View new posts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
View new posts

OK, I'm stupid, I guess. Used to be you could see the new posts, then click on the "Mark all as read and return to index" button. I can't see a way to do this on the new format.

What am I missing?

"Senior" Keith Williams
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think it's still there Keith, check under the drop down box for "Forum Tools" when you're at the forum level.

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
Keith, if you look at a list of discussion threads, the ones that you have read display with unbolded titles. Threads that have new posts (that you haven't read) have bolded titles. You really don't need to mark them at all.

If someone posts to a thread that you've already read, the title will change to bold and so you know there's new content. There also links at the top for new posts and todays posts.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #4

I was getting worried but I finally found it under "QUICK LINKS".

Thanks Donna D.

Smiling is good. Sometimes it's hard to do but I try.

EKW
Old 07-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Keith, if you look at a list of discussion threads, the ones that you have read display with unbolded titles. Threads that have new posts (that you haven't read) have bolded titles. You really don't need to mark them at all.

If someone posts to a thread that you've already read, the title will change to bold and so you know there's new content.

I kinda figured that out, but I still like to mark em. Donna D's tip worked for that.

Thanks a bunch,

Keith
Old 07-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft Hybrid
Registry
Along the same lines as above, I find that when I look for new postings, I get those as usual but also about 200 others under this heading:
The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

Those are posts I am not generally interested in. How do I remove them without having to open and close every one. I must have missed a setting somewhere.

I do like the new changes particularly being able to preview the post by placing the cursor over the subject title. Expeditionportal uses the same format and it is a quick way to determine if you want to open the thread.
HerseyBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerseyBA View Post
Along the same lines as above, I find that when I look for new postings, I get those as usual but also about 200 others under this heading:
The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

Those are posts I am not generally interested in. How do I remove them without having to open and close every one. I must have missed a setting somewhere.

I do like the new changes particularly being able to preview the post by placing the cursor over the subject title. Expeditionportal uses the same format and it is a quick way to determine if you want to open the thread.

Try this. When you're looking at the New Posts, along the top is a button that says "QUICK LINKS". Drop the menu down and select "Mark All As Read". That fixes it.

Keith
Old 07-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Why is it necessary to go through 'Quick Links" to mark them as READ.

With the old forum software all you have to do is exit and they are marked as READ.

Is there something I can select in preferences to have all un-read messages marked as READ when I log-off?
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote