Unlikely places for Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #1

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
I've towed my Burro to a lot of places. Many times, though, like most of us, I was having too much fun there to remember to get out the camera and take a picture of the dear thing. Here are a few of the more un-believable locations.

Have a look!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48856205[at]N05/show/
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
page not found
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #3

New Mexico
Registry
Yes....I see there is some trouble with the Yahoo/Flicker link. Dunno why but will reply with a solution soon as I can. Meanwhile, here's a teaser....
Attached Thumbnails
B_8.jpg  
Old 04-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I fixed it, you're good to go from the top post. It all has to do with the "at" sign in the Flickr URL.

Nice pics Myron!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #5

New Mexico
Registry
Thanks, Donna........ok now try this new link and see if it works as good or better. (such fun, eh??)

It should take you to my Flicker "Set" which is then clicked on.
....nooooo...Wait. I just checked and your fix is better - NEVER MIND.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #6

Trailer: Aliner
Myron, the photos were great! Thanks for the imaginary tour. It was FUN!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry

Very cute!

CindyL
Old 04-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #8

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Why do they remind me of the car and trailer salt and pepper shakers that we bought at the Tillamook Cheese Factory?
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #9

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
They're all fun to see, but I especially love the photo of your Burro traversing the branch of a fruit tree.
Thanks for sharing with us!

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #10

Name: Joy
Trailer: 1981 Burro 13'
Suburbs of Philly
Talking Great Pictures!

Hello Myron L!

I might be late to this fun photostream but I am well aware of the beauty of the Jenny Pines Burro... I have it! Purchased in 2011-ish from a gent who used it for a "once in a lifetime' trip out west from Washington DC, then sold to me when he was done.

I've had wonderful adventures with her! I also appreciated all the info that came with her (electrical charts, etc). Finding your reno of the unit on You Tube was also helpful in understanding just why some of your mods were created.

But I have good news and bad news: The good: she got a fancy new gel-coat last fall and in the process the large circle patch was re-coated with fiberglass and disappeared! Bad news, she no longer reads "Jenny Pines".

I'll send pictures of how lovely she is now, if you'd like, but I wanted you to know that she lives on, happily, loved and with many more miles to go!

Thank you for restoring her!

PS Now I know were the rock-guard went, lol!
imjoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #11

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I don't see any pictures???
Old 06-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
I don't see any pictures???
The link is more than ten years old. Hopefully Myron has found another repository for his pics and will let us know where...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:35 AM   #13

New Mexico
Registry
What great news, and ----Hello, Imjoyful! Yes by all means please post your pictures of my dearly beloved dear old Burro. Would love to see them. So happy she still has a home.

Had great times and much fun with that '81 Burro. I went digging for some of them old pictures. Here are a few. The first one is what she looked like on the day I first picked her up. She had been left unused, forgotten and ignored for many years in a Massachusetts backyard.
Attached Thumbnails
Burro81.1.jpg   Burro-19.jpg  

Burro-25.jpg   Burro81.3.jpg  

Old 06-06-2020, 08:10 AM   #14

New Mexico
Registry
Here are a few more...
Attached Thumbnails
Burro-24.jpg   BurroCO.jpg  

BurroJC.jpg   Burro-21.jpg  

Old 06-11-2020, 08:04 PM   #15

Suburbs of Philly
Back from the Future!

Myron!
Here are some pix of how well your hard work has lasted!

Ooh..see the nice new gel-coat? The cute kitchen area? (My green tray fits over the burners AND if I make a leg, will slide into the cabinet support, just as intended!) I took out the sink/faucet/water.. a basin & jugs works quite well for me (and I don't trust myself to keep the lines sterile, lol).

Flooring has been changed (Carpenter ants. Ugh.) as well as seam-sealing carpet on roof and ends.

The ONE issue I still have is a leak/weep from right-hand rear window. The metal sill fills and overflows. (Yes, I've toothpick'd the outer weep holes)

I DON'T consider the slight door crack (bottom right) to be a flaw.. I can run an extension cord in to use my electric kettle without popping a circuit AND close the door, lol.

She's much loved, and if I weren't isolating for the virus, I'd be camping somewhere fabulous! Instead, it's my driveway Get-Away!
Attached Thumbnails
Burro 7.jpg   Burro 6.jpg  

103488874_1413938435459835_6713534901345575103_n.jpg   1.jpg  

Old 06-11-2020, 08:11 PM   #16

Suburbs of Philly
A few more views...

(Continued0

I had always thought Jenny Pines was for the Pine Barrens of NJ, but I had the wrong state for you, Myron!

I'm currently 'directing' any water overflow to a Wawa cup.. has done it's job through several major storms. But if there's a fix that does NOT include re-popping out the window, I'm all ears!

Also sending a photo of the driver's side.. they did a great job on the old circle cut-out.. go ahead, try to find it!

She's such fun.. but I still haven't found the Right Name for her... yet!
Attached Thumbnails
Burro 5.jpg   103833131_2518373188478395_5822551974844334798_n.jpg  

102432324_571408916900403_8367004023576584172_n.jpg  
Old 06-12-2020, 09:04 AM   #17

New Mexico
Registry
Thanks so much for the update pix. She's looking so great, so solid, better than ever. Love that amazing gel-coat job!

As for the window leak... the window frame is like a sandwich. I mean it is an outside frame that fits the opening and is kept in place by screws from the inside frame. I used a thick, flexible butyl "tape" around it on the outside to seal the window. This tape is available at any good auto supply store, and on ebay. Should be fairly easy to find the screws and remove the frame assembly, and reseal. I think if the leak is bad that's your best option.

We lived in Sussex County, northwest corner of New Jersey, and the front of our property was lined with a dozen gorgeous 40 foot pine trees. Our black lab's name was Jenny. Hence, Jenny Pines.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:15 PM   #18

Suburbs of Philly
Glad you like the pictures!

They did a great job with the gel-coat and re-do.. and it was much needed, unfortunately, as in Oct/18 I had a limb break in a storm that came down directly on the Burro's top seam, puncturing the fiberglass, breaking window seals and, ugh, so much more.

It was a year's work to find, fix (and pay!) for the needed repairs because I wanted my Burro back!

Hope the new pix make you smile... last October, it almost looked like when you found it... covered by greenery!
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG1451.jpg   IMAG1444.jpg  

Old 06-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #19

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjoyful View Post
I'm currently 'directing' any water overflow to a Wawa cup.. has done it's job through several major storms. But if there's a fix that does NOT include re-popping out the window, I'm all ears!
It might be that the weep holes are blocked up. There are slots on the outside of various window types which can clog up over time.

I used to clean the weep holes in the sliding window frames on our Casita with plastic line cut off the spool from a weed wacker, and soapy water with a soft brush.

If you do a little searching, there's a number of threads here and on other forums where people talk about cleaning the holes using wire, pipe cleaners, compressed air, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Weep holes Oliver forum.jpg   Weep hole 3.jpg  

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:29 PM   #20

New Mexico
Registry
You done good by it, Mike, though those Burro pictures of storm damage in your yard make me weep.

Tags
burro