TV reception? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Radio or TV is a good idea when a storm approaches.
Could also use the one in your tow rig.

Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
Name: Dave (AKA John)
Trailer: Scamp
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
The answer is quite simple. Leave the TV at home and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature. It's much more entertaining then anything on television.
I agree, we rarely watch the TV in our Scamp, it's just a tiny 7" TV that runs off DC. But, it is nice to have when you can pick up radar images of approaching storms on the news. Moving storm images are more meaningful to me than a weather radio that mentions counties that I might not be familiar with.

Some of our GA campgrounds got hit pretty hard by this weeks round of killer storms and tornadoes.

NOTICE: Due to severe storm related damage and/or power outages Black Rock Mountain and Cloudland Canyon State Parks are closed while clean-up efforts continue.

Radar1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #17
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I decided to go with satellite TV at my home and took that opportunity to change from an antenna on the trailer to a satellite dish. The sat. dish is much better than the antenna ever was. Along our No. Cal. and some of the Ore. coast it was hard to get a signal via an antenna. With a sat. dish I get it anywhere.

The year I changed to satellite I was also headed to the Great Lakes and therefore the mid-west and concerned about the weather more so than I ever am here in the West. I was glad I had the sat. connection as I could keep up with the weather channel and impending storms. I stayed ahead and north of most all the tornadoes and bad weather.

I've always had a TV with me as another source of intertainment if I needed it. I'm a nature lover and after a week or so of silence and tweeting birds I need some other sounds just to break the monotony. Just one hour of TV with do it.
Joy A. & Lily
and "Puff", too
No. Ca. Sierra Foothills
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #18
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
The beauty of Satellite TV is that you can have it at home and on the road, no extra charge. When you're gone long term, 7 months at a clip, it's nice to have it on the road. Certainly for a week or two it would probably be easy and possibly refreshing to be without it.

honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #19
Trailer: 2007 Casita
I am kinda with Bryon, but I do like the news in the morning as well as down time I will turn on the TV for noise. We have a flat screen tv and up until the big change from (whatever they did when they changed ) I just used a basic set of indoor rabbit ears to get a few channels. But after the big change I bought a digital antenna and am very pleased with it. Works great, we have SAT at home but not in all rooms. Have pulled the antenna out of the trailer for use in a guest room as well. Get close to 20+ channels at home (that I would consider watchable) depending where in the house I place it. We live remote and have a ton of trees. Camping, I have had 35+ channels, again some are not worth watching in my opinion. But always a few that are worth watching.

When camping in remote areas, I have had issues with getting a lot of selection but I always get at least a few stations. I spent $29 on the one I bought but can't find a link to it. But found a couple that are similar.

Clothing, Toys, Electronics, Jewelry, Jaclyn Smith -

Clothing, Toys, Electronics, Jewelry, Jaclyn Smith -

For us, this is plenty. And stores away when not in use. I have also used it out side of the trailer when weather isn't an issue. (better reception)

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote