Uhaul is being hauled home - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 2,529
Registry
I can do it two ways. I have Verizon with a data plan and can directly post from my Treo through the browser. I could probably post pix too, but I have not tried this. The easiest way to post using my Treo is with a program we downloaded that works on my hubby's laptop (We both have Macs that are Intel Macs and run Windows also.). I think it costs something like $35.00 to download. It is a Windows program called PDAnet that powers the Internet on the computer through the Hotsync cable. Most of the time it has been fairly acceptable connection time, except for the last time when it was so slow that it was intolerable. I think we had a poor phone signal.

Not sure how/if this works with Sprint.

CindyL
__________________

__________________
1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud, "The Egg Carton"
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:23 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
KamperBob's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 19' Scamp 5th Wheel
Somewhere USA
Posts: 136
Thanks, Cindy.

I also see the RSS button at the bottom of each page but it doesn't seem to do anything when I click on it. I'm told this works like email, which you didn't mention. Do you have any insight about this?

BTW I was able to read your post from my Treo via email because I finally got the notifications set up correctly. When I tried following the link to this topic on the Treo is was pretty slow, not surprisingly. I switched to Lo-Fi mode, which was much better, but then I can't seem to have the ability to respond to posts just read. So I'm back on my laptop now for this reply.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for bending your thread.

-KB

Quote:
I can do it two ways. I have Verizon with a data plan and can directly post from my Treo through the browser. I could probably post pix too, but I have not tried this. The easiest way to post using my Treo is with a program we downloaded that works on my hubby's laptop (We both have Macs that are Intel Macs and run Windows also.). I think it costs something like $35.00 to download. It is a Windows program called PDAnet that powers the Internet on the computer through the Hotsync cable. Most of the time it has been fairly acceptable connection time, except for the last time when it was so slow that it was intolerable. I think we had a poor phone signal.

Not sure how/if this works with Sprint.

CindyL
__________________

__________________
KamperBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:28 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 2,529
Registry
Sorry, I never used RSS.

CindyL
__________________
1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud, "The Egg Carton"
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Brian B-P's Avatar
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Posts: 5,000
Quote:
...I switched to Lo-Fi mode, which was much better, but then I can't seem to have the ability to respond to posts just read.
I tried this forum on my BlackBerry, and the Lo-Fi Version helps a lot. I think posting replies worked, but the BlackBerry is still marginal for this purpose. It can also act as a wireless modem for a computer, which is a much more functional setup... if you don't mind hauling the computer around!
__________________
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
STATUS: No longer active in forum.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Brian B-P's Avatar
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Posts: 5,000
Quote:
I also see the RSS button at the bottom of each page but it doesn't seem to do anything when I click on it. I'm told this works like email, which you didn't mention. Do you have any insight about this?
RSS is a method for "subscribing" to updates from a server, so you get them without having to browse for new postings; the message are not individual like e-mail, so it's more like watching TV with a TiVo (which shows you programs which have become available), where browsing a forum is like looking for videos on YouTube (you go and find it).

A source of information which is distributed by RSS (called a "feed") is received by a program on your end called a "reader."

The FiberglassRV RSS button is a little unusual (because it takes one more step than I expected), and caught me when I first tried it. You click on the RSS button, which pops up a box which says "Fiberglass RV"; you then click on that, and if your browser knows about an RSS reader you will be offered a subscription setup.

I don't know if a Treo supports RSS. Even if it does, you may need to start the RSS reader and tell it to go to FiberglassRV, in case clicking the "RSS" button on the web page doesn't work.
__________________

__________________
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
STATUS: No longer active in forum.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
u-haul, uhaul


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UHAUL VT16 - it's @ home and in need Ami P Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 4 06-24-2008 09:41 PM
uhaul Maggie Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 11 09-27-2006 09:34 PM
UHaul 13'er Lance M C Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 9 08-13-2006 12:36 AM
13' UHaul Lance M C Modifications, Alterations and Updates 3 08-06-2006 10:03 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.