U-Haul owners!!!!! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #101

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The site is back up. It would be great if they could host enough advertising to keep the lights on.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #102

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Maybe they need to contact Uhaul for ads.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #103

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
The solution?

It's more about keeping the spammers, hijackers, and virus infections off the site than it is the money to run it. Mr. Jim, of course, would appreciate occasional contributions to help out but he has a genuine interest in Uhaul Campers himself as his family owns one that is in almost totally original condition that they too enjoy!

A different way to register on the site, that would preclude the mal-intents, is going to be necessary. Due to the worldwide open access to the site 90% or more of the individuals that try to spam or infect the site are from less than desirable overseas locations...

The UHaul company suggestion may have some merit but legal ramifications exist that include liability issues, etc. that would have to be sorted out requiring attorney fees and more...

Giving a bunch of us legit UHaul folks moderator rights would help control the undesirable element but more importantly a website engineer who has the savey to resolve this dilemma could really make it a safe and enjoyable website for the future...

We , who would like to keep the site alive, would be very beholden to a
website engineer that knows about such things, are you possibly out there? If it will take some money to pay for that expertise then maybe that is what the contributions should be for???!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #104

The Bogleheads site (a financial advice forum) has an Amazon link and if you go there first, then to Amazon, the site gets a portion of the Amazon redirected sales. This might be an option.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #105

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Can't sign up?

Glad to see things are heading in the right direction. I'm not a Uhaul owner but they rank in my top 5 . Hey, there are a lot of brands out there! Someday when I get a big egg (15' to 17" haha) the VT would be in my search. Perhaps to drum up traffic a front page note mentioning it's potential linage from Cloud and Burro could be added. They all have similar maintenance and mods. It would dilute the uniqueness of course. Would also have more direct competition from other FGRV sites. Just thinking out loud.

Any ways, I went to the site but can't find the link to register? Is it temporarily disabled due to spam?
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #106

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
The Bogleheads site (a financial advice forum) has an Amazon link and if you go there first, then to Amazon, the site gets a portion of the Amazon redirected sales. This might be an option.

Mr Tom,
That indeed sounds like a possibility. But, I believe, all options will be considered. Mr. Jim has to make it happen as he is the controlling entity. A PM to him over on the web site might get a response although I am still waiting for an answer to three of mine.

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #107

Florida
Registry
Registration still locked up...

Any ways, I went to the site but can't find the link to register? Is it temporarily disabled due to spam?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your comments. The registration process is locked until it can be corrected. As they say " we apologize for the inconvenience ".

Hopefully, it will be corrected relatively soon
Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #108

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Ok, thx for the response. I'll keep an eye on it.
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #109

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm in and logged in, must be fixed. But I've been a member since the beginning...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #110

Site was unavailable this AM. I guess the few of us posting are not paying the light bills.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #111

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
I would love to be in touch with the owner of this site. If it comes back up I would love to join. How would I get in touch with whoever has the rites to this site.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #112

Florida
Registry
It's still kicking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
I would love to be in touch with the owner of this site. If it comes back up I would love to join. How would I get in touch with whoever has the rites to this site.

Mr. Chris, If you can get involved and/or assist in some way us
Uhaulers will be very grateful as that site is dedicated to our specific
trailers. It is still very unique in this rapidly changing world in which we live! I PM'ed you...

Mr. Jim is working right now to bring the site back!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #113

Georgia
Registry
Thank you. I will get in touch with him next week to see what I can offer to assist with keeping this site up and running. Thanks for the info so quickly.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #114

Florida
Registry
Uhaulcampers.com update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
Thank you. I will get in touch with him next week to see what I can offer to assist with keeping this site up and running. Thanks for the info so quickly.
As many of you may have noticed the site is not functioning correctly yet, re: posting, etc. Mr. Jim (the administrator) called me to inform us that it may be several weeks before it is fully operational again as he is working in his other career and no time to devote to it just now.

Mr. Chris, I am sending you another PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
As many of you may have noticed the site is not functioning correctly yet, re: posting, etc. Mr. Jim (the administrator) called me to inform us that it may be several weeks before it is fully operational again as he is working in his other career and no time to devote to it just now.

Mr. Chris, I am sending you another PM.
Thanks to all who work to make this site viable. I think that it could be a fun site and given all the UHaul owners out there, could pull in enough advertising to pull its own weight.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #116

Georgia
Registry
I had a conversation today with Jim. He is a super nice guy and I have offered any help I can give. He did advise that there was some type of maintenance that the board was requiring him to do that he was going to have to sub out. He will have the site back up as soon as possible. Just to keep everyone here posted.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #117

Name: Perk
Trailer: Formerly U-Haul
Arizona
Registry
Maintaining the Board must take a lot of time, energy and money. I appreciate his efforts and wish to say Thank You.
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #118

Name: Perk
Trailer: Formerly U-Haul
Arizona
Registry
Also a Thank You to you, Chris, for your updates.
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #119

The uhaulcamper.com site is back up. We have had a number of new UHaul owners through this site recently, so maybe they will be interested. The site has lot of good archive and historical material, as well as some new discussions. Even more if you post there!

http://www.uhaulcamper.com/index.php
Old 05-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #120

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Thanks for the update. I've been checking once a week while it's been down.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul