Vehicle Law Reciprocity - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #15
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
No, its a satelite photo! Great detail huh!

CD and Joyce Smith - Lily, Violet, and Rose
1999 Casita 17' SD - "The Little Egg"
2007 Escalade - 6.2L V8 - 6L80E Trans - 3.42 Diff
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #16
Trailer: Eco 12 ft
I saw that trailer there outside Spokane on ym trip to the PNW last week.

WOW. Even for a guy who's used to seeing big things on wheels, just WOW.

Matt O'Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:08 PM   #17
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The detail on the photo is great, but the perspective is well south of the northwest tower of the bridge, and at the same time well west of the southeast tower. This is either the result of blending adjacent satellite photos taken from significantly oblique angles, or multiple aerial photos, or a single aerial photo from a relatively low altitude, southwest of the bridge. My guess is that the most detailed section is not satellite. Google says
Similarly, the imagery found in "Satellite" mode is sourced predominantly from DigitalGlobe and MDA Federal.
and Google certainly uses EarthSat images from MDA, but MDA sells both satellite and aerial products. I notice that Google put "satellite" in quotes...

In the end it doesn't matter, and it may well be all-satellite, but the perspective of the photos causes some interesting effects in the images, such as those "leaning" bridge towers and blank areas beside some structures.
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #18
Aerial map fetishists may like to see this: Flash Earth It allows you to toggle between several different aerial photo/map sources which can often solve those annoying problems. It's only a beta, I think, but works well, though its search functions are very limited.

In the case of the Tacoma Narrows bridge, Yahoo maps and show the piers of the second span under construction, which Google and Microsoft don't.

On resolution: in the latest Google image of my house, the washing line across my back yard is clearly visible - it may be white, but it's only 5mm (oops, sorry, 3/16") in diameter!

Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote