Update ! - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 13 ft Scamp / 2006 Jeep Liberty Renagade V6
Thumbs up

Haven't been here in a while, trying to get all essentials bought before picking up our trailer in Sept. So far we have a outdoor shower
tent (no bath), wooden shower deck ,porta potty Coleman propane instant hot and dishes. So what else do you think is impotant for happy trailer people?
Ted & Vera

Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #2

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
I would think bedding of some sort.My good wife and i use sheets and blanket others use sleeping bags.
A good to you coffee pot or tea pot.A few pots and pans along with utensils.
This is a very hard question to answere because each of us have our own ideas,EG--a good can opener.I carry a few can goods.No good if i got no can opener.A Nice FIRE---You need axe.
See how lists get big very fast.
My camping is simple.Whats yours like?

Old 07-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #3

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Quote:
Haven't been here in a while, trying to get all essentials bought before picking up our trailer in Sept. So far we have a outdoor shower
tent (no bath), wooden shower deck ,porta potty Coleman propane instant hot and dishes. So what else do you think is impotant for happy trailer people?
Ted & Vera
Don't forget the toilet paper and paper towels! We always bring a lantern, a deck of cards and some travel games (our favorites are Sequence and Scrabble), some ziplock bags of various sizes and garbage bags, clips for tying bags of potato chips, bread, etc. closed, utensils like a spatula, wooden spoon and wire whip, bottle opener and can opener, first aid kit, sunscreen and bug repellent, towels, those are things that come to mind that we use on a regular basis. Good luck!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:20 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We took a couple of folding chairs and a small table. We enjoyed sitting outside at our campsites on the way back home.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 13 ft Scamp / 2006 Jeep Liberty Renagade V6
Thanks for the replies. Just hope we can get everything in that 13'
footer . We have a roof rack carrier to put stuff in and we just got new bicycles to take along. Does anyone know about those bike racks that go over the hitch ? Do they work well ? And we plan on using solar panels to charge our battery. So thats another thing that going in the trailer. Seem like a lot don't it. We'll make it somehow Thanks again for the replies.
Ted & Vera n Kodiak too
Old 07-20-2007, 02:45 AM   #6

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Wheel chocks and leveling wood
Extension cord
Fresh water hose
Chocolate
Old 07-20-2007, 05:40 AM   #7

Trailer: 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
We like sheets on our beds but use our sleeping bags as the blankets. You need a light sleeping bag for warmer weather and a heavy sleeping bag for cooler weather and we use both of them in cold weather.

You need clothes for warm and cold weather.

Are you planning on cooking a lot or going out to eat? You may want paper plates so you don't have to do so many dishes.

Is this your first trip? We always use the statement that if we find we need it, we will purchase it and it will stay in the trailer so that you don't have to pack and repack each trip.

We always take our pie irons. We can use them as little skillets but primarily we use them for pizza at night by the campfire.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:28 AM   #8

Name: Gerry
Trailer: Boler 13 ft / 31 ft Holiday Rambler
Maine
Ted & Vera, Looking back on the first camping trip (just last year) with our Lady-Bug a 13 ft Boler, it rained 2 of the 3 days out and some important suff I knew I need was.

1:if trailer does not have jacks to level it...get some and just a few leveling blocks, it cuts down set up time
2: a decent screen house or some kind of canopy to be able to sit and dine outside at picknick table a colman propane stove, we cook 99% outside
3: a small 12 volt fan if trailer is not equipt to exhaust vapors from wet people and cloths
just leave opposite windows open with fan on.

4: container and small leanght of hose, to catch Gray water out of sink.
5: I bring my own firewood and a few sheets of paper birch as fire starter.
6: Those folding outdoor seats can not be beat.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Old 07-21-2007, 05:19 AM   #9

Trailer: 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
I use the Girl Scout fire starters - candle nibs (ends) wrapped in "Cut-Rite" paper. They are called "candle kisses". You wrap small pieces of "Cut-Rite" paper around the candle and then twist the ends so they look like candy kisses. They make great fire starters and are cheap.

I get my candle ends from my church. They are happy to see someone recycling them.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #10

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
Money. Take money. And a bare minimum of other stuff. Just the essentials, most of which have been mentioned earlier. WalMarts abound. Once you figure out what you really need, you can go buy it. Your real needs may differ from your pre-pickup presumed needs.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:48 AM   #11

Trailer: Boler 1700SGH (Stage II twoftitis)
like Ches says, blankets, sheets and pillows. Nothing, to me, distinguishes tenting from RV'ing than real bed linens instead of sleeping bags.

In addition to everyone else's really great items, the one thing I've gotten used to packing is a _big_ tarp in addition to the awning and some rope. You can't control the weather but you can control how much enjoyment you get when the weather turns. I put our 20x18 tarp as high as I can over the fire pit by tying the rope loosely around a crescent wrench and throw the rope over a tree branch and secure the loose and of the rope down low so I can untie it easily. Then I use a survey pole to stand the middle of the tarp up about 15 feet somewhere near the fire pit.. Over the years, the tarp has sustained a few tears but no burn holes as we don't have bonfires, just small licking flames... And of course, a fire extinguisher is handy...

Also, carry some tarp tape and a brass grommet kit.