Visited Parkliner and Lil Snoozy - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-04-2016, 06:28 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Bernese Bunch's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: still shopping
Delaware
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Planning on purchasing the Honda Generator for charging- have heard good things about their quiet running. I agree that for many of you propane is a valuable option, but just like when I went on my first backpacking trip in sneaks instead of hiking boots, and was told by the old veterans that I would really need hiking boots, I declined their wisdom. Still have never backpacked in anything but sneaks, and no problems with my ankles (relating to backpacking, at least!) And I doubt I would enjoy a propane furnace, thinking that small cube heater, an electric blanket and 3 cats would keep us warm on chilly nights.
Mitzi...Again, great minds...
I was at Woodstock (yes the original) so EVERYTHING is a step up!!!!
I still wear sneakers for light hiking but have upgraded to a running model.
__________________

__________________
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Name: Pat63
Trailer: Snoozy
Indiana
Posts: 12
I do very little campground camping. 90% boondocking. I have owned a 16' Scamp and a 5th wheel scamp and we also have a small RV. So, I feel like I can do a comparison between propane v. No propane. The decision? I do not miss propane at all. I have the 12 volt truck fridge and a Honda 2000i if I need it. I have a 32' LED 12 volt tv, DVD player and radio. All of these work on battery power for upwards of 24 hours. When it's cold, I use more blankets. (I like sleeping in the cold anyway). In the morning, I start up the generator for about 20 minutes to warm up the inside of Snoozy with the ceramic heater and make coffee. (And, BTW, I am a solo 70 year old traveler because my husband does not like to camp). I love the Snoozy. It is so much easier to back up, hook up and unhook than either of my Scamps. Plus, I have a vehicle to drive when necessary. So, I don't miss propane at all.
__________________

__________________
phowey63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,143
Mitzi, I tend to wear hiking boots for ankle support when hiking on uneven terrain. I've been told that once a person sprains an ankle, those muscles are never quite 100% again and turning the ankle becomes harder to avoid due to the stretched/weakened muscles. Since I earn a living on my feet, I figure hiking boots (comfy ones) are sensible. But for normal pathways in parks, I'll often wear a pair of running shoes (same thing I wear for work).
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #32
Member
 
Melanie B in NC's Avatar
 
Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
Posts: 92
We have a Lil Snoozy purchased in October 2013. We used it a lot in 2014 and then had to slow down last year due to moving from NC to Alabama and the discovery that a new axle was needed. Because of "Life" we had to basically park it all of 2015. But now we have a new axle (leaf spring now instead of torsion), new tires, inside all scrubbed and freshened. The only thing left to do is for DH to replace the sink faucet which cracked (the old one is lying on my kitchen table). He says it is a simple repair and will do it as soon as new one arrives. Then we are going out for a short shakedown cruise to remind ourselves of the fun we had.

All this is leading up to say I also do not like propane and will always be an all electric gal. Any system has its advantages and disadvantages and we have chosen electric. Hope all enjoy whatever they have chosen and hope to see some other Snoozies once we get out again in a couple of weeks.
__________________
Melanie B in NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Ice-breaker's Avatar
 
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Posts: 470
I guess that many of us who grew up using natural gas or propane in our homes for furnaces, stoves, and water heaters may be more comfortable using propane in a trailer than those who's life experience may be limited to mostly electricity. Both are ok, but my own opinion is that combination of propane and electricity in a camper trailer gives you the most flexibility and options for camping in any situation. Ruling out one or the other will almost always limit your options.
__________________
Dave W - 2013 Escape 19', 2013 Escape 15B and 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:16 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Posts: 406
Melanie and Phowey- thanks for real-life experience report.
Bernese- One of my coworkers gave birth to her son at Woodstock and one of my adult Boy Scout co-leaders and local Bradley Childbirth instructors heard the baby's cries which were played over the PA system.
Just judging by hitch height my Chevy Van (1986, diesel) should be able to pull the snoozy. Got 26 mpg in 2013 between Greenville SC, Long Creek, SC and I75/FL Tpk home) Just need to figure out how to stop the leaks thru the rear doors- which didn't start until we had the damaged rear lock removed and a fresh one started. There are no local body shops- or RV shops, that will deal with such an old van.
__________________
That's my job. I read...and I know things
Mitzi Agnew-Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:23 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Posts: 406
Mike, never turned an ankle on FL Trail, and I have hiked thru some nasty pig rootings that looked like a plow had come thru. I wore jungle boots (military grade) on my Boy Scout troops 4 trips to Northern Tier High Adventure Base- the rocks get downright slippery with algae/moss etc. That was 1997 BWCA, 1998 Bisset Manitoba, 1999 and 2006 Atikokan NW Ontario. You pays your money and you takes your choice. My only ankle injury was at work, stepping off a perfectly good curb into a parking lot. FTA is eminently do-able in sneaks
__________________
That's my job. I read...and I know things
Mitzi Agnew-Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:42 AM   #36
Member
 
Sands's Avatar
 
Name: Sands
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16'
Arizona
Posts: 77
What Dave says! Electricity plus propane gives one two sources of energy. We boondock almost exclusively. We dislike the noise and exhaust of generators. Solar works most of the time, but not all of the time. Running our fridge and heating the trailer on cold mornings is best done (for us) with propane. Wouldn't want to go without propane!
__________________
Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #37
Member
 
J.F.Y.'s Avatar
 
Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
Folks...........

Different strokes............

Frank
__________________
J.F.Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:33 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Bernese Bunch's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: still shopping
Delaware
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Melanie and Phowey- thanks for real-life experience report.
Bernese- One of my coworkers gave birth to her son at Woodstock and one of my adult Boy Scout co-leaders and local Bradley Childbirth instructors heard the baby's cries which were played over the PA system.
Just judging by hitch height my Chevy Van (1986, diesel) should be able to pull the snoozy. Got 26 mpg in 2013 between Greenville SC, Long Creek, SC and I75/FL Tpk home) Just need to figure out how to stop the leaks thru the rear doors- which didn't start until we had the damaged rear lock removed and a fresh one started. There are no local body shops- or RV shops, that will deal with such an old van.
HA, HA...Woodstock, indeed! That's great info. I'd love to pass that on to my Facebook friends who were all there with me.
As a bit of info regarding propane, I've had propane and natural gas in several homes. Since these systems are monitored by the supplier, I've not normally been worried about any leaks or issues until a couple of months ago. We have a neighborhood supplied by propane and experienced a leak just a few houses down from me. There were various departments monitoring this situation and several homes needed to evacuate. Quite the drama! The folks owning the home where the leak occurred just moved back into their home after 3 months of hotel living. LP and natural gas are very dangerous and I, personally, do not want to be the person responsible for the safety of me and everyone around me. What if I forget to turn something off? Such a big responsibility. Just my opinion.
__________________
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:43 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Bernese Bunch's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: still shopping
Delaware
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
HA, HA...Woodstock, indeed! That's great info. I'd love to pass that on to my Facebook friends who were all there with me.
As a bit of info regarding propane, I've had propane and natural gas in several homes. Since these systems are monitored by the supplier, I've not normally been worried about any leaks or issues until a couple of months ago. We have a neighborhood supplied by propane and experienced a leak just a few houses down from me. There were various departments monitoring this situation and several homes needed to evacuate. Quite the drama! The folks owning the home where the leak occurred just moved back into their home after 3 months of hotel living. LP and natural gas are very dangerous and I, personally, do not want to be the person responsible for the safety of me and everyone around me. What if I forget to turn something off? Such a big responsibility. Just my opinion.
Mitzi...I've already chosen my colors and materials for the Snoozy. I'll try to attach the photo. Factory is painting the cabinets 'cause hate the oak!
__________________
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:49 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Bernese Bunch's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: still shopping
Delaware
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
Mitzi...I've already chosen my colors and materials for the Snoozy. I'll try to attach the photo. Factory is painting the cabinets 'cause hate the oak!
OK...where the heck is the photo? I can never figure out how to attach. UGH!
__________________
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:53 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Bernese Bunch's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: still shopping
Delaware
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Mitzi, I tend to wear hiking boots for ankle support when hiking on uneven terrain. I've been told that once a person sprains an ankle, those muscles are never quite 100% again and turning the ankle becomes harder to avoid due to the stretched/weakened muscles. Since I earn a living on my feet, I figure hiking boots (comfy ones) are sensible. But for normal pathways in parks, I'll often wear a pair of running shoes (same thing I wear for work).
Some very good thoughts...I'll consider the hiking boots! Yes. I'm in the upper range of age and have twisted an ankle on a pine cone. What the heck? When I get my trailer and do some serious hiking out west, I'll buy a real pair of boots! Thanks.
__________________
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Bernese Bunch's Avatar
 
Name: Diane
Trailer: still shopping
Delaware
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
HA, HA...Woodstock, indeed! That's great info. I'd love to pass that on to my Facebook friends who were all there with me.
As a bit of info regarding propane, I've had propane and natural gas in several homes. Since these systems are monitored by the supplier, I've not normally been worried about any leaks or issues until a couple of months ago. We have a neighborhood supplied by propane and experienced a leak just a few houses down from me. There were various departments monitoring this situation and several homes needed to evacuate. Quite the drama! The folks owning the home where the leak occurred just moved back into their home after 3 months of hotel living. LP and natural gas are very dangerous and I, personally, do not want to be the person responsible for the safety of me and everyone around me. What if I forget to turn something off? Such a big responsibility. Just my opinion.
img
__________________

__________________
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lil snoozy, parkliner


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visited a 13' 1997 Casita Patriot deluxe DennisTheMenace Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 18 05-20-2015 02:47 PM
Have you visited Baxter State Park? SeldomSeen Camping, Campout Reports 5 10-05-2014 08:56 AM
Visited a nice campground up north Mary Ann in MN General Chat 4 07-11-2012 05:13 PM
Visited our Scamp over the weekend Jeremy Witt General Chat 7 03-14-2006 08:24 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.