Visited Parkliner and Lil Snoozy - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2016, 04:53 PM   #41

Name: Diane
Trailer: 2015 Lil Snoozy
Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Mitzi, I tend to wear hiking boots for ankle support when hiking on uneven terrain. I've been told that once a person sprains an ankle, those muscles are never quite 100% again and turning the ankle becomes harder to avoid due to the stretched/weakened muscles. Since I earn a living on my feet, I figure hiking boots (comfy ones) are sensible. But for normal pathways in parks, I'll often wear a pair of running shoes (same thing I wear for work).
Some very good thoughts...I'll consider the hiking boots! Yes. I'm in the upper range of age and have twisted an ankle on a pine cone. What the heck? When I get my trailer and do some serious hiking out west, I'll buy a real pair of boots! Thanks.
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:07 PM   #42

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
HA, HA...Woodstock, indeed! That's great info. I'd love to pass that on to my Facebook friends who were all there with me.
As a bit of info regarding propane, I've had propane and natural gas in several homes. Since these systems are monitored by the supplier, I've not normally been worried about any leaks or issues until a couple of months ago. We have a neighborhood supplied by propane and experienced a leak just a few houses down from me. There were various departments monitoring this situation and several homes needed to evacuate. Quite the drama! The folks owning the home where the leak occurred just moved back into their home after 3 months of hotel living. LP and natural gas are very dangerous and I, personally, do not want to be the person responsible for the safety of me and everyone around me. What if I forget to turn something off? Such a big responsibility. Just my opinion.
img
Old 04-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #43

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
img
img/Users/Diane/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2016/Apr 5, 2016/IMG_1064.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #44

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
And - good, bad or otherwise - since the Lil Snoozy comes default with surge activated brakes, you don't need to worry about installing a brake controller and 7-pin electrical receptacle on your tow vehicle.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #45

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Thank you War Eagle, that's helpful to kknow
Old 04-27-2016, 03:09 AM   #46

Name: Leslie
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
A Different View

Currently I own a wonderful very small trailer (no bathroom, can't stand up) and have been looking for months at many different units.

I visited Lil' Snoozy a few months ago, Prior to my visiting Lil' Snoozy I made an appointment. When I arrived only the young woman who runs the front desk was there and apologized the owner/sales person was not available. I spent quite a bit of time going over the entire trailer and was not really happy about the quality of the finishing of the interior. I had some specific questions about trailer insulation and was not comfortable with the answers I received. Still, I kept it in mind as a possibility.

Yesterday I spent several hours at the Parkliner factory, which is in Burlington NC. I made an appointment ahead of time. I was there for several hours. Tom answered all my questions in depth and shared his experiences camping in cold weather with the Parkliner. I toured the entire factory, looked into a trailer under construction and handled components that are used in the trailer. I also was in the finished model. I put down my money. They are going to build an all electric unit for me with the options that I desire.
Leslie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:07 AM   #47

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Leslie, nice write up too. What didn't you like about the LS quality ?
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:48 AM   #48

Delaware
I was at Snoozy a few months ago. At that time, they had an old model in the showroom. They've made some changes; the trailers are now white, the interior fiberglass finish is smooth. I'm surprised Richard wasn't there to greet you and give you the tour!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:40 AM   #49

Florida
Leslie, I will say Parkliner was a strong contender, especially since I could have customized one for thousands less than LilSnoozy. Yes, Tom told me also that I could customize and do all electric. As I said, were I single and not a slave to 6 furry beasts (3 of which are ostensibly ferals, but when we took them to the vet were told they didn't ACT like ferals) I would have gone with Parkliner. There is an UNBELIEVABLE amount of storage for the space, and I could've left the big dinette down as a dedicated bed. However, the storage space couldn't be qualified as cat-able, altho putting up the bunks could've given us cat-space- for one. I think the Parkliner is a great option for 1, in my case, not for 2 of us.
But in the future...If I were a solitary camper, would seriously look at changing to a Parkliner.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:53 AM   #50

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
I am very surprised that Richard Mickle was not there for Leslie's appointment and feel there must have been a serious miscommunication. He is usually so very customer oriented. So Snoozy lost a sale. I hope Richard sees this and ensures it does not happen again. My Snoozy is a great little trailer and we are leaving this afternoon for a very short trip up the road to test out our new axle. It was fun putting in clean towels, etc and getting Marigold ready for the trip. I have only seen Parkliner in pictures, but it looks good also. We considered it before buying Snoozy in Nov of 2013, but Parkliner was having so many problems then that we were scared off.
Melanie B in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #51

Florida
Melanie so you've named named yours Marigold?? I have named all my cars_- the current one, a Saturn is named for the Legion of Superheroes Saturn Girl!!! You've given me an idea for a great new thread!!
Old 04-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #52

Name: Leslie
North Carolina
Best to everyone

Enjoyed all the comments. Seems everyone is happy with their own choices and having fun out there. Right now I camp with a tiny electric refrigerator, a two burner propane stove in an outside galley, no heat, no bathroom, no hot water. My coldest night got down to 17 outside. Been very happy with my current trailer but am going to be camping a lot more, including living in the camper for sometime (months) after I sell my home this summer/early fall. Thus, the Parkliner which is a giant step up for me.

I could have been happy in a Lil' Snoozy, Egg, Nest, Scamp or any of them for that matter. Looking forward to meeting you in the future.
Leslie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:45 PM   #53

Name: Pat
Michigan
Congratulations Leslie, I love my Parkliner and am really happy with my decision. I have never pulled a trailer before and am comfortable pulling, setting up and traveling with her. I know you will be happy, can't wait to hear of your adventures.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy, parkliner