Vintage trailers at Pismo beach - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2019, 01:17 PM   #1

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
Vintage trailers at Pismo beach

We made a trip to Pismo Beach last week to visit the SLO Vintage trailer meet.
Wow, over 200 pre 1979 trailers, buses, vans etc. I heartily recommend a visit if you like viewing and exploring old trailers and all the trappings that go with them.
I am including pics of 4 fiberglass trailers that we saw . There may have been more!
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
unnamed-800x600.jpg   pismo FG.jpg  

20190517_113048-800x450.jpg   pismo FG 2.jpg  

Old 05-26-2019, 04:04 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Upcoming Casa de Fruita Vintage Event . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Evenson View Post
We made a trip to Pismo Beach last week to visit the SLO Vintage trailer meet.
Wow, over 200 pre 1979 trailers, buses, vans etc. I heartily recommend a visit if you like viewing and exploring old trailers and all the trappings that go with them.
I am including pics of 4 fiberglass trailers that we saw . There may have been more!
Mark
__________________________________________________ _____

Nice photos ! If you are in the central coast or central valley area, try to get to the Casa De Fruita Vintage event June 6th - 9th near Hollister,CA. It will be put on by the folks at Vintage Camper and Trailer Magazine, Casa de Fruita is a nice wooded venue. At least one fiberglas trailer will be there ; my 13' Scamp ! David from Fresno and Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #3

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
David, thanks. Checked RV site availability for that weekend. SOLD OUT!

I did see a blurb of the event on the Casita site. Seems the asking rates for the event were kinda high. Oh Well.

Mark
Old 05-27-2019, 11:17 AM   #4

Yes, rates " Kinda High" . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Evenson View Post
David, thanks. Checked RV site availability for that weekend. SOLD OUT!

I did see a blurb of the event on the Casita site. Seems the asking rates for the event were kinda high. Oh Well.

Mark

Yes high rate$, but includes activities and entertainment . We decided to 'go for it'; we will eat beans for a few days afterwards. Some slightly lower rate$ for spaces along the creek or farther out, that's where we are. Check out the waiting list, you might still get in, it is big so prob a few cancellations. Or come on Saturday, no entrance fee to view the trailers , cars, hot rods. The trailers, cars and people are part of the entertainment ; they know how to have fun ! Say hello if you see my Scamp ! David in Fresno and Sonora
Old 05-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Might try lake Lopez about 6 miles inland from piano or go north about 10 miles to Los oso campground
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #6

Pismo ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Might try lake Lopez about 6 miles inland from piano or go north about 10 miles to Los oso campground

We often go to Los Osos ( The Bears) , or to nearby Pismo State campground by the beach and museum. Or a little campground where the Railroad runs through Grover Beach, near the Oceano OHV entrance. And there are lot$ of private Campground$ too. Wonderful area. Happy Trails ! David in Fresno and Sonora

Tags
vin