Upgrading RVs to Oliver - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Posts: 1,351
Love it, looks great.
__________________

__________________
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Cathi's Avatar
 
Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Posts: 795
I could not find their prices on their website. While the 23' looks great, no idea how much for the base and options.
__________________

__________________
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Rob Outlaw's Avatar
 
Name: Rob
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II, #70
Montana
Posts: 195
Cathi the base price for the 2015 models now in production are $41,000 up from $39,500 for 2014 albeit with some changes and add ons that mostly make up for the price increase.
__________________
Rob Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:39 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Steve Outlaw's Avatar
 
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Mississippi
Posts: 502
Registry
All you folks with Oliver's on order do know there are options to the mirrored cabinet doors, don't you? In ours, we chose black. Several reasons: that's what we had in our previous Oliver, matches the fridge door and our (non standard) microwave, gives some contrast to "all that white" (just pokin' fun), keeps me from seeing myself all the time and bottom line, it's what WE preferred.
__________________
Steve and Tali - Dogs: Reacher and Lucy and our beloved Storm and Maggie (waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)
2008 Outlaw Oliver Legacy Elite & 2014 Outlaw Oliver Legacy Elite II
2017 Silverado High Country 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Rob Outlaw's Avatar
 
Name: Rob
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II, #70
Montana
Posts: 195
Yep, knew that Steve. Likewise the last thing I wanted to see first thing in the AM was little 'ol me in a mirror. Makes for a horrible sight to start the day off.

So have been working on another possible solution. My wife came up with frosting, i.e. sandblasting the plexi mirrors but have not been able to find anyone who can do this and guarantee an even finish. So we have bagged that idea though a good one and think at this point I will put my woodworking skills to the task and laminate wood veneer onto the existing plexi. Either that or just remake the doors entirely out of wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
All you folks with Oliver's on order do know there are options to the mirrored cabinet doors, don't you? In ours, we chose black. Several reasons: that's what we had in our previous Oliver, matches the fridge door and our (non standard) microwave, gives some contrast to "all that white" (just pokin' fun), keeps me from seeing myself all the time and bottom line, it's what WE preferred.
__________________
Rob Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Cathi's Avatar
 
Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Posts: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Outlaw View Post
Cathi the base price for the 2015 models now in production are $41,000 up from $39,500 for 2014 albeit with some changes and add ons that mostly make up for the price increase.
Thanks, Rob. Someone had told me a similar price but then I thought I saw that a 17' Oliver owner was saying his 17' was nearly 40K so I wondered. Do not know why they want to keep the prices off of the website. Seems that keeps business away. Maybe they can only make a few and do not want more business.
__________________
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Rob Outlaw's Avatar
 
Name: Rob
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II, #70
Montana
Posts: 195
Understand they do not make the 17's currently though I believe they will be later in 2015. Its a different critter sort of. Same quality and attention to detail just smaller. Not sure why they don't advertise their prices but call Robert Partee he can answer every question you have and then some. As for production, its my understanding about 2 per month though they are trying to increase it to 3 per month. Nothing like the vast majority of TT where 30-40 per day go out the door. We're talking custom hand made right down to the last bolt.

Hope this helps
__________________
Rob Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Steve Outlaw's Avatar
 
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Mississippi
Posts: 502
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Outlaw View Post
Cathi the base price for the 2015 models now in production are $41,000 up from $39,500 for 2014 albeit with some changes and add ons that mostly make up for the price increase.

Looking at the new list of standards, you guys are getting way more than $1500 worth of upgrades. Nobody ever said they're inexpensive, but I can guarantee you are getting more quality than you're expecting. During the three (or so) months of our build, I went to the factory every other week and spent an eight hour shift with the fellows on the line. I watched them closely, asked a ton of questions and used my engineering to make suggestions (sometimes they even listened). I can say from observation, their work is top notch. You won't be disappointed in your unit and, better yet, you won't spend the next few years monking around with it modding it up trying to get it to be what it should have been all along. You can spend that time camping and enjoying one of the finest molded fiberglass travel trailers in the world.
__________________
Steve and Tali - Dogs: Reacher and Lucy and our beloved Storm and Maggie (waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)
2008 Outlaw Oliver Legacy Elite & 2014 Outlaw Oliver Legacy Elite II
2017 Silverado High Country 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Cathi's Avatar
 
Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Posts: 795
The pricing seems to be the opposite of Escapes where practically everything is an add-on. Options may commonly be $6-8,000 and some people spend well above that. You can also do almost anything on an Escape and people have. The Oliver is said to be a four-season trailer while the Escape is not. Again though, Escape will add on and make changes to attempt to make it that way, if someone so desires.

The build itself is very different between the two, considering that they are both molded fiberglass. That has interesting aspects. Oliver has nothing in the 20' range, however, and it is surprising that they went from 17' to 23'.
__________________
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Cathi's Avatar
 
Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Posts: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
Looking at the new list of standards, you guys are getting way more than $1500 worth of upgrades. Nobody ever said they're inexpensive, but I can guarantee you are getting more quality than you're expecting. During the three (or so) months of our build, I went to the factory every other week and spent an eight hour shift with the fellows on the line. I watched them closely, asked a ton of questions and used my engineering to make suggestions (sometimes they even listened). I can say from observation, their work is top notch. You won't be disappointed in your unit and, better yet, you won't spend the next few years monking around with it modding it up trying to get it to be what it should have been all along. You can spend that time camping and enjoying one of the finest molded fiberglass travel trailers in the world.
I doubt that anyone ever spends 8-hour shifts at the factory for their build. It is certainly nice that they let you do that.
__________________
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Borrego Dave's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Posts: 2,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Outlaw View Post
Yep, knew that Steve. Likewise the last thing I wanted to see first thing in the AM was little 'ol me in a mirror. Makes for a horrible sight to start the day off.

So have been working on another possible solution. My wife came up with frosting, i.e. sandblasting the plexi mirrors but have not been able to find anyone who can do this and guarantee an even finish. So we have bagged that idea though a good one and think at this point I will put my woodworking skills to the task and laminate wood veneer onto the existing plexi. Either that or just remake the doors entirely out of wood.
Rob you could put vinyl transfer over the mirrors, maybe a frosted look ? Goes on like contact paper. They come in all sorts of patterens and styles. Big box stores carry them.
__________________
Borrego Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:21 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Posts: 356
Don't worry, the options list is lengthy. Not hard to add another 10 grand of goodies.

I don't plan on pestering during the build. Honestly I'm too busy to go down there. So I'm trusting they know what they are doing and will deliver the best.

I'm also not one to make changes. After the final work order is done, they are on their own until they call for delivery.
__________________
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - http://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Timber Wolf's Avatar
 
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Posts: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
Oliver has nothing in the 20' range, however, and it is surprising that they went from 17' to 23'.
It is interesting where Oliver decided their market segment was. It will also be interesting to see if they can grow to a simultaneous, multiple product producer and yet maintain the build quality. An Oliver in the 19-20 range would be something I would like to see.
__________________
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:26 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Rob Outlaw's Avatar
 
Name: Rob
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II, #70
Montana
Posts: 195
Astute observations Cathi. The Escapes are nice indeed, but for us the only floor plan we liked was the 5th wheel but we didn't want a 5th even though its my understanding they tow very nicely. We use our truck bed for lots of things and having the hitch there just wasn't an option we wanted to deal with. And it least to us the Oliver just looks so cool.

Hopefully I am not speaking out of turn but it was my understanding from Robert when they went back into the market the decision was made to produce a product that was not available otherwise. To my way of thinking they have succeeded immensely and believe this to be a wise marketing plan too.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
The pricing seems to be the opposite of Escapes where practically everything is an add-on. Options may commonly be $6-8,000 and some people spend well above that. You can also do almost anything on an Escape and people have. The Oliver is said to be a four-season trailer while the Escape is not. Again though, Escape will add on and make changes to attempt to make it that way, if someone so desires.

The build itself is very different between the two, considering that they are both molded fiberglass. That has interesting aspects. Oliver has nothing in the 20' range, however, and it is surprising that they went from 17' to 23'.
__________________

__________________
Rob Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
oliver


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrading our water heater to work on gas and electricity peterh Modifications, Alterations and Updates 5 05-03-2009 12:36 AM
Upgrading Convertor to Convertor/Smart Charger Booker B. Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 13 05-20-2008 08:17 PM
Upgrading an ancient power converter - a few questions Angelo F. Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 10 08-31-2007 05:16 PM
Upgrading to 3 way Fridge...any suggestions jimtesla Modifications, Alterations and Updates 3 02-25-2007 09:08 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.