Ultimate reno........ - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #1

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Ultimate reno........

No, I didn't win the lottery. Too cheap to buy a ticket. On the other hand, here is a question for you: Given the right circumstances (you already have a fiberglass trailer that suits you just fine, a LOT of money left over from your job as a hedge-fund manager, too much time left over after volunteering for Habitat for Humanity, good health as you retire at 55, and an overwhelming desire to tackle a complete make over of the most desirable fiberglass trailer you can think of, (which describes a significant % of our members, I'm sure ) what design would you search the world for?

The idea is that this would be a project on something that inspires you, impresses you with its cleverness, appeals to your sense of style, touches your sense of fairness for having been ignored or failed in the marketplace, and generally sets your creative juices flowing to the point that NOTHING would stop you from restoring, renovating, rebuilding, modifying, and generally immersing yourself in this kind of hands-on work.

We're talking about finding a semi-derelict Oxygen, Lander, Amerigo, Cadet, Trillium, Boler, etc. etc. and making a show-piece of it. You might have to be ready for extensive research, travel, shipping, custom parts-manufacturing, and the necessity for making the reluctant owner "an offer he can't refuse" type of thing.

With this highly unrealistic scenario I long ago became aware of the particular trailer I would do this to (I won't say which one at this point).

Which design would you move "heaven and earth" for?
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Walthinsen View Post
The idea is that this would be a project on something that inspires you, impresses you with its cleverness, appeals to your sense of style, touches your sense of fairness for having been ignored or failed in the marketplace, and generally sets your creative juices flowing to the point that NOTHING would stop you from restoring, renovating, rebuilding, modifying, and generally immersing yourself in this kind of hands-on work.

Which design would you move "heaven and earth" for?
That's easy. Fiber Stream!
I've always fantasized about buying another one to completely disassemble piece-by-piece and start over, correcting all of the little flaws along the way.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Great topic!

Hands down a Willerby for me...............................

But I love all the older models, rare, retro, etc, etc, etc.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Well, the Geographic went to France

So, I'd start with this.. I want a full-time bed and a livingroom with a recliner! http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...oud-50811.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #5

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Along with Donna I would go with Big Feet !!!!!! Like the 5th wheel model. Certainly thought that Gina's new baby was pretty good too!
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Just lots of them. "Need" five more Trilliums for the kids, (launch pads, wedding gifts...). The Silver Cloud sure looks good as well. But then I would "need" a nice lake front lot to park it on.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #7

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
If I could, Amerigo. I love the shape and I know there is a project Amerigo for sale right now but this is a "if I could ?".
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1984
"Tearing a trailer apart and re doing it in your minds eye".
You are talking about exactly what many, many people here have done to their trailers. All you have to do is look an the modifications section to see the results.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #9

Name: Reid
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Oregon
Registry
Another Trillium. A4500 or a Triple E. Bigger bed and separate dinette so the bed could stay set up. Put the hot water heater under the curb side dinette and a refrigerator (I put the hot water heater where the frige could go in our 1300). Glass in supports for upper cabinets for and aft. Gets my creative juices flowing just thinking about it. Anybody got a 15' Trill or clone they want out of the barn?
Reid Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #10

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
I want Per's Burro, just as it is now.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 19 ft Scamp
We're with Robin...two thumbs up for a Willerby!
Isaac M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #12

Trailer: Trillium 1972
Registry
Willerby- geigraphic is pretty sweet design too!
Cyndivg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #13

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
I like my Cloud...but if I had the funding I would love my Cloud to look like it did the day it came off the factory floor with some modern modifications of course.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:06 AM   #14

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
i'm afraid i owuld just buy a new scamp and go fishing. you do know god doesn't count time spent fishing against you?
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #15

Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Registry
Certainly something we all have thought about at one time or another. I would have to admit that even though Trillium has always been our ultimate fiberglass rv for design and styling we would have to admit that our 17 ft Leocraft would be a serious contender for the ultimate rv, given a few personal mods. Maybe Gina would agree with us. What do you think Gina ? By the way I Believe it's time for more pics on your mods to Your Leocraft. Please and thankyou!
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #16

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
The Willerby Vogue (see Flickr: peterjolly@littleplumstead.com's Photostream) that Peter Jolly redid set me off on this (note the Rover "Auntie" among the pictures. Had a couple of them a long time ago). Flamboyant and unique styling. Would love to get a hold of the shell and running gear for this one.

The Leocraft is intriguing, but more documentation is needed for me. Probably a significantly more realistic choice in this country. I didn't know that the Geographic went to France, but I suppose it could be shipped back. Good thing the Burro is well suited to our camping style.

I suspect that some of the European web sites may have a bunch of interesting trailers, so maybe something will pop up to consider.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #17

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Walthinsen View Post
The Willerby Vogue (see Flickr: peterjolly@littleplumstead.com's Photostream) that Peter Jolly redid set me off on this (note the Rover "Auntie" among the pictures. Had a couple of them a long time ago). Flamboyant and unique styling. Would love to get a hold of the shell and running gear for this one.

Now that what I am talking about! Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely drooling over that one.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote