Two weeks from today - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2016, 02:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Two weeks from today

Finally! We get to pick up our Bigfoot Silver Cloud! We bought 2 recliners for it but will only take one with us. I picked up sheets and blankets for camping in it on the way home. I bought a Keurig for it. I made cups that have the Bigfoot logo on them for coffee and tea. I attached the Bigfoot logo to a shirt and am ready to put it on a jacket too.

We have a spot rented to store it. We double-checked our camping spot for the Eggs a la Bourbon rally that we host (This will test the hubby's skills with this long camper! A tree where it makes it tricky!) last weekend. We have all the stuff for our Expedition with its towing package that we need.

We have campgrounds scheduled for the trip home.

I am sure we forgot something, but I am so excited that I finally get to see this camper in person and even sleep in it (Since the mauve paper is already loose, it may just become looser on the trip home! Ick!)

The countdown is on, although Kevin has been counting for weeks already.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Bigfoot me.jpg   Front of Bigfoot.jpg  

CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Lucky, lucky YOU
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:53 PM   #3

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-31-2016, 10:40 PM   #4

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Cindy,

Exciting! Looking forward to meeting Kevin and you at the Eggs A La Bourbon Rally.

Take care,

Dean
Old 04-01-2016, 07:31 AM   #5
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:07 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi Cindy,

Exciting! Looking forward to meeting Kevin and you at the Eggs A La Bourbon Rally.

Take care,

Dean
Likewise you guys.

Cindy
Old 04-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #7

Registry
Loaded one of the recliners. sheets and blankets for the camper tonight, since we will be flying to Boston on Thursday, return on Sunday, and leave to pick up the camper 2 hours later.

CindyL
Old 04-01-2016, 07:54 PM   #8

Name: Thomas
Trailer: 22' Home Built
Ohio
Registry
Congratulations. Your excitement made me think about why, or what it is, that brings many of us to undertake this addition to our lives. A portable (or in some cases permanent) home that goes, where you decide to go. For me, it's that little feeling of adventure, the unknown, the open road, change, challenge, planning, thought. It's about living a more interesting life, while having your creature comforts. Sorry to wax on so much but, hey, you started it, with your excitement !
OhTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:05 PM   #9

Name: Linda
Trailer: Escape
Colorado
Your excitement... I get it! I may not have a brand new camper to use, but I'm "chomping on the bit" to get out with my tiny house for the first time this year. Can't wait! Happy trails to you!
“Casa Swany”
ljswanson53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:36 PM   #10

Registry
So, we bought food for the trip, a microwave, and dishes. Hubby will take his Coleman, and we can make our supper on the trip. Hubby packed the Keurig, while I packed the coffee cups and dishes for the trip. Ordered silverware (I have to have special due to a disability.) and throw some clothes into a suitcase. Hubby found the bill of sale, so we can insure the camper, got the oil changed in the Expedition, have campgrounds secured. Just ordered fleece jackets that will match the Bigfoot logos I bought.

Getting there. I am sure I forgot something. As you can see, I am not a camper; I am a glamper.

CindyL
Old 04-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #11

Registry
Oops, half to remember the pans, since we might actually use the stove in this camper. And, of course, a wine opener. Can't forget that.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #12

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Thats great,what are you towing with?
I haven't seen you guys with anything but the Bus!
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:48 PM   #13

Registry
Oh, God, I just saw I typed 'half' for "have." Excuse me, I know better.

Ed, Long time, no see. The last time we talked, we had the white Eurovan. Its tranny went out, and we bought a royal blue Eurovan. However, we discovered that US mechanics of VWs just don't know how to repair these and after 2 consecutive years of repairing the same darn expensive thing (I believe that they did not fix it right the first time and did the second time. No calls from the buyer yet.), we sold it. I found a place that sells used police vehicles. I found a Chevy Tahoe that matched our VT, but upon seeing it, we found it was beat up pretty bad. Kevin saw a white Expedition that he liked (so do I) with a heavy duty tow package, and there you have it. Then I saw the Silver Cloud mentioned here (I have developed 2 disabilities since last we saw you, Dupuytren's Contracture and Ledderhose Disease. They make my hands and feet sensitive to cold, and my fingers and toes lumpy and threatening to contract, so we plan to be snowbirds on retirement.), so it was meant to be: a tow vehicle capable of towing a Silver Cloud. It took me 2 months of trying to think how to approach (Should I say nag ?) Kevin, and happily, the Cloud was still available then, and Kevin discovered we could afford it. Both the tow vehicle and the Cloud were great deals! It will be our part-time retirement home.

So there you have it. Next week, we pick up our Silver Cloud.

I wish we could go to the fish fry and see you again, but our spring is absolutely crazy! Just got back from a conference in Savannah, GA, headed for Boston on Thursday, return on Sunday and 2 hours later, leave for Eugene to pick up the Silver Cloud. Then, a week and a half later, we fly to Las Vegas where our daughter is getting married on the 27th. And we go to KY the first weekend in May, and I need to head to IA in May too. Memorial Day weekend at our son's house with the granddaughter trying out our new camper (and us too). End of June is a conference in Denver, followed by a week of volunteering on Pine Ridge, and then vacation for 2 weeks in KY in July. That is one weekend we need to relax!

CindyL
Old 04-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #14

Registry
Oh, and I forgot. We host the Bourbon Egg get-together in June too. My ancestor left PA during the Whiskey Rebellion and moved to Bardstown, KY, where his still became part of Jim Beam. Hence, the reason we were in Bardstown last year and decided it was a good place to have a rally.

CindyL
Old 04-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #15

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
CindyL,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I love the Silver Cloud and pondered over if for a LONG time! Im so glad to see it found a great home with a member here!! I hope you get TONS of enjoyment out of it!

We live in Cincinnati Ohio area - my wife and I would love to see it some day! Maybe we will see you at a rally!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:41 PM   #16

Registry
Thank you for not buying it, JWScarab . Only a week from tomorrow and we learn how to hitch it to our Expedition.

You are welcome to see it. We do get through the Cincinatti area occasionally. We are taking a camping trip to KY in July.

We will have it at Bardstown, KY at Eggs a la Bourbon. A couple of spaces have opened up, although they are pretty steep spots, if you have the weekend free. We will also have it at Algonac.

CindyL
Old 04-06-2016, 02:49 PM   #17

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Thank you for not buying it, JWScarab . Only a week from tomorrow and we learn how to hitch it to our Expedition.

You are welcome to see it. We do get through the Cincinatti area occasionally. We are taking a camping trip to KY in July.

We will have it at Bardstown, KY at Eggs a la Bourbon. A couple of spaces have opened up, although they are pretty steep spots, if you have the weekend free. We will also have it at Algonac.

CindyL
Your quite welcome!! I lost sleep over the Silver Cloud for a LONG time!!! haha! What clinched my decision was the distance (I still work), and needing a different TV to pull her. But the Silver Cloud itself - oooohhhhhh I wanted it so bad!! Still do!!! haha!! If you ever sell it, you have a buyer right here!!

But yes, I'm VERY glad you got it, and VERY happy for you and your husband!! That's so cool!!

So, I promised a few co-workers we will be camping in our Casita at the Bluegrass Festival at the KY Horse Park that same weekend as the Eggs Rally. It looks like we will only be 50ish miles away! I surely don't want to inconvenience you, but maybe my wife and I could run over there and say hi (and drool over the Silver Cloud) for just a bit if you don't mind!!

Congratulations again!!!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Old 04-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #18

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
You would be very welcome to stop by. We will probably be out touring bourbon distilleries on Saturday, but we'll be around all day Sunday. If you have a time you could give us, we'll work around it if possible. Lexington is about an hour away and a nice drive. Hope to see you!

Kevin

(You could join us for the potluck on Saturday night, too! We plan to be eating around 6 p.m.)
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #19

Ohio
Hi Kevin!! I'm a little bit of a newbie here - but I figured out you must be the other half of CindyL.....haha! Congratulations on the Silver Cloud!! I'll talk to my wife (shes not a member here) and see what time. I'm thinking if you are going to be there Sunday, maybe that would work! We could head over your way Sunday morning - get there at noon ish, stay for an hour or two (if this works for you), and then head back and pick up our Casita on the way back home! My name is Joe. My wife is Cherie. Look forward to meeting you both!!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Old 04-06-2016, 07:15 PM   #20

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Bon voyage! We know exactly how you feel.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
lance abbott is offline   Reply With Quote