Uhaul is being hauled home - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #15

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
I can do it two ways. I have Verizon with a data plan and can directly post from my Treo through the browser. I could probably post pix too, but I have not tried this. The easiest way to post using my Treo is with a program we downloaded that works on my hubby's laptop (We both have Macs that are Intel Macs and run Windows also.). I think it costs something like $35.00 to download. It is a Windows program called PDAnet that powers the Internet on the computer through the Hotsync cable. Most of the time it has been fairly acceptable connection time, except for the last time when it was so slow that it was intolerable. I think we had a poor phone signal.

Not sure how/if this works with Sprint.

CindyL

Old 05-31-2007, 09:23 PM   #16

Name: Bob
Trailer: 19' Scamp 5th Wheel
Somewhere USA
Thanks, Cindy.

I also see the RSS button at the bottom of each page but it doesn't seem to do anything when I click on it. I'm told this works like email, which you didn't mention. Do you have any insight about this?

BTW I was able to read your post from my Treo via email because I finally got the notifications set up correctly. When I tried following the link to this topic on the Treo is was pretty slow, not surprisingly. I switched to Lo-Fi mode, which was much better, but then I can't seem to have the ability to respond to posts just read. So I'm back on my laptop now for this reply.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for bending your thread.

-KB

Quote:
I can do it two ways. I have Verizon with a data plan and can directly post from my Treo through the browser. I could probably post pix too, but I have not tried this. The easiest way to post using my Treo is with a program we downloaded that works on my hubby's laptop (We both have Macs that are Intel Macs and run Windows also.). I think it costs something like $35.00 to download. It is a Windows program called PDAnet that powers the Internet on the computer through the Hotsync cable. Most of the time it has been fairly acceptable connection time, except for the last time when it was so slow that it was intolerable. I think we had a poor phone signal.

Not sure how/if this works with Sprint.

CindyL

Old 05-31-2007, 11:28 PM   #17

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Sorry, I never used RSS.

CindyL
Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #18

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
...I switched to Lo-Fi mode, which was much better, but then I can't seem to have the ability to respond to posts just read.
I tried this forum on my BlackBerry, and the Lo-Fi Version helps a lot. I think posting replies worked, but the BlackBerry is still marginal for this purpose. It can also act as a wireless modem for a computer, which is a much more functional setup... if you don't mind hauling the computer around!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #19

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
I also see the RSS button at the bottom of each page but it doesn't seem to do anything when I click on it. I'm told this works like email, which you didn't mention. Do you have any insight about this?
RSS is a method for "subscribing" to updates from a server, so you get them without having to browse for new postings; the message are not individual like e-mail, so it's more like watching TV with a TiVo (which shows you programs which have become available), where browsing a forum is like looking for videos on YouTube (you go and find it).

A source of information which is distributed by RSS (called a "feed") is received by a program on your end called a "reader."

The FiberglassRV RSS button is a little unusual (because it takes one more step than I expected), and caught me when I first tried it. You click on the RSS button, which pops up a box which says "Fiberglass RV"; you then click on that, and if your browser knows about an RSS reader you will be offered a subscription setup.

I don't know if a Treo supports RSS. Even if it does, you may need to start the RSS reader and tell it to go to FiberglassRV, in case clicking the "RSS" button on the web page doesn't work.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul, uhaul