TV location in new Escape 19? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I was wondering where people were going to locate a TV in the new Excape 19. I have been looking at the 5.0, but like that I now have a choice in trailers. In the 5.0, it seems that people are putting it on the edge of the fridge, but I don't see this as an option on the 19. I know that you really don't need a TV, but we plan on going on multi month vacations and might want one. I may just figure out how to use my laptop for it and then use it at the table. My wife and I are looking at trailers as we are getting older. We first started in backpacking tents with minimal sleeping pads, went to thicker pads 5 years later, went to a stand up tent and cots 2 years ago. Last year at the end of the season we hit a mid 30 degree night and decided it was time to look at trailers. We have traveled in many countries, but we are lookng foreward to spending more time as we get older exploring this one. We aslo feel much more relaxed when camping (no airflight problems), and sitting in front of a fire is one of the best relaxing tools I know. I figure not having to worry about rain (we are from Oregon) will make the camping even more relaxing.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Danny, you could put it on the gable on the left side of the fridge with no problem. I have going to have mine put on the bedside of the gable at the end of the sink/cooktop counter. I am putting it there because we would prefer our heads on the streetside, plus it would be better for viewing from the streetside dinette seat. I am also going to get a cable connection at the dinette so I can use my laptop there. We don't plan on having a TV for a few years yet, when we start doing some long extended trips.

It has been discussed a bit on the Escape Forum site. You might ask there for other ideas too.

I have spend hundreds of days sleeping in tents, snow shelters, and cabins in the back country, and still do in both summer and winter. I don't plan on stopping doing that either once I get my Escape 19. Our canoe and backpacks will come with us often.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Hi Danny

We pick up our new Escape 19 footer on April 8th. Can't wait. Check out the Escape forum for new pictures of all their trailers, taken at the Humdinger RV show. We have had the sink extension put on the stove side so it can be used as a night table or tv stand. Portable tv can be put on the stove cover for viewing from the dinette. Cable outlet and plug will be on the wall by the stove. Didn't want the tv mounted as don't need it when we go camping where there is no power and we put it back in our bedroom to use. You could probably get an extra counter extension on the sink side if you wanted it.
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #4

Registry
What my ultimate intention is for the TV would be to mount in on a bracket on the bed side of the sink/stove, using a bracket where you can easily pop it off for storage, or just leaving at home if you don't need it. For now though, I don't even plan on using a TV, as our trips for the next few years are going to be only of 2 week or shorter variety and the laptop will suffice, if we even use it.

Not too long until you pick your 19 up Ellen, lots of fun ahead for you. I am getting excited too, and mine is a month further out then yours.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
What my ultimate intention is for the TV would be to mount in on a bracket on the bed side of the sink/stove, using a bracket where you can easily pop it off for storage, or just leaving at home if you don't need it. For now though, I don't even plan on using a TV, as our trips for the next few years are going to be only of 2 week or shorter variety and the laptop will suffice, if we even use it.

Not too long until you pick your 19 up Ellen, lots of fun ahead for you. I am getting excited too, and mine is a month further out then yours.
Hi Jim,
When you bring home your trailer we would interested in viewing it! We are up in Edmonton so we are not too far.
Rob
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #6

Registry
Hey Rob, no problem at all. I will be back in town with it May 12th, just PM me when you are thinking of coming this way.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Hey Rob, no problem at all. I will be back in town with it May 12th, just PM me when you are thinking of coming this way.
GREAT!
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #8

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Thanks for the replies. Jim, being able to bring a canoe or kayak on the TV is another reason to go for the TT. I'm keeping a list for each until we purchase one.

Tags
escape