Veterans Discounts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Veterans Discounts

Just a reminder that Home Depot and Lowes -and maybe more stores- offer veterans a 10% discount on all regularly priced items from pencils to appliances. Most require your DD-214, but my husband's wallet-sized VA card works around here. It sometimes doesn't seem like much, but it all adds up.
Don't know about Canada.
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Oh man, I never knew that!! Both me and my Hubby are Veterans.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I just went to Home Depot today. In the Richmond Va store they had been giving the military discount everyday. They told me they will only be giving the military discount four holiday weekends during the year now. I parked my cart by the cash register and went to Lowes and make my purchases.
HD had stated this new policy in their Memorial Day flyer. I sent HD an E-mail stating that I was not pleased with their new policy and I would be taking my business to Lowes. I got a computer generated reply that someone would get back to me but they never did.
I had made a purchase after Memorial day in HD in Fla. and got the military discount, so this may just may be a Richmond Va. HD policy.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #4

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
I just went to Home Depot today. In the Richmond Va store they had been giving the military discount everyday. They told me they will only be giving the military discount four holiday weekends during the year now. I parked my cart by the cash register and went to Lowes and make my purchases.
HD had stated this new policy in their Memorial Day flyer. I sent HD an E-mail stating that I was not pleased with their new policy and I would be taking my business to Lowes. I got a computer generated reply that someone would get back to me but they never did.
I had made a purchase after Memorial day in HD in Fla. and got the military discount, so this may just may be a Richmond Va. HD policy.
Eddie
I went thru the same thing at our H/D here in Lancaster, PA. I also sent an email to their customer service online. They didn't reply.
I honestly think H/D is hurting business wise. I also find the Lowes is much easier to deal with and has never question my VA card. I appreciated that store the most between the two.
We live about 5 minutes from HD...&....Lowes is about 15 mins from us.....I'll drive the distance to Lowes any day.
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:42 AM   #5

Name: soulman
Trailer: 1972 trillium 1300
Maine
Thumbs up va.discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew View Post
I went thru the same thing at our H/D here in Lancaster, PA. I also sent an email to their customer service online. They didn't reply.
I honestly think H/D is hurting business wise. I also find the Lowes is much easier to deal with and has never question my VA card. I appreciated that store the most between the two.
We live about 5 minutes from HD...&....Lowes is about 15 mins from us.....I'll drive the distance to Lowes any day.
yes i have been going to lowes for years.up here in maine.makes a big discount when you are doing a project.with s.s. we need all the help.THANKS LOWES.PS.i use my v.a.card no problem.
soulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
They told me they will only be giving the military discount four holiday weekends during the year now.
I had not known about this policy at Home Depot. However, San Diego CA is home to the largest concentration of military on the west coast. Almost every establishment that offers a military discount here specifies the member must be on Active Duty because there is such a large concentration of military retirees here.