Under a fiberglass roof- Eriba Touring - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Pennsylvania
Registry
Under a fiberglass roof- Eriba Touring

We just returned from out trip in Europe were we spend a week camping in Slovenia. My brother was lending me his 1989 Eriba Touring Camper, this is the big brother of the Eriba Puck which was once sold in the US. Here are some pictures of this nice camper. I think other than the Niewiadow/Cadets from Poland these are the only fiberglass trailers in Europe but both are not made out of a half molds.

This is the trailer attached to my fathers car. It pulled really nicely with the huge car, unfortunately there is a 50mph speed limit for trailers in Europe

These are 2 pictures from the inside. It is very similar to a front dinette plan from a scamp, we build a bed in front so our toddler does not fall out. I really like the cabinets running around at the top.

Another picture from the outside, and from Lake Bohinj in Slovenia taken from the camp site. If you are ever there this lake is a beautiful visit.

Attached Thumbnails
_IGP8943.jpg   _IGP9025.jpg  

_IGP9024.jpg   _IGP9022.jpg  

_IGP8945.jpg  

Old 07-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #2

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by chse View Post
... My brother was lending me his 1989 Eriba Touring Camper, this is the big brother of the Eriba Puck which was once sold in the US. Here are some pictures of this nice camper. I think other than the Niewiadow/Cadets from Poland these are the only fiberglass trailers in Europe but both are not made out of a half molds.
As I understand previous discussions, the Eribas only have a moulded fiberglass roof - the rest is metal.

There are other European moulded fiberglass trailers, constructed similarly to the more familiar North American eggs:
BIOD
Lander
MKP Grandesse

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #3

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
What a fantastic camper! It was nice of your family to let you use their camper and tow vehicle. Its a fabulous way to see that part of the world. And its not so bad that you had to observe the 50 mph limit since it forced you to slow down and really appreciate the scenery. Thanks for sharing your photos.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #4

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
What a totally cool experience! More than 11 years ago, when I first started looking for a small trailer to camp in... the Eriba was one I had heard about. Love the lines, love the interior use of space. Wellll for me the rest is history.

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures I'm betting you now have memories to last a lifetime.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #5

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Chris, my last post was rushed as I had to go somewhere... so I missed saying thanks for sharing your story.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #6

Name: Chris
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Pennsylvania
Registry
Brian, yes you are right only the roof and lid is FG, the rest is aluminum with these Eribas. Still, this is quite an advantage since the FG roof eliminates many of the sensible seams. Thanks for the links, I did not know that there are molded trailers.

Linda, Donna, yes it was a beautiful trip. I spend many of my childhood vacations in Bohinj and it is a really special place at the foots of the Slovenian Alps. We spend quite some time on the highways before we took more scenic roads. I post 2 more of my favorite images of the river feeding the lake and of its surroundings.
The highways, especially in Germany, can be a bit scary, there the allowed speed for trailers is just a bit faster than the trucks, but the highways are usually only 2 or 3 lanes. Often when passing a fast car approaches with more than 100 mph and they have a habit to come really close to get you off their lane.
Attached Thumbnails
_IGP8866.jpg   _IGP8856.jpg