Visited our Scamp over the weekend - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
We visited our Scamp in its storage garage over the weekend. I wanted to get my Dutch Oven out of it and give a good re-seasoning. But we also just wanted to see / smell it.

Took a few deep whiffs inside and it was like we were right back there camping!

Bring on the Spring!!!
Jeremy Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Jeremey...
LOL.. I definatally have 'scampitis!! everyone is soooo anxious to take their eggs out to start the season.. I have been working like mad to get the stuff I need for my 16......
"hookum.. up.. rollum out.. scampies!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:49 AM   #3

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Jeremy,
LOL !! I know that feeling ! Please allow me to extend my utmost sympathies to you for having to be so inconvenienced that you can only 'visit' your rv on occasion. We have ours in a garage also, but we also own the garage. Just have to open the back door and there it is. Yep, I have spent time sitting inside it and dreaming of looking out the windows at trees, lakes, beaches and all those cool etc's. Right now, I am looking at three feet of snow on the ground with more to come this weekend. Bummer. Hey, hang in there. Spring is just around the corner !
Donald Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:38 AM   #4

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
We camped at Pine Mtn, Ga (near FDR's Warm Springs) this weekend. The trees were flowering, but hadn't leafed out yet. Temps in the mid 80's. We had to run the AC all day and the fan at night!

Hang in there... it's coming your way!
Click image for larger version

Name:	FDR_State_Park.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	1721
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #5

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
[quote]Yep, I have spent time sitting inside it and dreaming of looking out the windows at trees, lakes, beaches and all those cool etc'

I do the same thing... while working on my small projects. Have my coffee pot out there and radio.... ( sigh) Its warming up here some. but showers are still around.. so it will be awhile before I can go anywhere..

Lorene... your making everyone jealous 80 degree weather!!!!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #6

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Jeremy,
LOL !! I know that feeling ! Please allow me to extend my utmost sympathies to you for having to be so inconvenienced that you can only 'visit' your rv on occasion.
Yes, it's true. I have not seen our Scamp since it was locked away last November.

It is in good company however. My dad and I share the expense on a large storage garage. He keeps his 1966 Chevelle in there with our Scamp.

During the warmer camping season (April - October), the Scamp lives outside at our house.
Jeremy Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:21 PM   #7

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
We camped at Pine Mtn, Ga (near FDR's Warm Springs) this weekend. The trees were flowering, but hadn't leafed out yet. Temps in the mid 80's. We had to run the AC all day and the fan at night!
Did you drive over Dowdell's Knob? That was a favorite place of mine when I was a kid. Those little mountains in that area amaze me. You just don't expect to see mountains that far south.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #8

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
Yes, it's true. I have not seen our Scamp since it was locked away last November.

It is in good company however. My dad and I share the expense on a large storage garage. He keeps his 1966 Chevelle in there with our Scamp.

During the warmer camping season (April - October), the Scamp lives outside at our house.
I went to see my Casita today. I washed it really nice--man does it shine!--and opened the windows, hooked up the power, turned on the fantastic fan and let the fresh air flow through it. I considered de-winterizing it, but we're supposed to get a couple more nights of sub-freezng weather this week. But I'll likely de-winterize it on Sunday to get it ready for our trip to Florida in two weeks.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp