Very weird - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
What VERY weird thing happened to you this last year?

I was cutting the grass this summer and NO one else was home. I come inside the house and I hear water running. I go downstairs and the hallway, bathroom and laundry room are flooded.

What happened ------> The toilet tank cracked (1/4" x 12") on the back of the tank.
Have you ever heard of this happening?----WEIRD
I will be shutting off the main water line when I leave for the weekend from now on.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
that's terrible!! and what a mess it must have made.

this summer, i, too, had a close encounter with water. but, it wasn't quite the same as yours. i was outside in my back porch, watering plants....and when i came in i found the kitchen floor covered with water, and it was pouring over the counter and the sink was full......and the tap was running. weird?? NO!! stupid???? YES!!! i had turned on the tap to fill the sink to do the dishes and then, while it was filling, i went outside and forgot that i left the tap running!!!!! can you believe that stupidity?? hahahaha
so, not weird like your incident. but just as wet.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
that's terrible!! and what a mess it must have made.

this summer, i, too, had a close encounter with water. but, it wasn't quite the same as yours. i was outside in my back porch, watering plants....and when i came in i found the kitchen floor covered with water, and it was pouring over the counter and the sink was full......and the tap was running. weird?? NO!! stupid???? YES!!! i had turned on the tap to fill the sink to do the dishes and then, while it was filling, i went outside and forgot that i left the tap running!!!!! can you believe that stupidity?? hahahaha
so, not weird like your incident. but just as wet.
Hi: theresap... Good thing you don't have plants to water outside your trailer...or do you???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
A month or so ago, I got a phone call at work... one of my neighbors calling saying "Donna, your garage door is open." What??? It was closed when I left for work at 5:20am, shoot... I don't even park in the garage.

Took off for home, heart pounding wondering what I was going to find when I got through the front door. Nothing, absolutely nothing missing or anything... just the garage door open. Weird...

Turns out, my neighbor had come back from a sports club and had turned on her car alarm with the key fob. THAT made my garage door go up! Then I found out, the same thing has happened to several other neighbors... different key fob alarm though.

Needlessly to say, I disconnected the garage door opener. It's not like I go in and out of it frequently. Rather deal with opening it by hand than have it open when I don't want it to!

WEIRD.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
What happened ------> The toilet tank cracked (1/4" x 12") on the back of the tank.
[b]Have you ever heard of this happening?
It wasn't this year, but...

Since I'm the 1st one to arrive at work, I usually open the building in the morning. This happened on a Monday...

The routine is to unlock the door, turn on the lights, then go in and shut off the alarm system. Then I turn on the heater/air conditioner and open the window blinds. Next I dump yesterday's coffee grounds and make a fresh pot of coffee...

But on this particular morning no water comes out when I turn on the faucet.

"Great!" says the Office Manager when she arrives. I proceed to the warehouse to open the roll-up door. That done, I go to the men's room, for now the coffee I drank for breakfast is... well, you know...

The toilet tank is missing! Wait a minute... there's porcelain rubble all over the floor. Water is dripping from the ceiling? A wet roll of toilet paper is in the middle of the floor, over the floor drain...

I come out to hear the Business Park's Superintendent tell our Office Manager that the water will be off until a back-flow valve at the water main for the complex is replaced. I told him I had something else to show him.

Weird.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Donna,
You should be able to reprogram your garage door opener to a different frequency.

Bill K

Quote:
A month or so ago, I got a phone call at work... one of my neighbors calling saying "Donna, your garage door is open." What??? It was closed when I left for work at 5:20am, shoot... I don't even park in the garage.

Took off for home, heart pounding wondering what I was going to find when I got through the front door. Nothing, absolutely nothing missing or anything... just the garage door open. Weird...

Turns out, my neighbor had come back from a sports club and had turned on her car alarm with the key fob. THAT made my garage door go up! Then I found out, the same thing has happened to several other neighbors... different key fob alarm though.

Needlessly to say, I disconnected the garage door opener. It's not like I go in and out of it frequently. Rather deal with opening it by hand than have it open when I don't want it to!

WEIRD.
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Kenny D.
Quote:
What VERY weird thing happened to you this last year?

I was cutting the grass this summer and NO one else was home. I come inside the house and I hear water running. I go downstairs and the hallway, bathroom and laundry room are flooded.

Have you ever heard of this happening?----WEIRD
I will be shutting off the main water line when I leave for the weekend from now on.
Kevin, several years ago both of us were working turnaround (Refinery talk for major repairs) and I got home first to find the neighbor mopping water out of there town home and when I opened our door it was to discover it was our hot water heater that had burst, water ran out the front door. Here's the tickler, no one shut off our main so there townhouses continued to flood. (I didn't say our neighbors were smart)
All in all, we shut off the water and the hot water heater before we leave for more than two days. Since we live out in the middle of nowhere we also lock down the valves. Guard dog takes care of the rest inside the fence.

Happy Travels, Carmen
Kenny D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
3 am, no hubby in bed and water running. I stumble into the bathroom to ask "Why are you taking a shower at 3 am?" He says from the laundry room, "I'm not taking a shower." I ask, "Why are you doing laundry at 3 am?" He says, "I'm not doing laundry."

The hot water hose had broken and was spilling water all over the floor. We now turn off the laundry tap before going camping....
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #9

Trailer: Former U-Haul and Casita owner (now Class C Motorhome)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Stewart
one morning around 3 am i heard water running. I get up and look as the bathroom is next too my bedroom, no ones there. I start looking, here the water hoses had burst on my washing machine! the problem with that was i had just received a new washer and dryer the week before and NEW hoses had been replaced when they delivered them, At 7 am i was at home depo buying metal ones!
Tom Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #10

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Plummer came to repair/replace outside faucet. Had to splice in new PVC. Complained about that darned PVC...said should have been brass from the start. Finished job, shook hands, paid the man.

5 hours later I noticed the toilet didn't seem to flush very well, if at all. Checked faucet upstairs...nothing..."what the hey." To the basement to see what happend. Water gushing/spraying all over the basement...river flowing over floor to drain. Turned off the main, and discovered PVC splice separated near the ceiling. Noticed sideways gap of about 1" at splice. Maybe should have been lined up better to avoid stress? Plummer corrected w/o apololgy...complained about that darned PVC. 2 hours cleaning up and 3 loads of laundry. Can't wait for water bill!
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote