U-Haul owners!!!!! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #71

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
We have State Farm but we will have to file for reim. for the tow. Even then I wonder if they will cover the towing. To be honest these people were not going to charge but we insisted. The tow driver charged but not much for hauling the van and UHaul. Just wonderful helpful people.

CindyL

Old 07-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #72

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I have AAA Premier with the extra RV coverage which was only about $20 extra. Never used it. Good Sam is always trying to get me to sign up for their RV coverage which is around $75 for the first year but I heard it doubles for the second year. There was a recent discussion on this topic, not sure if it was here or the tnttt site. I usually try to help people that are broke down, it happens fairly often by my house as we are right at the exit of a parkway, lots of people lost too, and cars turning around here at least a few times every day.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #73

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Headed home tomorrow. Had a good day at Piqua Shawnee Green Corn with cousins. Staying at a hotel tomorrow PM since we will be driving all day without AC.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #74

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Well, we are home in Oak Park, IL again! The biggest pain in driving without the AC is not the heat, it's the noise from the big trucks going by on the interstate. We kept the van at about 58 mph and the single cooling fan only kicked in at the end of the trip, so the engine was getting enough cooling from the highway motion. I'll order another fan for the AC side tonight off eBay.

We did not have either AAA or Good Sam for roadside assistance. It hasn't seemed that either was price-effective for us, but I'll look again. As Cindy said, we do have the State Farm towing coverage, so I'll hand that in for reimbursement.

I don't think the fridge had anything to do with the fans failing, since the fridge started getting warm BEFORE we had the fans blow out. The fridge runs on 110 from land power, so it shouldn't be a connected issue.

Interesting thing about the fans is that all 10 fan blades were broken off the 2 fans. I can't imagine that all happened at once, so maybe we were running on just one fan for quite a while!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #75

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Hey Uhaulers Come ON down (or over, or up)

Cherokee, North Carolina FG Egg Rally!!!
Oct 11-14 Check this thread out:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-nc-52749.html

Imagine the Smoky Mountains in mid-Oct, It will be GLORIOUS and lots to see and do! This is where it's at:

Happy Holiday RV Village, RV Park Rates, Cherokee, NC 28719

(It is hard to see the site map link, because of the lettering, but it is in in the brown box about 2/3 of the way down on the left side of the home page).
Old 08-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #76

Name: Becky & Dave
Trailer: U haul '85 CT13
Oregon
Can't get on web site...help!

I am unable to access the uhaul camper site because I can't remember my user name it's needed to get password. There is no way for me to contact the administrator without it. Can anyone who is able to access the site send them my email so that I can get the user name and password. You would likely need my email address and if you private message me I can give it to you. Thanks anyone.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #77

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Accessto UHaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky B View Post
I am unable to access the uhaul camper site because I can't remember my user name it's needed to get password. There is no way for me to contact the administrator without it. Can anyone who is able to access the site send them my email so that I can get the user name and password. You would likely need my email address and if you private message me I can give it to you. Thanks anyone.
I'll PM you...
Old 08-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #78

Name: Perk
Trailer: U-Haul VT 16FT
Arizona
Registry
Have you been able to get the fans fix and all repairs completed? Hope all is good and your school year is started off well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A
Well, we are home in Oak Park, IL again! The biggest pain in driving without the AC is not the heat, it's the noise from the big trucks going by on the interstate. We kept the van at about 58 mph and the single cooling fan only kicked in at the end of the trip, so the engine was getting enough cooling from the highway motion. I'll order another fan for the AC side tonight off eBay.

We did not have either AAA or Good Sam for roadside assistance. It hasn't seemed that either was price-effective for us, but I'll look again. As Cindy said, we do have the State Farm towing coverage, so I'll hand that in for reimbursement.

I don't think the fridge had anything to do with the fans failing, since the fridge started getting warm BEFORE we had the fans blow out. The fridge runs on 110 from land power, so it shouldn't be a connected issue.

Interesting thing about the fans is that all 10 fan blades were broken off the 2 fans. I can't imagine that all happened at once, so maybe we were running on just one fan for quite a while!
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #79

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
I was at the UHaul forum today and it is a little quiet. If anyone has some UHaul related news or topics, bang some pots and pans over there.

A new poster there installed a new axle with brakes, which I'd love to see pictured.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #80

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Tom: What's involved in registering over there. We tried some time ago but didn't get anywhere.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #81

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Tom: What's involved in registering over there. We tried some time ago but didn't get anywhere.
Bob, the hard part was the robot visual test, but they changed it. I've found that the site doesn't like Firefox, so use Explorer if you go there.

If you have problems, PM djtriceflt on this site. He is a moderator over there.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #82

New York
Darn, I always use Firefox, while I got you here, what's a good power converter, that's an upcoming project.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #83

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Darn, I always use Firefox, while I got you here, what's a good power converter, that's an upcoming project.
I'm still limping along with the original + solar. I recall some strong recommendations being made but not the details. Maybe something in this link?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...+charger&sa=Go
Old 08-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #84

Name: Perk
Trailer: U-Haul VT 16FT
Arizona
Registry
I was just on UHaulCampers.com and had no problem navigating. I use Firefox and seems to be OK ... maybe Jim updated the software.

Perk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul