Uhaul Owner - Serious Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Lil Bigfoot
Were the Vehicle ID numbers on a Uhaul Trailer removed by Uhaul?

I am having a problem getting my Uhaul trailer registered as the VIN number on the manufacturer's plate has been scraped off. The person I bought it from stated that Uhaul did this when they sold the trailers. He states that the VIN was scraped off the manafacture's sticker on the trailer and a plate welded over the VIN on the tongue.

Any help is appreciated. I would really like to get my trailer registered and on the road!! Thanks!!!
Mike H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:21 PM   #2

Trailer: '74 Ventura
Red face

Here is a link:

http://www.geocities.com/ttlic_2000/uhaulinfo.html

scroll way down the page and you will find a photo and the following:

""From this photo the *NOT U-haul Property* is barely visible, but on the top in front of the propane tank holder is where you will find your VIN stamped into the metal frame. This is where I located mine after stripping off all of the paint. What was interesting is that my number was 1454 and Ray Brock's was 1358. Mine is a true 1984, and his was a 1985. Yet his CT # is lower than mine. Where was your camper made? What was your U-Haul Rental Number? ""

Hope this helps
ttmatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:28 AM   #3

Trailer: 87 U-Haul CT13
Mike,

I had the same problem trying to register my UHaul in Tennessee. I don't know what the laws are in WA, but I had to jump through several hoops. Fortunately, UHaul placed the VIN in several places on their campers. In addition to stamping the frame on the rear bumper and on the tongue, the VIN is also printed on the label inside the storage compartment door under the sink. Also (and I know this sounds crazy), if you crawl under the rear bumper, there is likely a small tube attached to the underside of the floor. Inside this tube is the original registration for the camper, as registered by UHaul. Mine was originally registered in Louisiana.

Good luck!
jasoncarder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
license, registration, title, u-haul, uhaul