Two Fiberglass Trailers stolen in LA - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Masse View Post
....... Traffic cameras should be public domain.
Make a FOIA request?

California Public Records Act - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT
Old 12-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #42

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Is there an update???? Did they "return home"...??????
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #43
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
We still are waiting and hoping someone finds them they may already be repainted .the scamp may be identified buy it having a full sized oven and stove and no fridge or ice box wich I think makes it pretty uncommon .the uhaul is mostly stock but it does have led strip lighting along the ceiling with diamond quilt material on the ceiling . It also has aftermarket cast metal tail lights bought from uhaul they both have distinctive curtains I hope that the perps don't read this before there spoted. Also my son Derek of happier camper has moved his remaining trailers to a more secure place and has just purchased a 85 Perris pacer that he is going to redo and add to his fleet he .needs to fill the void thanks for your concern
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #44

Name: Gord
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Ontario
watching out for stolen trailers

Mikmay

I have my eyes wide open, I'll let you know if i see anything. Hopefully they will be found ok.
golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #45

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think ALL the molded forums on the WWW have been notified... and I know it's plastered all over Facebook. We're all on the look out and are hoping for a positive conclusion.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #46

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
I hope you find your trailers and whoever took them.

I know you have already posted on so many places.....but did you ever think about going to ALL the camper forums and post on them or get friends to post on them for you. Folks that camp are the most helpful of people that there ever was and as you know are always willing to help someone.The more eyes you have looking he better.

Good luck and prayers are with you.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #47

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
That's a really good idea- Woodalls Open Roads Forum is probably the biggest RV-related site on the internet- tons of members!

I'd post a thread about these trailers there myself but pics have to be uploaded from elsewhere, and for some reason uploading from this site doesn't work....

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #48

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
I can't believe these units haven't been spotted. They must be hiding out in a shed until they can be sufficiently disguised. I really hope the bad guys get caught! If not, what hope is there for anyone making a recovery on a lost fiberglass sweetie?
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #49
Commercial Member

Ontario
Hello everyone I just flew out from my home town of Windsor ont to help my son Derek with some business maters and hopefully help to start renovating the new Perris pacer on the flight here I looked out the window with the slight hope to maybe spot the trailers from the air but now realize it would be like finding a needle in a large very large haystack well actually 2 needles.our best hope I thinkis they try to list them for sale as I know some one wil see them for sale .As to the new Perris pacer it is going to be a lot of work to refinish as it has all the ensolite completely removed but the fiberglass is in very good shape and as you all know the only thing better than a completely finished trailer is one that needs work lol. I will post pictures of the new trailer soon. Thank you everyone for your concern
Old 12-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #50

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation I guess I don't check posts often enough

I just deleted 6 posts out of this thread that violated our Community Rules plus the 2 posts that called my attention to the other 6. This thread is about two specific trailers. Please keep it focused on the search for these 2 trailers.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #51
Commercial Member

Ontario
Hello everyone , first may I say my matter pales in comparison to what has happened in conneticat and my condolences to every one involved.I've just returned home from Los Angela's where some interesting things took place.while driving to home depot with my son derrek whose trailers were stolen we received a call from a man who said his name was Jerry Jerry than asked if we could give him some info on a trailer he received from a neighbor that had been sitting for years we asked him what make was the trailer to which he said he did not know as there was no decals or stickers ,there were none on my sons scamp. Jerry than asked if we new what the value might be on the trailer.we then asked him to describe the trailer .jerry than said the trailer was purple ,alarm bells went off amediatly . Apparently Jerry phoned derrek when he found a card inside the trailer from happier camper thinking it was the manufactuer we than played along trying to get information we asked him to descibe the interior we asked if it had a working fridge to which he replied there was none only a full size oven and stove. Are you kidding me! How many purple fg trailers with a full size oven do you think there are . We tried to get as much info as we could with out making him suspicious .we asked Jerry to give us a address to come look at them to which he said he could not .we than asked him to send us photos .he said he would and call back later he never did either . His phone number was recorded on my sons phone we called him back and when he answered he said he was someone else and someone used his phone . This man is the one who either stole the trailer or is in possession of them he did say on the phone at the start of the call that he was in norco which the police say is east of Anaheim so please any one in that area keep a look out more to come I hope
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #52

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Mike I hope your son passed he cell number onto the police they can sure as heck have it traced. Hope he finds them but the fact the Scamp is still Purple sure sounds like he has a chance. Good luck!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #53

Maybe anywho and do a reverse tele lookup. But I dont think it works for Cell phones. Could pay a PI to help now if police dont.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #54

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
That's the power of social networking. Good luck on the continuing search, Mike.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #55

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Norco is an incorporated town at the intersection of Rt-91 & I-15, just north of Corona. It is a very rural area with lots of horse property with large barns all about. But it's no where near Anaheim. You would do well to come out to Norco and take a drive around, it's not that big an area.

It would also be a good idea to notify the Norco P.D. which I believe is the Riverside County Sheriff's Dept. They patrol the town continually, I know, I've been stopped there when lost.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #56

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
I'd live to know how this story ended.
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #57
Commercial Member

Ontario
Thanks sue for your concern as of yet the trailers are still AWOL we may have some leads but don't want to divulge to much in case the wrong person is reading this but we do believe the trailers are still in California
Old 06-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #58

Wonder if this would be able to help out on a stolen trailer? Anyone know how specific you can zoom in on the software using GSM triangulation? Or would it be a wide general area between the cell towers?

Trakdot Luggage Tracker takes (some of) the worry out of air travel | Digital Trends

Track Your Luggage with Trakdot from Globatrac - YouTube
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #59

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I don't think that this member has posted anything since last January.

If they were to be placed on the market, now would be the time.

Any new Info out there ????

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #60

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
From Mikmay's profile page:
Last Activity: 04-21-2013 06:17 AM

I asked him about the trailers in another thread, they are still missing.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote