Visited Parkliner and Lil Snoozy - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-31-2016, 12:10 AM   #15

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
I was just contemplating the removal of my propane 2- burner cooktop in my "new" 1999 Casita 16, when I saw this thread. I cant find a microwave to fit the only cabinet it could go into. There is nothing else propane in the camper (no heater and just an icebox.) I am a bit scared of the flames inside as I will travel often with my young nieces. But mostly, would like to redeem the space and install the micro where the stove is. I will rarely boondock, if ever.

Where have y'all put your microwaves? Do any of u use a microwave that is also a toaster oven?

Old 03-31-2016, 01:06 AM   #16

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
I have to ask why microwaves don't scare you?

Old 03-31-2016, 09:29 AM   #17

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Visited Parkliner and Lil Snoozy

Our microwave is installed under the counter by L Snoozy. We bought a small 2 bread toaster
oven that stores under the dinette.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-31-2016, 10:44 AM   #18

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
Mitzi....

My wife and I RV'd for 42 years....and loved it. But all of us come with expiration dates, and she passed away 2 years ago, at age 72. It hadn't been enough time to do and see all we hoped for. For me, the Casita's still fun....but much less so.

If you are in a position to make a decision, a choice, and a purchase of an RV of your choice.....and have the time and opportunity to use it to enjoy our great land with those you care for.... I encourage you to do so. Postponement, you see, is necessarily a one-way street that eventually dead-ends.

Hope to see you down the road.

Frank
Old 03-31-2016, 10:54 AM   #19

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
I feel a lot more secure with a SMALL canister of gas for emergencies, but after our fence was struck by lightning and it jumped to our next door neighbors propane tank, I feel a lot more secure if it's not all wired in to the camper.
Is it electricity (lightning) you should be afraid of or propane?

Without looking I would guess more people die from electrical sources than die from propane sources.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:29 AM   #20

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
plus...

those little cannisters are notorious for having unreliable inner valves....used in boats the best prectice is once the cannister is connected to an external valve to use that from then on (break the connection from the delivery tube to the appliance...leave the external valve on till empty)

if one was really worried about propane one could always shut the supply at the tank(s) when not in use...too much trouble for me (that's why you have a gas detector) but could be done
Attached Thumbnails
kitchend.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #21

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Thank you all who want to educate me on how great propane is, but just remember the saying "A man convinced against his will remains unconvinced still". Freedom includes the freedom to be a d_m fool, as I used to tell my team back when I was a team leader at my work.
JFY- I haven't waited for him much, have done much with Boy Scouts and Florida Trail Association, took my 13 and 8 year old grandchildren on a camping trip north with the spring the whole month of June 2007, took my 18 year old grandson to D.C. for 2 weeks of sightseeing via AMTRAK and staying at the DC Youth Hostel in 2014. "CUPS" has been my theme song ever since it came out. I am NOT going to lie wistfully on my deathbed regretting that I never travelled as I wanted to. I will regret that husband hasn't travelled with me, but that will be his choice, and maybe our next spouses will be more in line with our desires.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:35 PM   #22

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
Mitzi.....

Frank
Old 04-02-2016, 10:15 AM   #23

Florida
Old 04-02-2016, 06:33 PM   #24

Name: Diane
Trailer: still shopping
Delaware
Quote:
Thank you all who want to educate me on how great propane is, but just remember the saying "A man convinced against his will remains unconvinced still". Freedom includes the freedom to be a d_m fool, as I used to tell my team back when I was a team leader at my work.
JFY- I haven't waited for him much, have done much with Boy Scouts and Florida Trail Association, took my 13 and 8 year old grandchildren on a camping trip north with the spring the whole month of June 2007, took my 18 year old grandson to D.C. for 2 weeks of sightseeing via AMTRAK and staying at the DC Youth Hostel in 2014. "CUPS" has been my theme song ever since it came out. I am NOT going to lie wistfully on my deathbed regretting that I never travelled as I wanted to. I will regret that husband hasn't travelled with me, but that will be his choice, and maybe our next spouses will be more in line with our desires.
Mitzi...love your attitude! I will soon be traveling solo in a new Snoozy and hope we will meet on the road. Thanks for sharing and BTW, I agree with all electric. Snoozy folks will mount a small generator on the tongue as an option and you could eventually go solar down the road.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #25

Florida
Likes for Bernese and JFY!
Old 04-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #26

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
We get along fine without installed propane in our LiL Snoozy. I do use a propane camp stove for cooking outside and a LIL Buddy heater where we do not have electricity. Someone doing a lot of boondocking would miss it more.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Or someone who plans to travel around NA other than the US south would also really miss the propane.

Many of the nicest campsite you can camp in have no power here in the Pacific North West for example. Up here in BC for example few Provincial or National parks have power and if they do it is on a VERY limited number of sites. Lots of tree coverage also so it makes solar dependancy an issue at times as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:49 PM   #27

Florida
Planning on purchasing the Honda Generator for charging- have heard good things about their quiet running. I agree that for many of you propane is a valuable option, but just like when I went on my first backpacking trip in sneaks instead of hiking boots, and was told by the old veterans that I would really need hiking boots, I declined their wisdom. Still have never backpacked in anything but sneaks, and no problems with my ankles (relating to backpacking, at least!) And I doubt I would enjoy a propane furnace, thinking that small cube heater, an electric blanket and 3 cats would keep us warm on chilly nights.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:21 PM   #28

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Planning on purchasing the Honda Generator for charging- have heard good things about their quiet running. I agree that for many of you propane is a valuable option, but just like when I went on my first backpacking trip in sneaks instead of hiking boots, and was told by the old veterans that I would really need hiking boots, I declined their wisdom.
The funny part is I would be far more scared/concerned about packing around a generator around and the gas it requires to run than propane. But thats just m based on the number of deaths each year from incorrect generator use. Not to mention the ever increasing restrictions as to when and where you can use a generator. Its a lot of weight to carry around if your not able to use it at 10 at night when your battery is dead and you need heat.

Agree cube heaters work great I use one as well when plugged in but when not plugged in it doesn't work so well at keeping me warm.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy, parkliner