Turn of Events - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #15
Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2007 Toyota Tundra/2015 Tundra
I remember when I first had to start taking prilosec before it was OTC. I got this letter that the insurance company didn't want to pay for it because it wasn't necessary. Well, if I wanted to ever swalllow again. I am one of the fortunate now that can get by with generic.

Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #16
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Did Lil Snoozy give you any problem with backing out your agreement to purchase?

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
No Jim, none whatsoever. They were very understanding and felt bad for our circumstances.
Melissa in Florida
2016 Honda Odyssey
melissab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #18
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
I'm glad you have your priorities right. Definitely try to get it classified as medically necessary, though. It's all about getting a procedure to fit into a pigeonhole of classification so that the insurance company's contract obligates them to cover it.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #19
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Just tossing out another idea out there. In my state, folks use carecredit.com to finance a big ole medical bills if you get stuck with it the cost. I have not looked on their site for florida providers. Take care.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #20
Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Sorry to hear about your situation. I have learned not to take the first thing an insurance company says very seriously. A customer of mine who works in a hospital says that nearly everything they submit to an insurance company is denied the first time. They submit the same thing again and it is approved. They are just hoping that something will be forgotten or lost before they can submit again.

A few years ago, I was involved in an accident that wasn't my fault. It was a hit and run, and the cops were able to track her down. The insurance company said my car was totaled and offered $2,800. I argued and showed them pictures and receipts that showed the beautiful condition of my car, even though it had a lot of miles on it. They came back with $4,400. I still argued, and went to my doctor about shoulder and neck pain. The doc said I didn't have to pay for the visit, because he could submit it to my car insurance company. A week later, my insurance company offered my car back and approx. $11,000.

Funny thing is that I oh asked for $8,000, which was the repair estimate.
SOLD! - 1984 Scamp 13 in Maryland.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #21
Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
All GREAT info! Having never been in any position before to need to argue with an insurance co. this is new territory. We've always just paid our co-pays for our checkups or the kid's occasional virus or sickness, got our antibiotics and went on our merry way. We've never had a hospital visit other than their births. All dental, doctor and eye doctor appointments have been normal routine stuff till now. We've never been in a serious car accident either, only a couple of minor fender benders in parking lots where they backed into me. I've never heard of carecredit or even knew such a thing existed.

Thanks e'body for all this great info! It's amazing what we learn on this forum other than Fiberglass Trailer stuff. We all care for and look out for each other it's reallly nice. Too bad the rest of the world isnt as helpful and considerate.
Melissa in Florida
2016 Honda Odyssey
melissab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #22
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970/Escape 15A
I came in on this late but my first thought was appeal the insurance decision, so I'm glad you already got that advice. Bummer on the Snoozy but maybe later they can iron out the kinks and you can still get one.

Bobbie Mayer is online now   Reply With Quote