Uhaul- 13 ft. I can't wait to go camping. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #1

Trailer: (fiberglass)
Uhaul- 13 ft. I can't wait to go camping.

Hello, Last night i was looking on the net for a small camper and found one I thought may be worth taking a look at. I drove the 140 miles to see it and when i got there i could hardley believe it,a 1985 U-Haul 13 ft' rock solid. there is very little that needs to be done to this unit other than general clean up and a few minor things. That is what i was hoping for. I made an offer, the man said yes and I am so thankful . I even told him he may want to post it for sale on this site before selling it to me. He said he knows he is taking a big loss but he just wanted to get it out of the yard. An old girlfriend picked out this camper for him and he just wanted it gone. GOOD FOR ME. I love it. if anyone can tell me about the uhaul campers please do. I once had a casita freedom DLX but it has been a good while. thank you
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Have any pictures?
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congratulations! There are several U haul owners around here so I am sure they will jump in as they see the post. Hang in there, they may be camping this weekend.

Oh and yes we do love pictures..................

Have you checked out the U-haul pic's on the Home Page. Click on U-haul and pic's will come up. Again, Congrats! Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #4

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Have any pictures?
i will have some pictures in the morning.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Congratulations! If it's the trailer I think it is, it looked like a great egg at a great price!

I really like the U-Hauls, and in fact they (and the Burros) were my first choice, but my "new" Casita 13' was a serendipitous find.

Welcome to the board--you'll find a lot of great info here, and yes...post pictures! (I'm being bad about that, myself...)
Michele B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #6

I was happy to get the uhaul , I had a casita but someone took it form the storage facility and it was never found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele B View Post
Congratulations! If it's the trailer I think it is, it looked like a great egg at a great price!

I really like the U-Hauls, and in fact they (and the Burros) were my first choice, but my "new" Casita 13' was a serendipitous find.

Welcome to the board--you'll find a lot of great info here, and yes...post pictures! (I'm being bad about that, myself...)
Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Please post pix.
Congrats on the UHaul. There are lots of us. We own a VT, the longer UHaul and have been camping many times this year. We just got back from a weekend in WI to see the Renaissance Faire.
You might want to join over on uhaulcamper.com too. Most of us post to both forums, but some owners only post there. The UHauls are well-built trailers, designed for renters who did not take care of them. Ours has taken us places we never would have gone without it.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul, uhaul