U-Haul Rolls Out Refillable 1-LB Propane Cylinders in California - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-05-2018, 07:21 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Posts: 496
We bought two of those. We went to every possible place we could think of to see if we could get them filled, U-Haul, Camping World, Amerigas, other places that sold propane. No one would fill them. Back they went.

We live in Ohio.
__________________

Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:28 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Casita 2018 Independence Dlx
Tennessee
Posts: 188
Thumbs up refill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
We bought two of those. We went to every possible place we could think of to see if we could get them filled, U-Haul, Camping World, Amerigas, other places that sold propane. No one would fill them. Back they went.

We live in Ohio.
I get my 5 lb tank and my 20 lb tanks filled at my local Tractor Supply Store..every time..best prices around too.
__________________

Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:33 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Posts: 496
We went to a couple of Tractor supplies, too. They fill our other tanks, but not 1 lb. Even tried local campgrounds. Camping World was intrigued by the idea. They even took down all the information. When we went back, they had not heard back from the company that sells the refillable tanks.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Perryb67's Avatar
 
Name: Perry
Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Posts: 128
After years of lugging one of our 20# tanks and hoses to our site's table we purchased one of each, after recommendation from another member here.

Flame King Refillable Propane Cylinder with Refill Kit

Flame King Refillable Propane Cylinder

The tanks are legal and can be legally transported.

The tanks filled easily. You really don't need that stand, just have your SO keep the tank from tipping and use the picnic table. Easy peasy!

Enjoy,

Perry
__________________
2018 Escape 5.0 TA - 2015 Ford F-150, 3.5 V6 Ecoboost,

Previous Eggs - 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, that we regret selling, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we also regret selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:45 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
After years of lugging one of our 20# tanks and hoses to our site's table we purchased one of each, after recommendation from another member here.

Flame King Refillable Propane Cylinder with Refill Kit

Flame King Refillable Propane Cylinder

The tanks are legal and can be legally transported.

The tanks filled easily. You really don't need that stand, just have your SO keep the tank from tipping and use the picnic table. Easy peasy!

Enjoy,

Perry
Make sure you use legal refillable canisters. Many of the 1 pound tanks sold are not refillable and are dangerous. See the video put out by Washington State Parks:

https://youtu.be/g2_GhyAw3vM
Dave Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:54 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Perryb67's Avatar
 
Name: Perry
Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
Make sure you use legal refillable canisters. Many of the 1 pound tanks sold are not refillable and are dangerous. See the video put out by Washington State Parks:

https://youtu.be/g2_GhyAw3vM
The Flame King cylinders I linked ARE Dot approved to be refilled. I would only fill them outside for safety reasons. Also the attachment has its own shutoff that stops the gas flow as soon as you release, rather than rely on you turning the shutoff valve on the 20# cylinder.

Enjoy,

Perry
__________________
2018 Escape 5.0 TA - 2015 Ford F-150, 3.5 V6 Ecoboost,

Previous Eggs - 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, that we regret selling, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we also regret selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:58 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 5,688
I'd just buy a five or ten pound cylinder and be done with it. Let somebody else fill it. Not too heavy and less likely to run out of propane in the middle of cooking.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:04 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Perryb67's Avatar
 
Name: Perry
Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I'd just buy a five or ten pound cylinder and be done with it. Let somebody else fill it. Not too heavy and less likely to run out of propane in the middle of cooking.
I get tired of the hoses, but to each their own.

Enjoy,

Perry
__________________
2018 Escape 5.0 TA - 2015 Ford F-150, 3.5 V6 Ecoboost,

Previous Eggs - 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, that we regret selling, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we also regret selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 5,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
To each their own.

Enjoy,

Perry

Yup.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:56 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Name: John
Trailer: 2018 Casita Independence
Texas
Posts: 232
I have no problem with the 20 lb. propane bottle as far as moving it around and hauling it in the pickup, plus it's only $15.00 to fill up at the local propane distributor. I use the 20 lb. tank for both the outdoor grille and the "Little Red Campfire" outdoor fire pit, I'm afraid the small bottles would be used up very quickly on the outdoor fire pit. I also have the LP quick disconnects on the trailer, so I have no shortage of propane. If the small bottles work for you, them do it.


trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:35 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Perryb67's Avatar
 
Name: Perry
Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I also have the LP quick disconnects on the trailer, so I have no shortage of propane......
In all fairness, we have ordered an LP quick connect on our new Escape 5.0. It's one thing taking a 20# tank out off the tongue and another pulling it out of the compartment in the 5th wheel, but it will be interesting to see which gets used and which doesn't.

Enjoy,

Perry
__________________
2018 Escape 5.0 TA - 2015 Ford F-150, 3.5 V6 Ecoboost,

Previous Eggs - 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, that we regret selling, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we also regret selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:49 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Name: John
Trailer: 2018 Casita Independence
Texas
Posts: 232
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
In all fairness, we have ordered an LP quick connect on our new Escape 5.0. It's one thing taking a 20# tank out off the tongue and another pulling it out of the compartment in the 5th wheel, but it will be interesting to see which gets used and which doesn't.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry, the only reason for not using the trailer disconnects is that at times we may setup our Clam at a distance farther then the extension LP hose may reach. Isn't it wonderful to have so many options.


trainman
__________________

trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
propane, u-haul


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Green Propane Bottles, REFILLABLE? James V Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 10 06-13-2010 11:06 PM
RV rolls over steep cliff as RVer walks dog Ken C Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 7 10-22-2009 06:00 PM
Dutch Oven Cinnamon Rolls Adonna & Bob Roelke Camp Cooking, Food & Recipes 21 06-19-2008 02:21 PM
Jasper and the Unbaked Yeast Rolls Donna D. Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 7 05-05-2008 08:36 AM
Ford Granada & Rolls Royce Legacy Posts Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 3 10-08-2002 07:34 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.