trilliums..the newer ones - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #1

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi--i am a new member looking for info from owners of the newer model of trilliums. i have, presently, an old bellevue tent trailer but am looking to move up to a fiberglass molded type trailer....but not many people in this area have even heard of them!!! thanks
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:30 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Which one?

The Outback (Canada) or the Trillium 1300 (US made)
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:34 PM   #3

Registry
hi gina--well, actually, either one, as i can get access to each one thru the manufacturer...no one here sells them, so i will have to have it shipped.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Hi Theresa, if you are looking at a new trailer, I would suggest you also give some consideration to the Escape Trailer made in BC.

It is almost a sister to the Trillium. Yes it is slightly larger than the Trillium and requires a little more tow vehicle, but when you are looking at purchasing a new trailer, the difference in price for the size of trailer should be considered.

I have owned an older Trillium, and seen the newer ones first hand, and both are very good units. I have also seen the Escape and the quality on it is also very good.

Have fun finding what you want
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #5

Registry
thanks for your input charlie...i just checked out the link you added---and although they look great, we are limited in the tongue weight...our vehicle can only support a class 1 hitch--so we unfortunately will not be able to consider this good-looking unit.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 2004 Trillium Outback
There is a fellow in Nova Scotia who has a few new Outbacks (Trillium) for sale. I just bought one and am picking it up on Sunday. I have owned a '72 Trillium for a few years and I really enjoy it. They started manufacturing the new outbacks in Galary in 2003. The fiberglass mold is identical to the original Trilliums. Of course, the interior and componemts have been upgraded considerably. These small campers are not for everyone. I would recommend buying a used one and trying it out before investing in a new Outback. The Outbacks start at $12000 and extras such as an awning, flush toilet, etc, will bring the cost up closer to $14000 (plus tax). Having one shipped from Calgary to New Brunswick is another bunch of money. These campers are pretty well factory direct purchases. The fellow in Nova Scotia bought 5 of them in 2004. I think his idea was to establish a dealership but it never got off the ground. Now he just wants to sell off what he has. If you're interested, let me know and I'll give you his phone number.
garfield ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Man, ....times like this I wish I could find/post pix I have of a fellow Vancouverite that hauls an Escape with his four cylinder Pinto powered (automatic trans) 1929 Model A Shay replica!!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #8

Registry
Hi Doug

The escapes I have seen all start with tongue weight of about 220 or higher as our hitch only is rated for 200 lbs I am trying to get below that not higher......we are down to Aliner/CabinA's or the Trillium....I think

Quote:
Man, ....times like this I wish I could find/post pix I have of a fellow Vancouverite that hauls an Escape with his four cylinder Pinto powered (automatic trans) 1929 Model A Shay replica!!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #9

Registry
Hey Garfield or I guess it is "Doug"

This Theresa's husband we are going to look at the one he has left tomorrow morning. He is asking 13000 just curious what you might have paid for the one you bought.....I believe it was brand new where this one might be a little used.

Quote:
There is a fellow in Nova Scotia who has a few new Outbacks (Trillium) for sale. I just bought one and am picking it up on Sunday. I have owned a '72 Trillium for a few years and I really enjoy it. They started manufacturing the new outbacks in Galary in 2003. The fiberglass mold is identical to the original Trilliums. Of course, the interior and componemts have been upgraded considerably. These small campers are not for everyone. I would recommend buying a used one and trying it out before investing in a new Outback. The Outbacks start at $12000 and extras such as an awning, flush toilet, etc, will bring the cost up closer to $14000 (plus tax). Having one shipped from Calgary to New Brunswick is another bunch of money. These campers are pretty well factory direct purchases. The fellow in Nova Scotia bought 5 of them in 2004. I think his idea was to establish a dealership but it never got off the ground. Now he just wants to sell off what he has. If you're interested, let me know and I'll give you his phone number.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #10

Trailer: 2004 Trillium Outback
Hello Theresa (and Theresa's husband). I posted a reply to your Aliner/Trillium question before reading this post and forgot to welcome you to the forum So welcome.
Robert B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:21 PM   #11

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Ther's a "new" Outback in the Ontario RV Trader at a dealer's lot in Sarnia. Asking $8000!
Sounds like a steal! Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote