TV Monitor mount - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #1

Name: Theron
Trailer: Looking!
Idaho
TV Monitor mount

Hey ya'll!

I've been trying to hunt down a monitor mounting solution for my 24" computer LCD monitor in my ole 17' Casista SD. My needs are a little bit more specific/difficult than just having a semi-static TV mounted on the wall or ceiling. I'll be doing photo editing with the screen so I need to pull out from a stored position down towards the table. I'll be in this trailer for a year, so I figure it might be worth the extra work right now vs. just figuring out a simple foam storage solution. My ideal location is in the ceiling corner where the factory TV hook up's are.

I've looked at tons of options and read a lot of forum post:

Ergotron: Monitor Arms, Stand Up Desks, Computer Carts and Mounting Solutions

Levitate monitor arm | Atdec screen desk mount

Locking Cantilever Mount - Mcnaughton Inc 94139 - TV Accessories - Camping World

I'm not sure if it's possible but I would love to ceiling mount my screen and have it pull down towards the table. I'm even willing to figure out my own method to lock it in place. This is the best solution I've seen so far but sadly it's way too short. Maybe it's too short because what I want just isn't possible? Have ya'll seen anything like this but longer:

Small Extend Mount : Vantage Point
tjhva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #2

Idaho
I wonder if I could flip the collar on this upside town and mount it on the ceiling?

Ergotron 45-241-026 LX Desk Mount LCD Arm\

Here are some better images of that bracket. Looks like I would have to drill some holes in the base plate and remove the desk clamp, no big deal!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824994063
Old 01-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
See if something at Lee Valley Tools suits your application. Lots of neat solutions.

Lee Valley Tools - Online Catalog
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I think if you can drop a pole from the corner where we would normally hang a TV and then put a mount like you are linking to on the pole you would be in business.

I install a lotof Chief mounts and they are very nice.

Flat Panel Dual Arm Pole Mount - KPD110 Series

To give you an idea.
Do you have the factory TV shelf too?
If yes then you could drop a pipe to it from the under cabinet spot and then slide the mount along it to get it to the table and slide it up when just watching TV.

You could also just use any old pipe for the drop and a Manfrotto Superclamp to clamp a monitor to the pipe,it really depends on your whim and gear in particular.

Manfrotto 035 Super Clamp without Stud 035 B&H Photo Video

Is this sort of what you have in mind?

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #5

You can also just use any clamp on arm probably to a drop pole I think.

The Ergo mounts are nice and almost any commercial grade arm would work.

My favorite looking are from Doug Mockett.

Flat Screen Arms - Technology-Into-Furniture Integration - Doug Mockett.com
Old 01-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #6

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
You can also just use any clamp on arm probably to a drop pole I think.

The Ergo mounts are nice and almost any commercial grade arm would work.

My favorite looking are from Doug Mockett.

Flat Screen Arms - Technology-Into-Furniture Integration - Doug Mockett.com
Thanks Ed! Good info! I picked up that Ergo arm from NewEgg, price was right...I think I can make it work. I'll let ya'll know
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #7

I am just thinking the pole would give you much more vertical drop so the arm can get maximum horizontal reach.

Remember with a setup like this you will need to have a secured return position for travel that takes all stress off the arm.

Also regarding the monitor,if yours is a little older this may be a good time to look at newer models which can be so light it is crazy.
Lighter is better as long as its a decent monitor and these days a 24" monitor can be $100.00.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #8

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
I am just thinking the pole would give you much more vertical drop so the arm can get maximum horizontal reach.

Remember with a setup like this you will need to have a secured return position for travel that takes all stress off the arm.

Also regarding the monitor,if yours is a little older this may be a good time to look at newer models which can be so light it is crazy.
Lighter is better as long as its a decent monitor and these days a 24" monitor can be $100.00.
It's a Dell UltraSharp U2412M LED, fairly light I think!

The good thing about getting that arm I got is if the stock pole is too short I can just mount a pipe and clamp the arm onto that
Old 01-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #9

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
There's a new thread called "rad trailer" that I just looked at. The mount in that trailer looks perfect. Take a look. I haven't opened all your links here so you may have listed something similar already.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote