & endevours to live the life that he has imagined...he will meet with success unexpected in common hours."

As far as inspiration...we've been fortunite to get to know several couples who have planned & accomplished their own getaways over the years & we owe them a great deal for pointing the way for us.

One thing is certain...it's sure easy to hate winter...when you consider the alternatives...

YouTube - LongLongHoneymoon.com #89.5 - Snowbirds

Cheers, P.

P/S Pictures of our new Trillium will be posted shortly !!

Tags
trillium