Two Days and a Wake-up - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #15

Name: Richard
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Thanks for all the good will everyone! This will start a whole new chapter in our lives.

Rick, we will be at the Algonac Rally in September and the FL Scamp Camp in Feb. Can't wait. Hope to meet many of the good peeps on this forum. Which Rally's do you attend?

Tom
Hi Tom,

We will be at Niagara in September, but as luck hast it, we will also be in FL in February, so despite having a Casita, we will try to pop into Scamp Camp.

Rick and Jessica

Old 08-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #16

Name: Gene
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
Registry
The cafe I mentioned is just next door to the Cenex to the South. One thing I got a kick out of was the lumber yard across the street to the South had a whole bunch of outhouses for sale. I suppose for people with lake cabins and such but it made the place look like real redneck back country America!
I agree, it would be nice if Scamp teamed up with a couple resorts for a one night stay to encourage customers to do the first overnight in the area to check out their new unit. I'm glad I did. Nothing major happened but I did go back to ask some questions and pick up some microwave mounting brackets. I save over $140 by buying my own.
To be fair there are a number of possibilities nearby for camping. Ruttger's was very handy.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:08 AM   #17

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1flr View Post
Hi Tom,

We will be at Niagara in September, but as luck hast it, we will also be in FL in February, so despite having a Casita, we will try to pop into Scamp Camp.

Rick and Jessica
Rick, you might want to make reservations for FL quickly. It was filling fast when we made our reservations. Info is on Rallies sub forum. I understand all fiberglass trailers will be welcome. Do people wear name tags with their FGRV handles on them? Is there a secret handshake? Otherwise, we could be camped right next to fellow forum folks that we "talk" to on a regular basis, and never know.

Tom
Old 08-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #18

Name: Richard
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Rick, you might want to make reservations for FL quickly. It was filling fast when we made our reservations. Info is on Rallies sub forum. I understand all fiberglass trailers will be welcome. Do people wear name tags with their FGRV handles on them? Is there a secret handshake? Otherwise, we could be camped right next to fellow forum folks that we "talk" to on a regular basis, and never know.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the advice!

No secret handshakes, but you get the gratification of finally not feeling out of place in the land of the giants

Rick and Jessica
Old 08-03-2014, 05:39 AM   #19

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
On Our Way!!

This is it. We'll be on the yellow brick road to Backus this morning. A door that's been open for about 5 years is about to close. Tomorrow morning a new one will open. Don't know if we'll be posting or not until we get back at the end of the week. I understand there will be Wi-Fi, but the fish might be biting too. Full report and pics to follow. Last "Pre-Scamp" thanks to all of you for all of your advice and encouragement.

Tom
Old 08-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #20

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Safe travels, always. Have a ton of fun, make some really great memories and don't forget your journal and camera.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote