Virus at YahooScampers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I have run across constant virus pressure on my PC for about a month.
I ran a scan this morning and cleared my machine, then reopened Scampers after an hour or soand got hit 5 times in a matter of seconds. I am not computer literate enough to know what to do except stay away until they fix the problem. If there is someone on this site that can inform them or help in some way please do so and report back here. Thanx, Floyd
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Floyd, I don't understand what "virus pressure" means, or what getting "hit" five times in a matter of seconds means. Could you elaborate a little more? What operating system are you using? What anti-virus program and firewall are you using, and what exactly are they reporting is happening?

Yahoo is virus-free. I suspect that what's happening is that your firewall or virus program is detecting flash programming or something similar from ads and is giving you alerts rather than there being an actual threat.

If you can be a little more specific in your descripiton of what's actually happening, I'm sure that some of our members can figure out what's going on for you.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Floyd, I don't understand what "virus pressure" means, or what getting "hit" five times in a matter of seconds means. Could you elaborate a little more? What operating system are you using? What anti-virus program and firewall are you using, and what exactly are they reporting is happening?

Yahoo is virus-free. I suspect that what's happening is that your firewall or virus program is detecting flash programming or something similar from ads and is giving you alerts rather than there being an actual threat.

If you can be a little more specific in your descripiton of what's actually happening, I'm sure that some of our members can figure out what's going on for you.

Roger
Your explaination may well be the best one,the message was "SpyWare detected" and showed the solution as "disinfected" I have a WOT program that shows the sight as clean and green.
Maybe I was merely spooked, since I have recently had several substitutions in my E-mails, which is why I ran a full scan. I truly value the site and certainly would not want to harm it in any way.
Thanks for the info and sorry for any concern I may have caused.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Floyd,

Me too. My computer locked up so I took it to the repair shop. My guy cleaned it up and added a coupled of extra spyware things to it.

The Yahoo posts come into my email and guess what. Each time I've logged on this afternoon I've got a message that a Trojan was trying to access my computer but the new software blocked it. I had no emails from anyone else they all came from Yahoo.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:16 AM   #5

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
So, Joy and Floyd... please, what anti-virus software are you using? I get the updates from Yahoo Scampers in my Yahoo mail and have no issues. I use Microsoft Defender and AVG free. It would be helpful to know what anti-virus or anti-spyware package you have, and exactly what the messages that you're getting say.

Often times ad programming will want to download a tracking cookie, and some anti-spyware is so tightly tuned that it percieves those as threats. It'd be interesting to know exactly what you're seeing.

Thanks!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote