Waiting to Pick Up a Trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-09-2016, 08:41 AM   #15

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
... Do we get all new sets of pans, dishes, silverware, coffeepot or will they need to be changed between campers every time we take one or the other. ... CindyL
To each, their own, but we store all of that kind of stuff in a large enclosed Rubbermaid tub in a storage room off our garage. When it's time to go camping, we just grab the tub to restock the camper. When done camping, we pull it all out of the camper, wash it all thoroughly in our home kitchen, take inventory of anything we need to replace or add, then stow it all in the tub again so it's ready to grab-and-go the next time. Works for us, but then we don't cook with a lot of big pots and pans while camping. We mostly do dry snacks or quick microwave meals so we can get back to having fun as quick as possible. If you did the same, it wouldn't matter which camper you chose to use, just grab the tub on your way to whichever camper you're headed out in. Using just one big tub, it does get a bit heavy, though, even without pots and pans, so that might not be the best option for you. Just something think about. Dale

Old 02-09-2016, 09:32 AM   #16

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
One thing I am thinking about a lot is what to do with 2 campers. Do we get all new sets of pans, dishes, silverware, coffeepot or will they need to be changed between campers every time we take one or the other. That will be a real pain, since we have to store the Bigfoot away from home. I think for the time being, we will make do with some from the house, since I just bought all new for the house kitchen, and they are melmac to make things as light as possible for my hand disability. And, since my birthday is coming up (I will be 39 .), I will ask for the smallest Keurig, since coffee pots are getting to be heavy for my hands.

And I have plenty of wine openers

CindyL

Thrift shops!!! They are a great place to find gently used and sometimes brand new kitchen items to stock the second trailer with. If you go looking for something in particular one day and they do not have it go back in a few days they may have it then.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #17

Name: Lance
Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17.5 1987 Bigfoot 28 ft SilverCloud
British Columbia
Kevin, I have the original manual and can copy it for you once we return to home base in the spring. You'll find it quite generic though, common to all the Bigfoot trailers of the period. As I recall it served for the truck camper line as well.

Lance

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 02-09-2016, 09:29 PM   #18

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Thanks, Lance. I would really appreciate having a copy.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #19

Name: Patrick
Trailer: R-Vision Trail Lite
New York
I find that most travel trailers come with little from the trailer manufacturer but the original complete package includes a manufacturer's owner pamphlet for each appliance in the trailer including the water heater, refrigerator, cooking appliances and electric wiring plus whatever. Everything in every travel trailer is obtained from a standard list of manufacturers supplying the RV industry. After you have owned a few different travel trailers you will notice they all use the same appliances and hardware and nothing much changes from year to year.
My first travel trailer back in 1983 had pretty much the same equipment as the trailer I own today manufactured in 2001.... The more they change the more they remain the same. The biggest innovation made in the RV industry in the last 30+ years has been the slide out (and they all seem to leak sooner or later).
Old 02-10-2016, 10:29 AM   #20

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Thanks, Lance. I would really appreciate having a copy.
Kevin there are a couple of Bigfoot Owners manual in the Documents Centre here that you can down load.

There is also a Bigfoot Owners Center Club

I also know a party who has the same trailer you are purchasing so if you want need some specific info let me know and i will see if they have it.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #21

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Where is this "Documents Center"?
Old 02-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #22

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Thanks for the information, Carol. I joined the BOCI for us and downloaded the manual for the 25' Bigfoot and gave it to Kevin. I bought patches and a metal Bigfoot that Kevin will try to make into a sign with our name. I bought a jacket for one of the patches that was on sale for 85% off. Now I have to find one for Kevin.

Kevin thinks of the mechanicals; I think of decoration, dishes, and collectibles, although Kevin jumped the gun on me and bought different recliners than I was looking at. However, he has seen the camper; I have not. And I liked them when they arrived. I bought blankets and sheets.

I can't wait to see it

CindyL
Old 02-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #23

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Where is this "Documents Center"?
It's in the "More" tab all the way at the top right of the screen. Good stuff there!
Old 02-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #24

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Thanks Jon
The Bigfoot manual there is from 1992. My trailer is a 2002. If anyone has one closer to mine I'd gladly pay for a copy.

Walt
P.S. The one major fault with Bigfoot is the poor quality of their manuals, when they can be found at all.
When I bought my 1995 13' Casita in 2008, I was able to purchase copies of the original manuals for the trailer and all appliances from the factory. And the trailer manual included schematics for the layout of plumbing and wiring systems.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:19 PM   #25

Oak Park, IL
Thanks, Carol. I've been communicating with an owner of a 1987 Silver Cloud who has already been very helpful. He is going to copy his manual to me when he gets back home from winter travels. He also has volunteered to answer my technical questions once we pick up the trailer in April.

If you know someone else with a Silver Cloud, I'll stay in touch with you later this spring, too.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #26

Oak Park, IL
Lance,
Is your manual the same as the last one listed in the Document Center (Under the "More" tab at the upper right corner)? That one covers 1986-1992 and has directions for the camper, trailer, and 5th-wheels.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:42 PM   #27

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Thanks, Carol. I've been communicating with an owner of a 1987 Silver Cloud who has already been very helpful. He is going to copy his manual to me when he gets back home from winter travels. He also has volunteered to answer my technical questions once we pick up the trailer in April.

If you know someone else with a Silver Cloud, I'll stay in touch with you later this spring, too.
Kevin as the party I know is currently wintering south as well I suspect we are talking about one and the same party... not that many Silver Clouds around....
Old 02-10-2016, 09:47 PM   #28

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Thanks Jon
The Bigfoot manual there is from 1992. My trailer is a 2002. If anyone has one closer to mine I'd gladly pay for a copy.

Walt
P.S. The one major fault with Bigfoot is the poor quality of their manuals, when they can be found at all.
When I bought my 1995 13' Casita in 2008, I was able to purchase copies of the original manuals for the trailer and all appliances from the factory. And the trailer manual included schematics for the layout of plumbing and wiring systems.
Its unfortunate but when Bigfoot reopened its doors after having closed down the new owners did not inherit any of the old manuals or plans apparently....

Having said that though the manual for my 1992 Scamp was pretty thin as well - 4 pages.... but the good news is/was all the previous owners did save the copies of all the manuals that came with the appliances etc..

Here is the direct link to the Documents Centre: