vintage camper insurance - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #1

Trailer: Amerigo 16 ft 1973
Thumbs up

Is there anyone out there who could tell me how I could get a "value" on my 1973 Amerigo 16' fiberglass camper???? No one up here in NY has ever heard of Amerigo. My auto insurance needs a "value" for my insurance policy. It has a 2 way fridge w/ freezer, stovew/oven, furnace, 12' awning, 12 volt system , potty model, and is in fantastic condition. We are the 3rd owners and we have all original paperwork including the 1973 original sales receipt. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! Thanks a bunch, Sally (happy camping!!!!)]
Sally G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:42 AM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Hi Sally!

Generally values can be established by looking at the current sales values of similar aged models. Of course the problem in your case is that there aren't enough Amerigos changing hands to fairly guage a market value.

I would try watching eBay, and the 'for sale' ads here and on the Casita Club site as well as some of the other advertising places and collect comps on similarly equipped mid-70s fiberglass trailers. Even though they won't be Amerigos, your insurance company will probably accept the value of similar brands of that era as comps for yours.

Some policies allow for a 'declared value', but you generally still have to support that value with some evidence of it's value if you make a claim.

Good luck!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Find a vehicle appraiser, get him to place a value on it.
Support your value with prices from similar trailers, IE: year, length, etc, and of course make them fiberglass, stickies that old are worth zip.
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
My agent did mine off my Bill Of Sale, and ebay ads. He actually valued it at 2k more than I paid, which is actually less than I have into it.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote

« Windows | Spring »